cool, ok well i did manage to set up my account via the handset in the end and is all working fine. i also have it set up so that my crackberry e-mail is forwarded to it also.

just i still can't log in online via a pc for some reason, not sure what the username is now and is definitely doesn't accept my e-mail as the log-in.
    02-11-10 03:31 AM
    I had a contract with orange on Dolphin 35 i think, this included my BIS account too. Had no problems at all. I got it originally with an 8320, I now have a 9700, and ever since i can't get a 3G connection. Everything else works fine.

Originally Orange said it was because of maintenance in my area (this was early January, Northampton area). Since then they have said the mast is still not working properly and they are working to have it back up. It's now over a month later and still i can't get 3G connected properly. Each time i call they take me through the self explanitory menus to try and get 3G on, but nothing works. Then they say again "oh the mast is still down".
    I recently went down to london. Same problem there.

If i search for networks on the handset, orange 2G H and 3G H show up. when i connect to 3g, i get the 3G symbol with the 4 dots, but then it changes to SOS after a few seconds. then reverts back to GPRS.
    02-18-10 08:00 AM
    Called Orange again yesterday evening. Got a different person. This one seemed to actually care what was wrong. Turns out my SIM card wasn't compatible with 3G (who knew). i have a class 21 or something, and needed a class 32 SIM card for 3G to work. Hope that can help somebody with a similar problem. They are sending me a new one and ill post again when it works.
    02-19-10 05:41 AM
    The SIM number looks like this xxxxxxxNNxxxxxxxxxx where NN is the profile number, I think anything higher than mid 20s is a 3G SIM, everything lower is 2G
    02-19-10 11:19 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD