It's November 11th. That was the date T-Mobile told us the 9700 would be released. There is a T-Mobile store a few blocks away from where I live. I'm thinking of heading over there around lunch time to see if I can spot a 9700 at the store.

Has anyone seen a 9700 appear in a T-Mobile store anywhere today?
    11-11-09 11:17 AM
    It's releasing on November 16th for $199.99/2 year contract or $449 without.
    11-11-09 12:21 PM
    It's releasing on November 16th for $199.99/2 year contract or $449 without.
    Cool info.

So to get the $199.99 price, you'd have to sign up for the "Even More" plan as opposed to the "Even More Plus" plan?

Not sure if I'm going to keep my 8900 for awhile (leaning in that direction) or get the 9700 but want to see it as soon as it comes out.
    11-11-09 01:47 PM
    Cool info.

So to get the $199.99 price, you'd have to sign up for the "Even More" plan as opposed to the "Even More Plus" plan?

Not sure if I'm going to keep my 8900 for awhile (leaning in that direction) or get the 9700 but want to see it as soon as it comes out.
    correct. EM+ plan users get unsubsidized prices, which is $449.
    11-11-09 02:02 PM
    correct. EM+ plan users get unsubsidized prices, which is $449.
    I'm all for getting out of this ETF business and offering rate plans without contracts, but at $449, I'm gonna be hanging on to my trusty 8900 for awhile. 3G and a trackpad aren't worth $449.00 in this economy here in California where we have about 20% unemployment.
    11-11-09 02:30 PM
    Berryite, remember that you can pay for it over 20 months (about 22 bucks a month) if your on EM+. Not saying that is the way to go, just putting it out there.
    11-11-09 02:32 PM
    No joke ahah cali is bad but I'm jumpin on the 9700 faster processor trackpad n 3g seem worth it but I have had my eye on a android device lately

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 02:43 PM
    for sure what im going to ask, have been responsed already for like 100 times here... but any ways ..

if im a tmobile costumer for like 3 year, i have the 8900 with the old prices plan ($19 bb/internet) .. and now i want to upgrade to the 9700, any one know FOR SURE 100% SURE!!! if i can keep my plan as is? or they will turn my arm back again a wall and make me upgrade my plan to a new fashion XPENSIVE one???
    11-11-09 02:56 PM
    Berryite, remember that you can pay for it over 20 months (about 22 bucks a month) if your on EM+. Not saying that is the way to go, just putting it out there.
    Appreciate the thought RW. I MAY do that ... depends on how much I do or don't fall in love with the 9700 when I go to the T-Mobile store to play with it now on the 16th.

I am leaning to stick with the 8900 for awhile. I am very fond of my 8900.

The rate plan is also something I have to kick around. I looked at the new EM+ plan and didn't find that it was that big of an advantage to me. I am now on the unlimited loyalty plan with the BlackBerry data and messaging addons. Altogether, my current bill is about $80. With EM+, it would be $75 but I'd have to pay the $35 migration fee which means I wouldn't be saving a dime for seven months to pay off the difference of the migration fee. Also as long as I'm on the existing plan, I get subsidized phones. I think I'll eligible for an upgrade in April.

With the way RIM is rolling out these new devices, around April we'll probably have something neater and better than the 9700 so I might just wait for that.

Funny, all of my choices in the past have been to jump to a new phone fast because the phones were so revolutionary. Now these updated phones aren't that special. Sure the 3G is nice but it's not essential. The trackpad may or may not be cool, we'll have to see, but I could live without that too.

No sensing any big rush to run to the 9700. I'll be there to take a look as soon as it's released but I'm not sensing that this is gonna be a "must have" for me.
    11-11-09 04:37 PM
    for sure what im going to ask, have been responsed already for like 100 times here... but any ways ..

if im a tmobile costumer for like 3 year, i have the 8900 with the old prices plan ($19 bb/internet) .. and now i want to upgrade to the 9700, any one know FOR SURE 100% SURE!!! if i can keep my plan as is? or they will turn my arm back again a wall and make me upgrade my plan to a new fashion XPENSIVE one???
    I don't think any of us know the answer to your question because the 9700 has not been released yet.

My QUESS is that is you're riding on a really old rate plan, they'll make you change it to get a new 9700 but that is JUST my QUESS.
    11-11-09 04:40 PM

You shouldn't have to change your plan. All you're doing is changing devices. My niece had a Sidekick LX and then I got her the Sidekick LX 2009 w/ 3G. The data plan I got is $19.99 which is grandfathered and I didn't have to change it. I'm sure that's how it works. I got an 8320 and I'm thinking about getting the 9700. I'm not sure because I would have to pay full retail price on the 9700 since I am not due for a full discount until 9/2010 but I'd be mad if they make me change any of my grandfathered services just because I want to switch to the 9700. Wouldn't that be a breach of contract if they make me switch to any of those new plans?
    11-11-09 09:44 PM
    You shouldn't have to change your plan. All you're doing is changing devices. My niece had a Sidekick LX and then I got her the Sidekick LX 2009 w/ 3G. The data plan I got is $19.99 which is grandfathered and I didn't have to change it. I'm sure that's how it works. I got an 8320 and I'm thinking about getting the 9700. I'm not sure because I would have to pay full retail price on the 9700 since I am not due for a full discount until 9/2010 but I'd be mad if they make me change any of my grandfathered services just because I want to switch to the 9700. Wouldn't that be a breach of contract if they make me switch to any of those new plans?
    that is what i want to know i have the fav 5 with 300 mins or so for 40 bucks and the old data plan but i can upgrade in 5 months, and i cant afford to change a plan i have two years on this contract, can the FORCE me to change? of so at that time i will prob leave tmo for at&t and an iphone lol i like tmo but I dont think these new plans kept in mind the bad econmy and loss of job issues for other people
    11-12-09 12:34 PM
    can the FORCE me to change? of so at that time i will prob leave tmo for at&t and an iphone lol i like tmo but I dont think these new plans kept in mind the bad econmy and loss of job issues for other people
    If you are grandfathered in a rate plan, they aren't going to force you to change. If you want to change some aspect of your plan, then they could tell you that by doing so you will lose your old plan. The solution is just not to make any changes.

And if you think T-Mobile's rates don't work for you, you'll be much more disappointed with AT&T who is quite a bit more expensive.
    11-14-09 09:52 PM
    I got to play around with a 9700 today, device is very responsive and im liking the trackpad.
    11-14-09 09:54 PM
    I got to play around with a 9700 today, device is very responsive and im liking the trackpad.
    Any other BIG issues over the 8900 that would convince someone to switch sooner rather than later?
    11-15-09 02:03 PM
    i know most people are trying it out for the trackpad and the 3g network. thats why i'm getting it. everyone so far is raving about the trackpad so it should be good
    11-15-09 02:37 PM
    i know most people are trying it out for the trackpad and the 3g network. thats why i'm getting it. everyone so far is raving about the trackpad so it should be good
    Keep us posted on what you find.
    11-15-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD