Morning people,

I'm very confused and need a little bit of clarification.

I am with Orange and have the Blackberry Torch. I have the Orange Dolphin 35 Blackberry plan.

Now, my current understanding is that I have unlimited data usage through Blackberry Apps, and 500MB allowance through non-blackberry apps.

Am I right so far?

Are my e-mail accounts part of my unlimited allowance, or the 500MB cap?

I'm very confused as in the last 3 days I have used around 45MB yet have done very little internet browsing. I do get hundreds of work e-mails each day however...

Thanks in advance for your time and help.
    06-18-11 02:08 AM
    You should be safe, I have been on orange for a long time and have has Blackberry`s for at least 4-5 years.

Using Dolphin30 tarif I have never hit any data limit, even using is for work and personal browsing.

You have to keep in mind that most Blackberry data is compressed, compared to an Iphone or andriod phone that uses raw data over the network.
    06-18-11 03:29 AM
    I am on Dolphin 20 and assumed that my 500MB/month is for any data that goes via the Orange network (ie: EDGE/3G etc). At home I use my wifi so it's not an issue when out and about all apps will naturally use the phone network for data and thus that'll eat into your allowance.

What I don't like about Orange's account profile is there is no way to see how much of your quota you have used - So you don't know about it until you go over it and they either send you an SMS to warn you or the bill comes in!
    06-19-11 05:15 AM
    That is because to overflow the blackberry data plan would be really difficult. And they probably wouldnt warn you if you did.

As I was saying I have never been over in at least 5 years blackberry usage. and I often tether my laptop for work also at no extra costs.
    06-19-11 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD