Im sure this has been beaten to death but if i have the $30 a month sero plan and want to upgrade to the tour is there anyway to do this or do i have to pay the add on fee??

I'm open for sugggestions.

thanks in advance
    07-01-09 12:21 PM
    So... let me make sure I understand your question.

Can I get something for nothing??
    07-01-09 01:05 PM
    u have the SERO plan which has the powervision plan, its going to conflict with thebb plan, u have to convertur SERO to sero voice only meaning uwill lose texting and data. have the $30 data added on so u can get texting , bb data, GPS, and TV
    07-01-09 01:52 PM
    Sprint is discontinuing (or already has) the SERO plan. They will tell you that you need a new plan before you can get the Tour.

I like the above suggestions about getting around it. But you might be fighting a little uphill battle. Sprint is REALLY pushing the everything plans for smartphones. You may talk to a person or 2 who say you MUST have an everything plan, but it's more of a strong sales pitch than an absolute policy.
    07-01-09 06:18 PM
    Sprint WILL NOT activate a Blackberry without switching you off of SERO. My dad bought a Pearl on Craig's List on Saturday and we tried 4-5 different times with different CSRs both on the phone and online chat. We were told the same thing over and over. NO. He had to switch to the 60 dollare "new SERO" but that gave him BIS and MMS and Navigation etc etc.
    07-01-09 07:58 PM
    I still disagree in that you can activate it but you will need to put a $30 BIS pack on it making your total $60. ESRP(new SERO) costs, drum roll please, $60. Save yourself a bunch of headaches and upgrade to the new plan.

Disclaimer
    Yes if you call and work and trick like a slime ball you may be able to get BIS for free. It is certainly not right but depending on you personal moral limits you can feel free to try but they have been cracking down pretty hard on the freebies in recent months.
    07-01-09 09:12 PM
    the blackberry will not work with SERO because its for powervision DATA, not BB data, of course u will get bumped off. But there are sero users with a BB data add on
    07-01-09 09:14 PM
    Change ur sero to voice only,csr can add free BIS, add ulim txt for $7.50....BAM! Done....no slimeball moves, just good cs since they offered the "fix".....why wouldn't anyone want to pay only $7.50 instead of $30??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 09:26 PM
    Sprint will infact activate a blackberry under Sero plan. Just like the other poster said, you tell them voice only and add bberry data pack.
    07-01-09 09:36 PM
    I can only report on what I witnessed first hand. I was able to add a curve 8330m to my SERO account just last month, but last week, my father was unable to do so.
    Good luck.
    07-02-09 06:42 PM
    Account Services was setting people up with reoccurring credit to offset adding BB data for awhile... they seem to not want to be doing that here recently.
    07-03-09 03:46 AM
    So... let me make sure I understand your question.

Can I get something for nothing??
    lmao...took the words right out of my mouth
    07-03-09 04:34 AM
    I actually just upgraded to the 8330 at the Sprint Store in San Diego two weeks ago. They let me keep my plan with no question and didn't bother me with a blackberry pack. Still paying the 30 flat.
    07-04-09 02:01 PM
    Good luck dude, let us know what happens.
    07-04-09 07:42 PM
    the blackberry will not work with SERO because its for powervision DATA, not BB data, of course u will get bumped off. But there are sero users with a BB data add on
    You are very very wrong.

I actually just upgraded to the 8330 at the Sprint Store in San Diego two weeks ago. They let me keep my plan with no question and didn't bother me with a blackberry pack. Still paying the 30 flat.
    Yes, but are all you BB features working? You can skip the BB plan and download Opera mini(on your PC) and get net access but all the other BB features don't work.
    07-04-09 11:05 PM
    You are very very wrong.
    in what sense? BB data and Powervision data are separate. i have the SERO plan with the BIS addon
    07-05-09 12:22 AM
    in what sense? BB data and Powervision data are separate. i have the SERO plan with the BIS addon

I think you have to read the entire post to get the jist.

"Yes, you can use powervision but you have to use a non BB browser and BB features will not work".

I wasn't aware that you could do that. But really, browsing is the feature I'm least worried about when it comes to my data. Pandora/SMS/MMS/Email is what I use mostly.

New Blackberry users that have SERO or any Sprint vision plan can provision the device, it even give them 1XEV... but it's not going to do anything for you. It doesn't show up in the provisioning tool that you registered, you're not going to get any functionality out of the device (other than the Opera suggestion, which I can't verify).

Every so often a customer calls in with a new BB and I ask them if they have 1XEV, and they say yes, so I start troubleshooting as if they have the proper plan. As soon as I see the pin # is not in the provisioning tool beside the ESN, I know what's up and check the plan.

So far 5 times out of 5 they've been on a Sero plan. Most people just add the $30. Some have a sense of entitlement, because their Razr had free internet for 2 years by god so is there Blackberry.

Transfer to retention thank you have a nice day LOL.
    07-05-09 03:24 AM
    I have BIS on my Curve right now on the SERO 500 plan. Paying the normal $30 total/month. I have switched phones at least 3 times and had no problems any of the times. No questions asked. My last switch was maybe 3 weeks ago.

If you don't get BIS you can still do the opera mini for web, gmail app for email (no push) and whatever else.
    07-07-09 02:55 AM
    I'm on the old SERO 500 ($30/mo) and switched my plan to SERO- Voice Only and added the free BIS add-on, added Unlim Text for $7.50 and TEP for $7/mo. A BlackBerry is a BlackBerry. The Tour still goes through RIMs servers. Still uses the same Voice plan. Just different hardware. Nothing really new in terms of functionality (network-wise) so I'm almost confident that with the patched plans for us SERO users, the Tour will indeed work on the patched SERO plans.
    07-07-09 06:38 PM
    see my plan below. It is possible and if anyone needs help doing it please contact me via pm there is no reason to argue about this. we will find out when it comes out next week! Until then, we wait !!!

Woody!
    07-07-09 07:42 PM
    I'm on the old SERO 500 ($30/mo) and switched my plan to SERO- Voice Only and added the free BIS add-on, added Unlim Text for $7.50 and TEP for $7/mo. A BlackBerry is a BlackBerry. The Tour still goes through RIMs servers. Still uses the same Voice plan. Just different hardware. Nothing really new in terms of functionality (network-wise) so I'm almost confident that with the patched plans for us SERO users, the Tour will indeed work on the patched SERO plans.
    How did you start the process? Which CS number did you call or did you start online?

I want to activate my Tour & get this result & I'm not sure how to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    08-12-09 01:01 AM
    see my plan below. It is possible and if anyone needs help doing it please contact me via pm there is no reason to argue about this. we will find out when it comes out next week! Until then, we wait !!!

Woody!
    gonna pm. i am very interested to know how to get your plan.
    08-31-09 06:29 PM
    how did u do it? i have had it done before but now i am switching to the tour and there are no reps who can/will???? help!!!
    10-28-09 02:24 PM
    I just got the Tour last week and got the BIS added for an extra $10. I have the old $50 a month Sero plan.

I had to be persitant and demanded that I not change my plan but it worked.
    11-01-09 09:06 PM
    All I do for customer's HUP'ing to the Tour is give them $10 BIS and call it a day, haven't had any problems w/it or the customers, I mean come on, you're still getting one helluva deal at $40 and your still getting everything the everything data 450 users are getting for $30 less a month. Win win if you ask me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 10:42 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD