I have been trying to figure this out to no avail. I have done all the searching and made all the changes I can think of.

When I try and get the opera mini to install I get the not connection error. I have tried setting my APN to several different settings I have found searching the web.

wap.voicestream.com
    internet2.voicestream.com
    blackberry.net

None of these seem to work....

I have also tried uninstalling, changing the APN, then pulling the battery and then reinstalling, no luck there either.

I currently have the Blackberry unlimited data plan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    02-25-08 06:37 PM
    The correct APN settings for TMO are wap.voicestream.com, username and password both blank. If you are still not able to connect, log into the TMO BIS site and resend your server books.
    02-25-08 07:06 PM
    Oh yes, I forgot to resend the books. Ill give it a try!
    02-25-08 11:54 PM
    Well that didn't do the trick.

I dont know if I should be able to use the tzones link in the menu but I cant use it either. I get an error of "Unable to open a PDP context to the following APN wap.voicestream.com"
    02-26-08 12:29 AM
    Call TMO and make sure they have your account set up for data.
    02-26-08 12:56 AM
    FYI you can also go to your my.tmobile website and resend your service books your self.
    02-26-08 01:14 AM
    Well I guess its pretty important that they have your data turned on

I called Tmo and sure enough, I wasnt setup for data... The tech support rep had it turned on and working in 30 seconds.

Opera is up and working! Thanks for the help guys!
    02-26-08 10:18 AM
    service books from mytmobile are for emails ONLY!!! register via host tables in advanced options
    02-26-08 07:53 PM
    i installed the opera mini aplication but how do i get it to start running it?? oe does it do it automatically
    02-28-08 11:02 PM
    I had no problems setting up Opera on my phone, but couldn't get it to work on my wife's phone. (Both are 8320s through TMobile) I took the suggestion of resending the service books, and that worked. Actually surprised it worked, as I thought the service books were only for email. Anywho, the phone is now good to go.
    10-04-08 03:01 PM
    service books from mytmobile are for emails ONLY!!! register via host tables in advanced options
    I had no problems setting up Opera on my phone, but couldn't get it to work on my wife's phone. (Both are 8320s through TMobile) I took the suggestion of resending the service books, and that worked. Actually surprised it worked, as I thought the service books were only for email. Anywho, the phone is now good to go.
    If you go into Options->Advanced Options->Service Book, you'll see there are service books for all sorts of applications, not just e-mail.
    10-04-08 03:05 PM
    Menu>options>advanced options>TCP> make sure wap.voicestream.com is listed as your apn there. That's what I usually have to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD