I'm getting a replacement of my new bold, just wondering if PINs are attached to the unit itself or my roegers account. Because I wanted to keep the same pin number once I'm on my new phone instead of getting a new pin. Thank you for help in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 07:25 PM
    to my understanding, the pin is attached to each phone, not the account. i know this b/c i went through 3 bolds (had problems with transfer software) and each had a different pin for me to use on BBM and such.
    01-03-10 07:29 PM
    furrylittlegnome is correct, the PIN is attached to the phone, every phone has a different one. there is no way to transfer it.

But, when you switch devices and go through the backup/restore process everything will sync seemlessly. When you restore your BBM list that you have backed up, regardless if it was done by the SD card or by email, it will "magically" replace your old PIN with your new PIN for your contacts. The only way your BBM friends would know you got a new BB is if you told them, or they for some reason know your PIN by memory (which would be kind of creepy to me).
    01-03-10 07:47 PM
    Lol yea that would be creepy. Thank you guys so much for the input. Well my current pin number is a numeric one, which is quite easy for me to memorize instead of ones with num& alphabets in it. Lol guess I'll have to live with it if my new pin is like that

01-03-10 08:10 PM
    I know what you mean. My old PIN had letters and numbers but was really easy to remember. My new one is all screwed up, I had the phone for a little over a month and still can't remember it.
    01-03-10 08:29 PM
    I can't tell you what relief and excitement I had whenever I figured out that I could just type "mypin" and it'd pop up....and that I didn't have to go searching for it by looking at the status and such....I've made it my quest to tell all BB users how easy it is to find hahaha
    01-03-10 08:50 PM
    The only way your BBM friends would know you got a new BB is if you told them, or they for some reason know your PIN by memory (which would be kind of creepy to me).
    BBM changes automatically, how about the PIN in the address book/contacts list?
    01-03-10 10:46 PM
    Good question Blade? I am not exactly sure, but if the BBM contact and the one in the address book are linked (in BBM) I assume it would change it. I don't know for sure though, hopefully someone else can confirm.
    01-03-10 11:59 PM
    unless you sync your new blackberry with your old one (which gave me issues when i got my new phone), it'll change the contacts and such but otherwise, you have to do it manually.
    01-04-10 12:09 AM
    I can't tell you what relief and excitement I had whenever I figured out that I could just type "mypin" and it'd pop up....
    i dig it!!!!
    01-04-10 12:47 AM
    I can't tell you what relief and excitement I had whenever I figured out that I could just type "mypin" and it'd pop up....and that I didn't have to go searching for it by looking at the status and such....I've made it my quest to tell all BB users how easy it is to find hahaha
    Sorry but where do you type that in?? Damn I never knew that, same with you i check my pin from status every time.

01-04-10 02:35 AM
    you type it anywhere...like in a text or in bbm or something. anywhere where you can type something and have autotext work. i usually just open a text and type it to get my pin info. Auto text is my FAVORITE feature on the BB!
    01-04-10 02:00 PM
    you type it anywhere...like in a text or in bbm or something. anywhere where you can type something and have autotext work. i usually just open a text and type it to get my pin info. Auto text is my FAVORITE feature on the BB!
    Haha thank you it works

01-05-10 11:03 AM
    You can also switch things via the BIS website - but ya, if you just do everything through the DM when you get a new device, it should automatically transfer everything to the new device without having to use the BIS website
    01-06-10 07:55 PM
    sometimes the new phones dont come with the new bbm software and when you use the dm it doesnt transfter you contacts till you do an update in this case just run the backup using dm after updating the new bbm.
    01-06-10 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD