A good friend is wising up and joining the family. He wants me to recommend which device to get - problem is, I'm on Verizon (my 8830, wife's Pearl) and he's with AT&T (His wife has a Curve).

Here's what he wrote:
    Phone contract is officially up. I am free to upgrade, about $100 for most models.

Which one do I want?

Pearl
    Curve 8310
    8700c is an option but I have to buy a data package

I'm not familiar with the pro's and cons of the AT&T models, features, network, packages etc. so I thought I'd leave it up to those of you who do.

Please don't simply reply with what model you have unless you can justify why!

Blessings
    03-10-08 12:08 PM
    Go get the tmobile curve 8320 wifi phone.
    Get the unlimited talk hotspot feature.
    Reduce my home phone to about $19 bucks for a dial tone. Reduced my cell mins and saving $20 a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-08 12:27 PM
    it really depends on what he wants to use it for. the models for AT&T are not all the different than with Verizon.

i pay $39.99 for my BB package. unlimited data & internet, with 1500 messages.

i have the Pearl. & i love it. it's small, it's handy, it has a full QWERTY keyboard [yes, you use SureType. yes, you get used to it. no, it's not difficult], it does just about everything any other BB does. including the Curve. just smaller. but hey, you know this via your wife.

like i said, though, the models aren't that different.
    03-10-08 12:46 PM
    AT&T only offers the 8310 in the 8300 (curve) line. While you can't get wifi, you do get GPS and it works pretty well from the bit I've played around with mine so far.
    03-10-08 03:46 PM
    Pearl - it's like texting
    8310 - gps, if you need it
    8320 - wifi , if you need it

I choose the 8310 because I wanted a full keyboard and it was $100 cheaper than the 8320. I don't have any need for wifi or a gps.
    03-10-08 04:40 PM
    A good friend is wising up and joining the family. He wants me to recommend which device to get - problem is, I'm on Verizon (my 8830, wife's Pearl) and he's with AT&T (His wife has a Curve).

Here's what he wrote:
    Phone contract is officially up. I am free to upgrade, about $100 for most models.

Which one do I want?

Pearl
    Curve 8310
    8700c is an option but I have to buy a data package

I'm not familiar with the pro's and cons of the AT&T models, features, network, packages etc. so I thought I'd leave it up to those of you who do.

Please don't simply reply with what model you have unless you can justify why!

Blessings
    Go get the tmobile curve 8320 wifi phone.
    Get the unlimited talk hotspot feature.
    Reduce my home phone to about $19 bucks for a dial tone. Reduced my cell mins and saving $20 a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

what carrier that his wife ( and kids if any) use?
    If she is using AT&T, then he better stay w/ AT&T to safe $$, since the wife # will be his "Top 1" # that he called, compare to anyone else

so he could get either the 8310 or 8800 series.and make sure to have him try the keyboard first!
    03-10-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD