12-30-09 08:46 PM
28 12
tools
    Too bad it's not available for BBs on AT&T
    01-15-08 10:53 AM
    I think it sucks that for the most part, if you have a Curve on TMO you are left out of all these new streaming audio and video products.
    01-15-08 11:05 AM
    I sympathize with you and I know how it feels to be left out of new products because of the carrier. It really burns me that AT&T offers this product only not for BBs.
    01-15-08 12:36 PM
    They now have videostreams for blackberrys and we cant use it because the curve has no audio and video streaming,i sure do envy people with the new pearl,still waiting on a date for the new OS update so we can take advantage of these products.
    01-15-08 12:51 PM
    i downloaded the xplayer beta from shapeservices.com. So far so good. it streams internet radio very well.

i wrote up a review on my blog at:

http://tylerkeen.blogspot.com/2008/07/xplayer-beta-for-your-blackberry.html

if you are interested. I still need to do some testing and see what it is really capable of. It's no Pandora, but it's a start.
    07-21-08 10:20 PM
    Does it work on VZW?
    07-21-08 10:22 PM
    i downloaded the xplayer beta from shapeservices.com. So far so good. it streams internet radio very well.

i wrote up a review on my blog at:

tableTop: XPlayer Beta for your Blackberry

if you are interested. I still need to do some testing and see what it is really capable of. It's no Pandora, but it's a start.
    xPlayer works pretty good. It has one bug that is really annoying, though. Whenever you are listening with the earphones, and you switch songs or internet radio stations, the sound reverts to the BB speaker, requiring you to unplug and replug the earphones. They need to fix that. Otherwise, it's a pretty solid app.
    Last edited by TampaDude; 07-28-08 at 06:51 PM.
    07-28-08 06:48 PM
    Does anyone know if they are planning Pandora for BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 10:18 AM
    I hope so. I dig Pandora
    01-08-09 11:08 AM
    I've just read in another post that Slacker Radio is just like Pandora. If it is, I plan on purchasing it.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 01-08-09 at 11:20 AM.
    01-08-09 11:10 AM
    ...that Slacker Radio is just like Pandora. If it is, I plan on purchasing it.
    Its a lot like Pandora, but the free option only allows 5 skips AND there are commercials. You have to pay $3.99 monthly (billed annually in one lump sum) for skipless commercial free music. The UI is very hot though!
    01-08-09 02:50 PM
    Pandora shows a link to AT&T on the Pandora site. Asks for mobile number. Looks like you could just sign up from a PC. Anyone on AT&T able to confirm this? Wish that this AT&T buyout of Centennial Wireless would just be done and over so I could reap some of these benefits!
    01-10-09 12:43 AM
    Pandora shows a link to AT&T on the Pandora site. Asks for mobile number. Looks like you could just sign up from a PC. Anyone on AT&T able to confirm this? Wish that this AT&T buyout of Centennial Wireless would just be done and over so I could reap some of these benefits!
    tried that...

Thank You

Instructions for downloading Pandora to your mobile phone have been successfully sent to:

630300****

No dice...
    01-28-09 06:46 PM
    the Pandora site has a section on ATT phones- but there are no BB's on it. And IMHO, Slacker puts Pandora to shame at the moment. Pandora's playlist seems to be real small- way to many repeats. I've used both on the PC here at work. And yes, Slacker does have commercials on the free version- so far I average ONE 15-30 sec commercial every 10 songs. Usually a Slacker or Esurance commercial. Slackers ability to cache custom stations with 100 songs each that are refreshed when you plug in the phone is another nail in the Pandora coffin.
    And if you don't like that you can only skip 6 songs in an hour (free version) than maybe you need to customize your stations a bit finer. I rarely skip more than 2, AND I can ban an artist or song and not have to worry about skipping that one again.
    01-29-09 08:34 AM
    Honestly, Slacker pretty much beats Pandora in every way, at least on BlackBerry. Music selection seems to be a LOT larger, and... well, I can GET IT on my Bold! :P
    01-29-09 10:21 PM
    I'm on t-mobile, and i love Pandora radio, being the reason I'm adding to this thread...

All we can really do as BB users is individually e-mail Pandora Support with positive questions/requests on getting Pandora tweaked to our personal carriers. I personally don't know, the physical work might be left up to our carriers, then in which it will take for ever.

I've e-mailed them twice with a little "i really like your service","would love to get it on my BB" kinda hint.

It couldn't hurt and it will let then know how many of us are interested.
    02-05-09 09:57 AM
    I had it on my iPod Touch for a little while, but it's useless without WiFi connection for that device.
    02-07-09 11:06 PM
    Slacker huh? Sounds good. I will have to look into that. Pandora repeats WAY to often.
    02-09-09 05:39 PM
    Throwing in another vote for slacker. I was a pandora user for a while, but when I tried slacker on the BB, then configured it even more on the computer, it just blows pandora out of the water. Pandora seems to pick a little bit better music, but Slacker has a much larger selection, and lets you ban and add specific artists and songs in a separate interface.
    02-20-09 03:47 PM
    Honestly, Slacker pretty much beats Pandora in every way, at least on BlackBerry. Music selection seems to be a LOT larger, and... well, I can GET IT on my Bold! :P
    hei there is a cool internet radio called munduradio it's free n full of features.I tried on bold n it's work gr8.
    03-07-09 12:45 PM
    FYI received this notice today when I sent my email to Pandora

We're currently working on bringing Pandora to the Blackberry but do not yet know which models will be certified first. I believe there will be 3 models supported in the release scheduled for announcement in the next few weeks. Stay tuned to our blog page for details of which models supported will be supported and information for the official release date.
    I do use slacker, but options and competition is always best

I was asking about the Storm availability, but any support would be good at this point.
    03-08-09 04:25 PM
    Have you guys checked out this thread?? it claims pandora works on the blackberrys now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...57#post2120257
    03-29-09 11:09 PM
    pandora works very well on my bold i havent tried slacker yet, anyone want to convert me?
    03-30-09 02:16 PM
    I have pandora on my bb 8310. Works great and love it !
    04-03-09 06:49 PM
    According the the Pandora website, there are a number of BB models that now have access. Check out the link below for models and to download software.
    pandora.com/blackberry. I can not post links yet so just put the www in front of the link.
    12-26-09 11:10 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD