If T-Mobile buys sprint I am going to bring my business elsewhere.....

I hate T-Mobile, they will destroy sprint....

EDIT: OK my above statements may be harsh... but come on, T-Mobile service is so bad they implemented VOIP via wifi...

If this were to happen you are talking about the largest us wireless carrier. It would be an interesting ride to say the least, but before I would consider leaving I would taste a bite first before I season it. It could be a good situation.

As for the Sprint curve 8330 and SEP, I think there would be some grandfathering going on.
    05-05-08 10:01 AM
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it was just sent in to me via email so I thought I'd put the link up here. It's the full spec sheet on the 8330.

Sprint BlackBerry 8830 Curve Fact Sheet >>
    05-05-08 11:37 AM
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it was just sent in to me via email so I thought I'd put the link up here. It's the full spec sheet on the 8330.

Thanks for doing that, I appreciate it!
    05-05-08 11:44 AM
    I despise T-mobile. If the acquisition actually follows through, I will unfortunately have to switch to Verizon or ATT
    05-05-08 12:09 PM

thanks, but that has been out since the aprial 1st. you can get to it by going to sprint.com and putting 8830 in the search feild.

since we dont have the curve yet, it is nice to see the specs though ever once in a while. lol.
    05-05-08 12:14 PM
    Though I think T-mobile has the cutest Reps in the store. I don't think I like what their cell phone services have to offer. They seem a little Bucsh League. Call me old fashioned but I like the originals (ATT, VZW, SPRINT). I live in a big city so coverage is never really much of an issue. Unless you are by the beach where VZW kicks but.
    05-05-08 01:07 PM

I like this fact:
    Comes with a pre-installed 1GB card. Cards up to 8GB supported; sold
    separately.
    05-05-08 01:09 PM
    There was a Sprint insert in my Sunday paper yesterday. It had the Curve on the back, a $179.99 price, mentioned both black and red options, and the ominous words "Coming Soon."

05-05-08 02:17 PM
    There was a Sprint insert in my Sunday paper yesterday. It had the Curve on the back, a $179.99 price, mentioned both black and red options, and the ominous words "Coming Soon."

oh cool, thanks for the information. did you also know that the Curve isn't made by Apple? yeah i know right? it said BlackBerry on that same ad...and to think this whole time...

05-05-08 02:35 PM
    The girl from retentions I've been working with called today to tell me the sCurve will be released in time for mothers day (I have until May 16th to return the Pearl). I'm just wondering what year?

Seriously though that a gives us all a little hope that we'll see it.

She also said while she doesn't have the ability to order it at this time it might be in some of the stores. Guess I'll stop by the corporate Sprint store today while I'm at Costco to see if they have it or have any idea when they'll be getting it.
    05-05-08 02:36 PM
    The girl from retentions I've been working with called today to tell me the sCurve will be released in time for mothers day (I have until May 16th to return the Pearl). I'm just wondering what year?

Seriously though that a gives us all a little hope that we'll see it.

She also said while she doesn't have the ability to order it at this time it might be in some of the stores. Guess I'll stop by the corporate Sprint store today while I'm at Costco to see if they have it or have any idea when they'll be getting it.
    I just spoke with two "echat" customer service reps, one Telesales rep, one live CS rep, and three stores - and got, basically, five different answers:

echat rep 1: May 7
    echat rep 2: I don't know, call Telesales
    Telesales: I don't know, call Customer Service (honest!)
    Store 1: Midsummer
    Store 2: I don't know, should have been out already
    Store 3: End of May
    05-05-08 02:41 PM
    I just spoke with two "echat" customer service reps, one Telesales rep, one live CS rep, and three stores - and got, basically, five different answers:

