Can someone let me know how their blackberry pearl or curve has been working on the sprint service. I'm torn between the pearl or curve and it seems like the blackberry's uses sprint towers for phone service and blackberry server for all other services...is this true? I'm presently with sprint and was thinking of going to at&t(contract up in June)...any pros and cons on this....thanks....p.s I'm in northeast PA.
    02-11-08 02:01 PM
    There is no Curve available on a CDMA network yet. It may be available on Verizon or Sprint by June though.
    02-11-08 02:13 PM
    Every carriers phones use that carrier's towers for signal, data, ect. The Blackberry Server is used when receiving "push" e-mail as opposed to "pull" e-mail from other devices such as Palm or Windows Mobile. The Curve will be out for Sprint by then, and will have high speed web, so you won't need wi-fi, unlocked GPS, a 2mp camera, and with the $30 BB plan you can save some money versus other carriers. My advice is shop around the other carriers then call in to cancel your service with Sprint, they'll most likely give you a ton of incentives to stay. Good luck with your Curve when you get it, it's worth the wait!
    02-11-08 09:07 PM
    Can someone let me know how their blackberry pearl or curve has been working on the sprint service. I'm torn between the pearl or curve and it seems like the blackberry's uses sprint towers for phone service and blackberry server for all other services...is this true? I'm presently with sprint and was thinking of going to at&t(contract up in June)...any pros and cons on this....thanks....p.s I'm in northeast PA.
    I have the Pearl and I really like it. It does use Sprint's Network for Voice and it goes thru RIM's servers for Data. Great, solid phone. I like this more than any other phone I had. No problems with it at all other than the memory leaks which, hopefully, will be fixed with the next major update.
    02-13-08 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD