Hi there! I have had my Pink Curve for about three weeks and I am wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the trackball not being bright. At first I didn't really pay any attention to it but it is kinda bugging me now. I was at a Verizon store the other day getting a case and I asked them about it. They said it was normal but I am not so sure it is (they didn't have another Pink Curve to compare it with). I had a T-Mobile Pearl a few years ago and the trackball was super bright. I know the LED is in a different place on the Curve but I have seen others that are really bright. Is anyone else having this problem, especially with the new Pink Curve? I just want to make sure I am not overreacting before I send it back to get a new one! Thanks in advance for all the help!
    09-16-08 05:04 PM
    Hey there. I have a pink curve and my trackball isn't bright either so I'm assuming this is the norm for the trackball on this phone. I had the pearl as well with tmobile and I know how bright the trackball was on that phone..nice and bright. The trackball looks faded on the pink curve but I don't think its broken. :-) hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 12:07 AM
    I am glad I am not the only one! I feel much better now knowing there isn't anything wrong with my phone. I actually went to another Verizon store yesterday and they took a new one out of the box and it looked about the same as mine so I guess that's just the way they made them. I would love a brighter trackball but I love my Pink Curve too much to worry about it! Thanks so much for responding!
    09-18-08 10:56 AM
    I know this thread has been dead for months now; I just wanted to say one thing about this.

I have an 8330 and my gf has an 8310. I noticed that her trackball was MUCH brighter than mine. I took them apart and figured out why. On hers, the LED for the trackball is directly underneath it, while on mine, the LED is off to the left, almost underneath the Menu key. I don't know if that's the norm for 8330s, but I don't see any reason to assume otherwise. Just food for thought.

02-01-09 11:58 PM
    mine is faded too.

02-02-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD