Hi Guys

My Blackberry Bold decided to give up on me yesterday, my current BIS plan is with orange, I was thinking about getting an unlocked Storm 2. Would my sim work ok with this, I know I would have to edit the pin on the orange bis site so it recognizes the new phone. What else would I have to do?

Another cosmetic issue - there will be a vodafone branding on the bottom of the storm, I believe you can get a blank cover part for this area of the phone, does it just unclip?

Thanks
    11-02-09 06:24 AM
    Anybody
    11-02-09 01:04 PM
    anybody?????????????
    01-16-10 04:00 AM
    Hi there mate,
    I�ve been using my storm 2 on orange for nearly 4 months now. I can honestly say that there is only one slight issue with mine which is the orange email settings wont store and every now and again it gets on my nerves and I have to re-send from my orange blackberry account.
    The last time I enquired about a replacement bottom section of the housing it wasn't available yet. could be now but not checked yet, as leave mine in the case at all times, on my 2nd screen you see lessons learnt the hard way I�m afraid.
    You will also see the Vodafone carrier branding each time you switch on or it dies, also delete the my web icon from device and re-configure your browser settings or you'll be forwarded to Vodafone web browser by default.
    Hope this answers your questions? Great phone by the way, and with the orange 3g coverage you�ll be just fine.
    One last thing, regarding phone calls dropping on storm 2, I find this only happens when searching for both 2&3g at the same time, I set mine to either or depending on where I am e.g. home or outside, 2g for home (very poor signal indoors) 3g for everywhere else tho, never dropped a call since.
    02-21-10 10:14 AM
    Hi Guys

My Blackberry Bold decided to give up on me yesterday, my current BIS plan is with orange, I was thinking about getting an unlocked Storm 2. Would my sim work ok with this, I know I would have to edit the pin on the orange bis site so it recognizes the new phone. What else would I have to do?

Another cosmetic issue - there will be a vodafone branding on the bottom of the storm, I believe you can get a blank cover part for this area of the phone, does it just unclip?

Thanks
    Just pop in your sim card and make sure you have the appropriate plan for it. The bezel has to be removed by taking the device apart, it doesn't just snap off. There are plenty of how to videos on youtube that will walk you through the process.
    02-21-10 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD