I just got prompted for 10.3.3.1463 for my AT&T Passport! Didn't see this coming.
    I really wish I knew how to get the morons to OTA it for the Q10! I'm still stuck on 10.3.2.556 with the "check for updates" still saying that I have the latest version! I'm trying not to mess with the autoloader method because as is anytime I call AT&T with a tech support issue they want to blame it on just the fact that I have a BlackBerry at all, so if I don't get it from them it gives them yet another instant reason for it not being their fault, even when my kid's Samsung Galaxy couldn't connect. The ***** actually had some theory of my BlackBerry somehow causing her phone to have problems!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-21-17 09:18 AM
    I really wish I knew how to get the morons to OTA it for the Q10! I'm still stuck on 10.3.2.556 with the "check for updates" still saying that I have the latest version! I'm trying not to mess with the autoloader method because as is anytime I call AT&T with a tech support issue they want to blame it on just the fact that I have a BlackBerry at all, so if I don't get it from them it gives them yet another instant reason for it not being their fault, even when my kid's Samsung Galaxy couldn't connect. The ***** actually had some theory of my BlackBerry somehow causing her phone to have problems!

You're not missing much IMO. All my headaches on my Passport started with that update from AT&T. Been a nightmare since. Same reason I no longer load OS myself, AT&T gives me no help when I have service issues. It's a painful price to pay for being on AT&T, an AT&T specific device, a Blackberry and a corporate account at that.
    11-21-17 11:44 AM
    I feel your pain! When I 1st bought my Q10 I decided to save nearly $90 by buying it on a sale at Best Buy vs from BlackBerry. Had I known back then how frustrating AT&T was going to be I likely would have concluded that the lower cost wasn't worth the lack of prompt updates! The store told me that I was buying an unlocked phone but instead it was only unlocked if I went to a different carrier! So glad for the so-called "truth in advertising" I was given.

12-18-17 06:29 AM
    I feel your pain! When I 1st bought my Q10 I decided to save nearly $90 by buying it on a sale at Best Buy vs from BlackBerry. Had I known back then how frustrating AT&T was going to be I likely would have concluded that the lower cost wasn't worth the lack of prompt updates! The store told me that I was buying an unlocked phone but instead it was only unlocked if I went to a different carrier! So glad for the so-called "truth in advertising" I was given.

Hey, Scuba... I stopped at 10.3.2 with AT&T on all my BB10 devices. Even my factory unlocked, I've never done 10.3.3 because of no significant improvement at time. I'd moved on to PRIV already but still would swap around. I didn't want to fix something not broken.

If you really want 10.3.3 use autoloader but time is better spent researching next steps for your next device since OS degradation will only accelerate for BB10.
    12-18-17 07:14 AM
    What degradation in the near term? I'm not looking for any new apps, I really enjoy the easy flow between different running apps even more! I wasn't sure if the weather app that's supposed to be killed off is the one that goes to accuweather, but it is often wrong anyway so no great loss there.

Even after BlackBerry World ends I would be OK unless I need to log in to it if I need to reinstall an app. Has there been any definitive word on whether that's going to be an issue?

Otherwise I plan to get an unlocked new Classic in the next week to replace my aging Q10. As long as I have the few apps that I use available I'm golden, and even if none work I'm still planning to keep using it for as long as possible. The biggest reason I have a BlackBerry is the calendar is better than the old Day-Runner I had to lug around. The other core features take care of the rest of my needs. I can read e-books, listen to music or even live FM radio. Call quality is better than anything else I see, including the Galaxy my kid uses.

For now, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rules! ;-)

12-19-17 07:25 AM
    What degradation in the near term? I'm not looking for any new apps, I really enjoy the easy flow between different running apps even more! I wasn't sure if the weather app that's supposed to be killed off is the one that goes to accuweather, but it is often wrong anyway so no great loss there.

Even after BlackBerry World ends I would be OK unless I need to log in to it if I need to reinstall an app. Has there been any definitive word on whether that's going to be an issue?

Otherwise I plan to get an unlocked new Classic in the next week to replace my aging Q10. As long as I have the few apps that I use available I'm golden, and even if none work I'm still planning to keep using it for as long as possible. The biggest reason I have a BlackBerry is the calendar is better than the old Day-Runner I had to lug around. The other core features take care of the rest of my needs. I can read e-books, listen to music or even live FM radio. Call quality is better than anything else I see, including the Galaxy my kid uses.

For now, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rules! ;-)

Scuba, as usual, you're missing the main point of my comment, don't worry about 10.3.3 and focusing on the less important part of my comment, degradation.

Just because WE resist doesn't mean that WE get our way. I help take care of Mom (80 y/o) and she doesn't own ANY mobile device nor does she use ANY computer. All her providers, do very little to nothing to accommodate her except for where required by law.

I'm being forced to use some health technology now for her because she won't use it. At 47 y/o, I prefer some things in my life the old way but it appears that choice will be removed sooner than later whether I like it or not.

I didn't mean to rile you up. Just sharing what I'm running into with similar issues. Funny, I've always felt that I'm ahead of curve with technology with people ahead of me, but most behind me. Lately, I notice the crowd behind me is larger than I thought and getting closer, overtaking me.
    12-19-17 07:46 AM
    Sorry you're in the position of both caretaker plus the other part! I'm not so much focused on what I lack by AT&T not coughing up the update, I just wanted to see if it MIGHT cure one of the issues that's been making me frustrated with core features (mostly texting) not always working right. At this point I've nothing to lose if it doesn't work since I'm getting the Classic soon.

Mostly I'm also just ticked off with AT&T in general! Besides the consistent poor update speed, we've had recurring issues for a decade they never fix. Instead they blame the device, especially if it's a BlackBerry! When I point out that between the family members we've had over 29 different devices with SIX different OS, yet the same issues happen, meaning the issue is with their system. They refuse to accept that by saying that "cellular service isn't 100% reliable". We'd switch if it wasn't for the fact that the area we live has almost zero coverage from any other carriers...

But I wasn't taking your comments as a personal attack, since it really didn't bother me since I figured that you didn't know why I was trying to get the update. Hope things get easier for you & your Mom. TTYL

12-19-17 08:03 AM
    Sorry you're in the position of both caretaker plus the other part! I'm not so much focused on what I lack by AT&T not coughing up the update, I just wanted to see if it MIGHT cure one of the issues that's been making me frustrated with core features (mostly texting) not always working right. At this point I've nothing to lose if it doesn't work since I'm getting the Classic soon.

Mostly I'm also just ticked off with AT&T in general! Besides the consistent poor update speed, we've had recurring issues for a decade they never fix. Instead they blame the device, especially if it's a BlackBerry! When I point out that between the family members we've had over 29 different devices with SIX different OS, yet the same issues happen, meaning the issue is with their system. They refuse to accept that by saying that "cellular service isn't 100% reliable". We'd switch if it wasn't for the fact that the area we live has almost zero coverage from any other carriers...

But I wasn't taking your comments as a personal attack, since it really didn't bother me since I figured that you didn't know why I was trying to get the update. Hope things get easier for you & your Mom. TTYL

Thanks Scuba. I use AT&T too. Unfortunately, I've tried Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint too and customer service is no different. I've got choices and still change wouldn't really change anything.

Do you have AT&T femto towers inside connected to your wired Internet?
    12-19-17 08:11 AM
    I do. Without the microcell to let my broadband provide me with 4 to 5 bar signal strength in my own home! I live in a known dead zone in their coverage (AT&T 's) since there's a large tree-covered hill between my house & the local towers. AT&T is aware that in half of the subdivision if you lack a working microcell & a strong Internet connection you aren't going to get much use from a cell phone of any brand.

The irony is that we have to depend on a cable modem from Charter aka Spectrum since for some odd reason AT&T never bothered to wire our 150 or so houses with so much as a "pots" line! Go half a block in any direction from the subdivision & you're fine. Land line, and especially their U-Verse Television service. Kind of odd as the streets were laid down in the mid to late 1970's so there's no real reason for the lack of options. But if you just move half of a block in any direction and everything is fine.

I get rather frustrated with the situation. Besides having so weak of a signal to be less than one bar, we can't get any video without the cable or satellite bill to go with it.

The uncompressed video signal I got from the cheap indoor antenna is of far better resolution than the barely 1080P the DirecTV or Dish people provide. In our old neighborhood we not only had sharp, clear video from all of the networks, we also have over a dozen sub-channels such as ME-TV & others.

12-27-17 08:41 AM
    I do. Without the microcell to let my broadband provide me with 4 to 5 bar signal strength in my own home! I live in a known dead zone in their coverage (AT&T 's) since there's a large tree-covered hill between my house & the local towers. AT&T is aware that in half of the subdivision if you lack a working microcell & a strong Internet connection you aren't going to get much use from a cell phone of any brand.

The irony is that we have to depend on a cable modem from Charter aka Spectrum since for some odd reason AT&T never bothered to wire our 150 or so houses with so much as a "pots" line! Go half a block in any direction from the subdivision & you're fine. Land line, and especially their U-Verse Television service. Kind of odd as the streets were laid down in the mid to late 1970's so there's no real reason for the lack of options. But if you just move half of a block in any direction and everything is fine.

I get rather frustrated with the situation. Besides having so weak of a signal to be less than one bar, we can't get any video without the cable or satellite bill to go with it.

The uncompressed video signal I got from the cheap indoor antenna is of far better resolution than the barely 1080P the DirecTV or Dish people provide. In our old neighborhood we not only had sharp, clear video from all of the networks, we also have over a dozen sub-channels such as ME-TV & others.

You're living my almost identical situation here on the west coast of Florida. We too, now deal with Spectrum, unless you want to switch to Frontier. The rest of the state has AT&T except my area which had GTE/Verizon for 50 years until it was purchased last year by Frontier.

I love the subchannels like METV and can get them on Digital TV but we need cable for high speed Internet anyway due to wife's job.
    12-27-17 09:46 AM
35 12