echat rep 1: May 7
    echat rep 2: I don't know, call Telesales
    Telesales: I don't know, call Customer Service (honest!)
    Store 1: Midsummer
    Store 2: I don't know, should have been out already
    Store 3: End of May
    Wow! More chat and I'm betting you would have gotten the we're not offering that phone. Or even better is the we haven't been trained on that phone.
    05-05-08 02:45 PM
    Wow! More chat and I'm betting you would have gotten the we're not offering that phone. Or even better is the we haven't been trained on that phone.
    After all the above calls, I decided to try Retentions. Lo and behold, back to May 7. Guess I better get back to work.
    05-05-08 03:11 PM
    hi, newb here. Anyway, I just talked to retention too and the girl I was talking to (Karen) said that the only 8330 she was showing for release on the 7th was the red. ARGH!!! I have been holding out for a month almost and now they only say the red one? Who knows though. Maybe titanium will be available. I hope so. I would get my a** kicked at every construction site I went to with a red phone.
    05-05-08 03:35 PM
    I sell Sprint phones on the indirect channel, on our dealer rewards program they have the Curve listed in the May promotions, and I have spoken with retentions, it will be sometime in May.
    05-05-08 03:37 PM
    The ad in the paper did say it was the perfect mothers day gift! So hoping for this week!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 04:13 PM
    I just talked to Sprint billing... happily they resolved a billing issue I had.

The rep also confidently and repeatedly said the that sCurve and the Insight are both coming out on June 1st.

Do we believe this ?
    05-05-08 04:33 PM
    LOL...take a look at this article via bb geeks. It makes a good point that by launching the Sprint 8330 on/by 5/7, Sprint would undercut Verizon's launch...hmmm Lastly they say they have heard rumors of a 5/7 launch...lol...i bet theyve been looking at our thread!!!

Sprint’s BlackBerry Curve to launch May 7th? | PHONE Magazine
    05-05-08 04:35 PM
    oh cool, thanks for the information. did you also know that the Curve isn't made by Apple? yeah i know right? it said BlackBerry on that same ad...and to think this whole time...

You lost me on that whole exchange. Sorry.
    05-05-08 05:07 PM
    Just got this one today from CS...

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for emailing Sprint. I will be glad to assist you regarding
    the inquiry of new Balckberry Curve.

I would like to inform you that the launch of Blackberry Curve is
    scheduled to be on June 01, 2008.

Your satisfaction as a Sprint subscriber is important to us.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
    Diana S.
    Sprint

Funny how last week I had an email that said the 7th.

It's almost comical.
    05-05-08 05:15 PM
    So, I just held the 8330 in titanium! Our BB rep brought it by and said the launch is the 7th! She was shocked that we didn't have them yet. Not sure about the red, but the article that was posted makes it appear as if both colors will launch!

05-05-08 05:15 PM
    So, I just held the 8330 in titanium! Our BB rep brought it by and said the launch is the 7th! She was shocked that we didn't have them yet. Not sure about the red, but the article that was posted makes it appear as if both colors will launch!

LIAR!!!!!.............Nah, I'm Just A Lil Jealous...........Is Like The AT&T Titanium, Or A Little Darker?!?!?
    05-05-08 05:19 PM
    She had the pre-production model and it didn't look like the same color that was in the ad. I'm hoping it will be dark grey almost black.
    I haven't seen ATT's titanium though so I can't make comparisons.

05-05-08 05:30 PM
    She had the pre-production model and it didn't look like the same color that was in the ad. I'm hoping it will be dark grey almost black.
    I haven't seen ATT's titanium though so I can't make comparisons.

I know they aren't for sale, but i'd take a pre-production model!

The BB site though doesn't say that red is going to be available. just black and silver/titanium.
    Last edited by TolCrackMonkey; 05-05-08 at 05:38 PM.
    05-05-08 05:32 PM
    LOL...take a look at this article via bb geeks. It makes a good point that by launching the Sprint 8330 on/by 5/7, Sprint would undercut Verizon's launch...hmmm Lastly they say they have heard rumors of a 5/7 launch...lol...i bet theyve been looking at our thread!!!

Sprint�s BlackBerry Curve to launch May 7th?*|*PHONE Magazine
    I like this line from the end of the article:

"The final word for this date will come Wednesday."

Well no kidding Wednesday is the 7th, are they going to release the phone Wednesday or just release the release date?
    05-05-08 05:40 PM
2,942 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD