Hello all,

I am off to France for the weekend and ideally want to take my blackberry (bold) and use it for email. I rang Orange and the operator was not 100% clear but did eventually discover that data is charged as normal when using a BB abroad and said that as my BB would be constantly connected it could prove expensive.

Looking into it the cost for both 3G and GPRS in France is �3 per MB so I am thinking that if I set all of my accounts to download headers only then in theory it should not cost much at all and maybe won't even go past �3.

This is in theory of course so if anybody on here has used their orange BB in France some real world feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Neil
    11-13-08 04:59 AM
    For the occasional weekend just accept the roaming charges. The high cost items will be voice calls so keep it short. You are unlikely to get close to 1MByte data in a weekend unless it rains and you have nothing to do except browse websites.
    11-19-08 06:52 PM
    I've recently got back from a weekend in France and left the Blackberry functions running - I can't remember the exact cost but the data charges were definitely under �1 (no web browsing, received and sent quite a few e-mails).
    11-30-08 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD