Does opera mini work on verizon 8330's? On opera's website it says that it is not supported. Any suggestions on something other than operamini if it wont work?
    06-08-08 02:47 PM
    Yes it works. It's an alternative to the Blackberry browser but it still sucks. Couple things it does better, many things it does not.

Blackberry's, even with Opera Mini, are only good for looking at sites with Mobile Web versions. I'm hoping that changes with the Thunder's big screen but it remains to be seen.
    06-08-08 06:32 PM
    I disagree. I think opera mini handles non-mobile pages just fine. That's one reason I use it almost exclusively for mobile and non-mobile pages.

I guess its not for everyone but I absolutely love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 06:40 PM
    Spend some quality time with in iPhone and you'll realize just how bad Blackberry's are at viewing non-mobile web sites, regardless of the browser being used.

It's mostly a function of screen real estate but if RIM can co-opt the iPhones finger zoom thing that would help. But neither browser can run Flash which is kind of a problem.

Anyway, like I always tell people, if you want to surf the web on your phone, get an iPhone. If you want easy, fast, bulletproof email and SMS, get a Curve (and save some money).
    06-08-08 06:46 PM
    Spend some quality time with in iPhone and you'll realize just how bad Blackberry's are at viewing non-mobile web sites, regardless of the browser being used.

It's mostly a function of screen real estate but if RIM can co-opt the iPhones finger zoom thing that would help. But neither browser can run Flash which is kind of a problem.

Anyway, like I always tell people, if you want to surf the web on your phone, get an iPhone. If you want easy, fast, bulletproof email and SMS, get a Curve (and save some money).
    Let's keep this topic Blackberry based. An iPhone is not a Blackberry. Opera Mini compared to the BB browser is better. Nuff said.
    06-08-08 06:55 PM
    To answer the original question more precisely: Yes, OperaMini works on Verizon's Curve, I know because I'm using it!
    06-08-08 07:03 PM
    I agree that the iphone is better for browsing. But even though it may not be the best out there, opera still does admirable job. I think the floating box that opera mini uses is about as good as it gets without a touch screen.

Bottom line is that for me, opera mini is a lot better than the stock bb browswer or the stock browser on the treo. It makes normal and mobile pages much more accessible.

I agree that flash would be a nice addition but would also probably slow things down a bit so I can live without it.

06-08-08 08:31 PM
    Opera Mini works on my vzw curve just fine
    06-08-08 08:33 PM
    Ok. Thanks for the input. I loaded it and am still getting used to it compared to the bb browser. Not sure what I like better, but I know that I am loving my curve just a couple of days into it. I think that I am a bb user for life. Don't know how I managed using my krzr for all of this before.

06-09-08 08:51 AM
    So Iv used both a bit but Im having trouble with something. On BBs browser I can go onto youtube and watch videos, I can also post comments on myspace and facebook with ease but on Opera Mini it have a way nicer view and easy to see the full pages and everything but I cant watch youtube videos or post comments on facebook or myspace with opera. Is there a way to make Opera do that or am I just gonna have to use the BB browser for that?
    06-09-08 04:16 PM
    You'll need to use the BB browser for Youtube--Opera Mini won't play those. The Facebook problem is a new one and Facebook is (apparently) working on fixing it.
    06-09-08 09:15 PM
    try the google search app. or yahoo go.
    06-09-08 09:22 PM
    Oh its just facebooks fault for y its not working. I can easy deal with watching youtube videos on the browser but prefer to use Opera for facebook.
    06-10-08 09:45 AM
    Oh its just facebooks fault for y its not working. I can easy deal with watching youtube videos on the browser but prefer to use Opera for facebook.
    ManneS on the Opera Mini forum reported Facebook is working on it--I don't know what the actual problem is.
    06-10-08 08:48 PM
    I thought Opera Mini did not work on Verizon's network.
    06-12-08 05:27 PM
    It does indeed.
    06-12-08 05:38 PM
    I thought Opera Mini did not work on Verizon's network.
    Opera Mini is not available for Verizon BREW phones (regular phones). It works fine on BlackBerry deivces and most Windows Mobile and Palm devices, as long as you can install a jvm.
    06-12-08 05:43 PM
    Ya but this is a Blackberry forum so BREW is irrelevant to us.
    06-13-08 03:55 AM
    Try them both. Its a personal preference.

06-13-08 04:52 AM
    Ya but this is a Blackberry forum so BREW is irrelevant to us.
    It might be relevant to the person asking the question, so I thougt it would be good to answer it.
    06-13-08 09:45 AM
    FOUND IT~
    Just dowloaded Opera Mini.....Says to scroll to bottom and Accept user agreement....not seeing this---there is nothing to click on. The bottom is their office hours.... Help!
    Last edited by amiej; 07-16-08 at 01:05 PM.
    07-16-08 12:55 PM
    Click the blackberry menu button and use trackball to hit accept. Thats it.
    07-16-08 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD