So I recently broke my Torch so my friend kindly loaned me his AT&T BlackBerry 9900 until BB10 come out. I unlocked the phone through freemyblackberry and everything is working perfectly in my house and around my neighborhood, which is only EDGE. When I travel to an area that has 4G for T-Mobile, I see it switch to the 4G network for about 1 minute, but then I'll get "SOS - SIM not allowed:3". (It even does it with EDGE sometimes not around my neighborhood) It will never try to find T-Mobile again unless I do a battery pull, which it will just cycle into the SIM error after it shows 4G or EDGE. I've searched but I can't find anything to this situation besides putting a paper on the SIM, which I tried, but it's obviously not the SIM contacts as it works in my borough of NY, just no where else. I'm really at a loss, I have no idea what to do. Any ideas? I'm currently in my house and it's working now after a battery pull, but when I was just in Manhattan, it showed the error.

Is there something I need to change inside of the OS?

Also, this phone can't get UMA correct? I had it on the Torch for AT&T, but I believe my research has come up a no on this one, just trying to make sure.
    12-16-12 12:29 AM
    You might want to try stopping by a T-Mobile store and picking up a new SIM card that is 4G compatible. Otherwise, have you tried restoring your phone?
    12-16-12 07:43 PM
    12-16-12 08:08 PM