Dear Crackberry,

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, and have searched but havn't found an exact answer!

Basically I got my 8900 on Orange last month, and so far have been charged about 4 or 9 pence for data, Im not sure how or why as I don't think ive gone over my allowance.

The main question I wanted to ask is, would 500Mb generally be enough data? I don't stream videos (as I have heard this is very heavy on data) and sometimes am worried about downloading apps and themes and what not, due to this limit on what I was told was an "unlimited" data plan?

Is anyone else experiencing any problems with orange UK and data issues?

Mike
    11-25-09 09:30 AM
    The average user could easily get by on 500MBs a month. As a heavy user and I DO stream music and video on occassion, I use between 500MBs and 1GB, although I have gone over 1GB a few times. However if you did not stream at all you could easily stay under 500MBs.

I'm going to move this thread to Other Carriers.
    11-25-09 09:43 AM
    I don't stream and am a reasonably heavy user. I don't get anywhere near the 500Mb so called cap. Check with Orange as to why you have been charged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 11:48 AM
    Dear Crackberry,

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, and have searched but havn't found an exact answer!

Basically I got my 8900 on Orange last month, and so far have been charged about 4 or 9 pence for data, Im not sure how or why as I don't think ive gone over my allowance.

The main question I wanted to ask is, would 500Mb generally be enough data? I don't stream videos (as I have heard this is very heavy on data) and sometimes am worried about downloading apps and themes and what not, due to this limit on what I was told was an "unlimited" data plan?

Is anyone else experiencing any problems with orange UK and data issues?

Mike
    Do you have the BIS addon enabled? As you shouldn't be recieving any charges if that is on there, all data useage is included.
    11-25-09 05:19 PM
    Do you have the BIS addon enabled? As you shouldn't be recieving any charges if that is on there, all data useage is included.
    Pretty sure I do, because ive been using the phone alot, and only been charged like a few pence. I would ring them up and find out, but just isn't work the hassle over a few pence! Just thought it was a bit odd!

I wouldn't ever really stream videos, but the one thing I am a little annoyied about is the fact the 8900 has no FM radio. Obviously if I use iheartradio, this will use a lot of data, and may take me over the 500Mb? So I am reluctant to!

Thanks for the quick replies!

Mike
    11-25-09 07:24 PM
    I had this problem with orange before, for some bizarre reason if you have your browser set as "wap browser" and use wifi they will charge you for data. Make sure your browser is set as "internet browser"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 04:10 AM
    i call orange, they said if u want more u can go with mobile broadband, 500MB is the max
    12-11-09 07:47 PM
    500mb is only a FUP it's not a limit, you can go over a few times, any more than a few and they can take futher action.
    12-12-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD