Hello. I am in wireless sales and from the higher ups in at&t, the official release of 4.5 is not very near to the public. Beta versions are crashing rep's phones and we will not see it until later this summer.
    06-27-08 12:29 PM
    dayumn...!!
    06-27-08 12:33 PM
    Hello. I am in wireless sales and from the higher ups in at&t, the official release of 4.5 is not very near to the public. Beta versions are crashing rep's phones and we will not see it until later this summer.
    When did this news surface because I have heard something totally different at the beginning of this week, and since yesterday I actually handled the device and tested it myself
    06-27-08 12:37 PM
    By the looks of your profile handle, I do not think I believe you... especially since other people (such as CutDaCheck) are reporting otherwise and they are more reputable on CB!

I am not saying I doubt you because you are a n00b, but site a source or something
    06-27-08 12:39 PM
    can you trust anyone with a screenname of imjusjoshinyou? just askin....
    06-27-08 12:41 PM
    exactly what I said ^^^ haha
    06-27-08 12:44 PM
    I may be new here but I wasn't born yesterday. My friend is an att acct. Mgr and the beta has crashed 3 bbs of local reps.
    06-27-08 12:49 PM
    I agree. Very suspect. To the OP - nothing personal, provide some documentation.
    06-27-08 12:51 PM
    well i love reading all this but until i see an OFFICIAL 4.5 from AT&T im just gonna keep waiting but yes I do believe cutda more than anyone
    06-27-08 12:54 PM
    I may be new here but I wasn't born yesterday. My friend is an att acct. Mgr and the beta has crashed 3 bbs of local reps.
    Well, buddy, I am not sure what Beta they are running... but they aren't running the same one that all of us are then!! Seems as if hundreds of ATT users have been satisfied with their experiences on the Beta.

If ATT is having that many problems, then they should hire one of us!!

And... they probably aren't even using the beta... they should have an official build!! Technically they should be optimizing an OS 4.5 official build for ATT....
    06-27-08 12:55 PM
    Hey all.. new to the forum and bb. Question for anyone using the beta now and BES. Does it work on any version of your companies BES server OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 12:02 PM
    The has been one constant with all BBOS releases and their timing. It varies dramatically from carrier to carrier and their threshold to support issues.
    06-29-08 12:16 PM
    Hey all.. new to the forum and bb. Question for anyone using the beta now and BES. Does it work on any version of your companies BES server OS?

I'm on the BES running Vodafone 4.5.0.37 and everything is working pretty good. I had no problem reconnecting to the BES. I just have issues with a couple of apps working but nothing important. I do have beta .46 d/l to my computer but there has been a few with issues so I have decided to wait a little before I install. My BB is not a company BB so I took the chance on .37 a few weeks ago. Since I live and die by my BB during the week, I just need to make sure I have a stable OS. If I had a lot of issues in the first place, I would have jumped back to 4.2.2.170 in a heart beat. I hope this helps!

Garz
    06-29-08 12:50 PM
    The official release is scheduled for sept. See? I'm not making it up.
    Last edited by Imjusjoshinyou; 06-29-08 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Miscommunication between brain and hand.
    06-29-08 07:17 PM
    I'm on the BES running Vodafone 4.5.0.37 and everything is working pretty good. I had no problem reconnecting to the BES. I just have issues with a couple of apps working but nothing important. I do have beta .46 d/l to my computer but there has been a few with issues so I have decided to wait a little before I install. My BB is not a company BB so I took the chance on .37 a few weeks ago. Since I live and die by my BB during the week, I just need to make sure I have a stable OS. If I had a lot of issues in the first place, I would have jumped back to 4.2.2.170 in a heart beat. I hope this helps!

Garz
    Thks... This helps. Are you using enterprise messenger sucessfully with 4.5.0.37? If so what version?

06-29-08 09:04 PM
    September isn't that far away. You made it sound like it was several months away.

06-30-08 10:14 PM
    Thks... This helps. Are you using enterprise messenger sucessfully with 4.5.0.37? If so what version?

I don't have any type of enterprise messenger. Is that like a BB messenger but for BES? Only messenger I use is BBM.
    06-30-08 10:33 PM
    I don't have any type of enterprise messenger. Is that like a BB messenger but for BES? Only messenger I use is BBM.
    Yes, it is...

06-30-08 11:04 PM
    I am looking for how I can change my signiture on my email. I have and 8310 on AT&T Wireless. Any help would be much appreciated.

-Raymond
    07-01-08 10:13 PM
    I said late summer. Sept is late summer early fall. And I was just trying to help but apparently that's not what anyone wants, so been fun. I'm done.
    07-02-08 12:06 AM
    I am looking for how I can change my signiture on my email. I have and 8310 on AT&T Wireless. Any help would be much appreciated.

-Raymond

CLICK HERE and login. Sign up if you have not already.

Go to the email account you want to change the signature to by clicking "Email Accounts" and then select "Edit" next to that account.
    07-02-08 12:53 AM
    I said late summer. Sept is late summer early fall. And I was just trying to help but apparently that's not what anyone wants, so been fun. I'm done.
    People do want help, but you came in with just a few words and no support, which goes against what most have been saying for weeks now. Just because what your people are using crashed their bb's doesn't mean that's the norm, it's already been proven otherwise, and just because you work or are affiliated with ATT doesn't mean that you're smarter than others. ****, 16 yo kids hack into gov't servers regularly so what does that tell you?
    07-02-08 12:09 PM
    We'll just have to wait and see. I don't believe anyone on here.

07-02-08 12:21 PM
    I must have read that announcement about 4.5 being "released in September" a bit differently. I read it as: AS OF SEPTEMBER, 4.5 will be available to all carriers. This means to me that it could be released to Sprint one day, AT&T another, etc... but BY September it should be available to everyone.
    07-02-08 01:16 PM
    I'm also trying to get the Enterprise Messenger to work with the 4.5 device software. The only Enterprise Messenger software I have found was on the Blackberry website.

When I unzip this it has a ""For 4.0" directory and a "For 4.2" directory. I tried copying the axl file and COD file for the 4.2 directory into a directory and installing but it tells me there's no new software available for my device.

I would like to get this installed and tested on my device.
    07-23-08 02:37 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD