First let me tell you that I am a Verizon BB Tour user. Back when the original iPhone debuted I decided to buy one and use it on a pre paid plan. I eventually jailbroke it and sold it to some dude in Indonesia for twice what I paid for it. I kept the SIM card and have just recently found it. I need to unlock the Tour and when I do can I still use the old SIM card and just use it as a pre paid for the times when I need it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cenloe; 01-24-10 at 02:37 AM.
    01-24-10 12:52 AM
    probably. all you would have to do is call at&t and make sure the SIM id# is properly active on the network and then fill the card up. however, the newest SIM card will ensure the phone properly works at its best. older SIM cards tend to have a decreased performance vs the newest ones considering the more recent network changes.
    01-24-10 01:25 AM
    probably. all you would have to do is call at&t and make sure the SIM id# is properly active on the network and then fill the card up. however, the newest SIM card will ensure the phone properly works at its best. older SIM cards tend to have a decreased performance vs the newest ones considering the more recent network changes.
    Thanks for the good info, I will make a call to AT&T as soon as I unlock the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 02:38 AM
    I found another old SIM card from an old Go Phone. So I called AT&T to see if I could activate both SIM cards with our newly unlocked BB Tours. The rep told me that because the SIM cards were from old accounts that had been closed for sometime, he could not re activate them for me. Oh well, no biggie.

So I guess I have to buy SIM cards and when I do, can I activate and load them with minutes and texts over the phone? The rep said something about IMEID numbers, he almost made it sound like the SIM's would be specific to the devices. He also suggested I go into an AT&T store to do this, but I would rather just order and activate them myself. Is that possible?
    01-24-10 05:44 PM
    Sim cards are usually free at corporate stores, but you will have to sign up for either prepaid or postpaid account to get one.
    01-24-10 05:50 PM
    I found another old SIM card from an old Go Phone. So I called AT&T to see if I could activate both SIM cards with our newly unlocked BB Tours. The rep told me that because the SIM cards were from old accounts that had been closed for sometime, he could not re activate them for me. Oh well, no biggie.

So I guess I have to buy SIM cards and when I do, can I activate and load them with minutes and texts over the phone? The rep said something about IMEID numbers, he almost made it sound like the SIM's would be specific to the devices. He also suggested I go into an AT&T store to do this, but I would rather just order and activate them myself. Is that possible?
    SIM cards are not specific to one device.

the IMEI number is just the devices ID number. however, to associate your blackberry phone to a BIS account, its PIN and IMEI need to be recorded on the BIS account. this can either be done by you though the BIS website, or by the carrier upon request.
    01-24-10 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD