Hi,

I have a question about the Orange UK Blackberry roaming bundle that I was hoping someone on here might be able to answer. I'm aware that it's 18/month with a 'fair use clause' of 7MB. What happens if you exceed this amount (obviously using the Orange Blackberry APN)? Do you get billed? Do Orange ignore it? If you do get billed, is it possible to add one of the travel data bundles where you can purchase additional data - e.g. 10Mb for 29.79??

Does anyone have an experience of this? My reason for asking is that I travel/roam for several months at a time and do plenty of browsing as well as e-mails. I'm currently using an unlocked iPhone on Three UK but looking to make the switch as Orange seem much more competitive on international call charges.

Any advice appreciated.

/Chris
    05-12-09 02:58 PM
    Fair usage normaly means just that, they won't charge you if you go over the odd ocasion but if you keep going over they will remove the package.

From experience the package will be ample for e-mails and bb messaging but you really won't be able to use it for surfing. If you need data that much when your abroad then add a travel bundle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 05:01 PM
    You need to be careful with this bundle. I will have to check but I dont believe it is a fair usage policy of 7mb, I believe it is a set limit meaning if you exceed the 7mb you will definitley get charged. It's different for roaming bundles as the foreign operator will 100% charge Orange for all data you use. Roaming bundles don't generally come with a fair usage policy, so I'm thinking this will be the same.

I'll check once I'm at work today and post back.
    05-13-09 03:09 AM
    I would go to o2 for roaming... 23.50/month for Worldwide roaming (you also have to have the BB Unlimited UK plan on your account - either 10/m or one of your free bolt-ons) so taking it as paying for everything... 33.50 a month (seems a lot) for Unlimited Worldwide BB Roaming (think its 200mb)... I'd take that... I'm moving to dubai and this is significantly cheaper than the options out there

Nirave
    06-08-09 04:07 PM
    I have previously spoken to Orange and was informed that they hardly ever if ever charge for excessive use. It is the same with unlimited texts and landlines, both of these are technically not unlimited but are governed by a fair usage policy also. As with the excessive data use there has hardly ever been a case of a charge being enforced according to the 2nd tier CS agent I spoke to.
    06-08-09 06:07 PM
    I have previously spoken to Orange and was informed that they hardly ever if ever charge for excessive use. It is the same with unlimited texts and landlines, both of these are technically not unlimited but are governed by a fair usage policy also. As with the excessive data use there has hardly ever been a case of a charge being enforced according to the 2nd tier CS agent I spoke to.
    I disagree with that from personal experience... Used to have a pearl on orange when their fair use was like 8mb or so and one month had a LOT of emails come in, did a lot of browsing etc as my home internet was down... Used about 11mb (not much over fair use) and ended up being charged 20 extra!

I'd be wary with orange... I'm MUCH happier with o2 as they give you 200mb ROAMING for 23.50/month.

Nirave
    06-10-09 02:05 PM
    To OP, orange are expensive for roaming as well... I'd consider o2 as well for roaming costs for calls...

You can't add a normal data bundle on your blackberry plan - well you can, but any data you use outside of your roaming blackberry tariff will be charged. It will not come out of your internet bundle!

Nirave
    06-10-09 02:07 PM
    If you exceed the usage by max ten percent (0.8 mb) you'll be fine. However if you go over that then you'll be charged.

Is it actually possible to get the roaming package on the Orange pay as you go offer?
    12-08-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD