OK. So the only thing that I would benefit from, it looks like, is the payment plan or "financing" of handhelds. Can anyone break down how this works?
    10-25-09 08:14 PM
    Even More = 4 Installments
    Even More Plus = 20 Installments
    10-25-09 08:42 PM
    Both options are interest free too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 08:48 PM
    20 installments? Meaning, 20 months? I hope I'm reading this correctly.

10-25-09 09:32 PM
    20 installments? Meaning, 20 months? I hope I'm reading this correctly.
    Yup you are reading it correctly. If for some reason, you need that new phone and don't have the spare change to buy it outright (and who does these days?), you can take 20 months to pay for it. Of course the plan you have for that phone will be increased about $15 to $30 or so bucks a month, when you add the phone payment each month. Now if you don't buy more than one phone every 2 years or so, you'll be fine.
    10-25-09 10:02 PM
    So what does that mean for those under contract? Do we have to migrate to the "non-contract" plans to get the payment plans? Do the payment plans apply to current contract holders? I'm under contract for the next year and I'm wondering what the penalties are, if any, and how these installments work.

10-25-09 11:23 PM
    I know it may sound simplistic but I'm seeing and hearing a few conflicting sets of facts and I'm just wondering if this will benefit a longtime TMo customer at all. The only benefit I can see is hopefully getting to pay for a new phone through my bill. When I was with VZW that was the ONLY thing I missed when I came to TMo.

10-25-09 11:28 PM
    Sweet! I might be setting my eye on that new Bold coming soon then. Or I just wait until something better comes out? I spoke to CS and she told me you need to switch to one of the Even More Plus plans to take advantage of the 20 installment plan but the phone would be at retail price with NO CONTRACT extension. You still need to fulfil your current contract though. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

10-25-09 11:33 PM
    Sweet! I might be setting my eye on that new Bold coming soon then. Or I just wait until something better comes out? I spoke to CS and she told me you need to switch to one of the Even More Plus plans to take advantage of the 20 installment plan but the phone would be at retail price with NO CONTRACT extension. You still need to fulfil your current contract though. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That is the part where it can get confusing. Depending on how much time you have left on your contract you may be able to migrate to the EM+ plan without having to pay the ETF. But if you aren't far enough along in it you will be required to in order to make the change. I have almost a year and a half left on mine and they said I was eligible to change my plan without it so I'm not sure what the cut off is.

I was told that I would finish out my contract, meaning if I choose to cancel in the next year & a half I will still be required to pay the ETF... but at the beginning of my next billing cycle my rate switches over to the EM+ one I chose and I can take advantage of the equipment installment payment plan to purchase phones at full retail and not extend my contract any longer.

10-26-09 01:41 AM
    Yup you are reading it correctly. If for some reason, you need that new phone and don't have the spare change to buy it outright (and who does these days?), you can take 20 months to pay for it. Of course the plan you have for that phone will be increased about $15 to $30 or so bucks a month, when you add the phone payment each month. Now if you don't buy more than one phone every 2 years or so, you'll be fine.
    Keep in mind that this is only on the Even More Plus (no contract, full price handset) plan.
    10-26-09 05:48 AM
    Here's how this works.

If you get the Even More plan, it's like you just walk into TMO off the street, buy a phone for the subsidized price, and you have the option to split the price over four payments or just pay for the thing and go on your way. You will have to sign another two-year contract.

If you get the Even More PLUS plan, you are NOT signing a contract, and you have the options to either split payments among 20 months, or pay full price, out of pocket, for a 300-500 dollar phone. Your plans are also 10-20 bucks cheaper.

I don't know where people are getting the idea they have to pay ETF's, if they already have a plan w/TMO, because I didn't have to pay one, I just paid a $35 migration fee. Maybe it's because I go to the same store every time I need help (rarely) or to change something that I don't want to change on the internet - THEY KNOW BETTER XD
    10-26-09 09:30 AM
    Here's how this works.

If you get the Even More plan, it's like you just walk into TMO off the street, buy a phone for the subsidized price, and you have the option to split the price over four payments or just pay for the thing and go on your way. You will have to sign another two-year contract.

If you get the Even More PLUS plan, you are NOT signing a contract, and you have the options to either split payments among 20 months, or pay full price, out of pocket, for a 300-500 dollar phone. Your plans are also 10-20 bucks cheaper.

I don't know where people are getting the idea they have to pay ETF's, if they already have a plan w/TMO, because I didn't have to pay one, I just paid a $35 migration fee. Maybe it's because I go to the same store every time I need help (rarely) or to change something that I don't want to change on the internet - THEY KNOW BETTER XD
    That is what the rep I spoke to said and several others were told this by reps also. They were running a promo yesterday that allowed anyone to change without paying an ETF. I don't know how long that is going on for though.

I was told that after the promo is over, if you are already in contract you might have to pay an ETF to switch to one of the Even More Plus plans. That all depends on how much time you have left on your contract.

10-26-09 11:53 AM
    This applies to TMO only?
    10-26-09 12:32 PM
    This applies to TMO only?
    These plans and financing options are T-Mobile only.
    10-26-09 02:42 PM
    I spoke to CS last night because I was curious to see if any of these new plans would benefit me and I was never told about any promo they were having regarding ETFs. Perhaps that rep didn't know or maybe they wanted to keep me in my current plan. I just don't get why you even have to pay ETFs if you're not canceling your service.
    10-26-09 03:43 PM
    Just talked to a good TMo rep. No ETF's for migraters. 35 dollar fee because they are treating it as an activation. ETF if you are under contract and after migrating you terminate before the end of the current contract. 20 installment deals for Even More Plus people. I'm going to migrate to the even more plus for 1500 minutes for 79.99 plus add data for 25 for the one line that I have my BB for. 9700 comes out the 12th or 13th and when you go in the retail stores the first installment is due that day...plus tax of course.

Once your current contract time is up you won't be required to re-up. You will be mont to month.

10-26-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD