I am still trying to decide if I am going to give up my Pearl for the Curve...I really think I want to, but I am having premature separation anxiety!!!
    It was hard for me to leave the Pearl for the 8830 but I wanted a wider screen. Now with the Curve, I'll get the wider screen plus the camera
    05-03-08 11:24 PM
    what if they are waiting for all the time zones to turn 12 before listing it?

ive been waiting too long for this phone, ive alone had it.
    This could be true who wanna text me when they update the SITE LOL
    05-03-08 11:26 PM
    HeHe. Alltel. I have to laugh. Awesome phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-08 11:32 PM
    I hate that Verizon and Alltel released the Curve before Sprint, but I just have one question: Do they have anything like the Sprint music store???

Word has been that the problems are no longer with the EVDO, but with Sprint music store. I don't know about you guys but I love this feature on my Sprint phone and I am willing to wait for a Curve with this feature.

EDIT: BTW, the device is now listed on Verizon's website I'm having problems loading pictures though.
    05-04-08 01:48 AM
    I think you can order online now. I went to the Verizon Wireless site and just for fun added it to my cart and it did it. I can't believe that Verizon got the Curve BEFORE Sprint. What is up with that?
    05-04-08 01:53 AM
    like a couple of other people have mentioned already i believe...if you check out best buy's site; yeah it says it's backordered; and here's the hilarious part...THE PRICE!!!

$799.99!?! haha. wow.

but yeah; i'm telling you folks...wednesday is the day. personally, i don't even know why i'm talking about the curve as much as i am; because i for one am not going to pay retail for the phone (even at sprint's retail price; which won't be too far off from best buy's price). the high price doesn't match up with what you get in the device to be quite honest. now if i know i'd get it for the 2-year price/or some other discounted price some way...i'm definitely going to have it in my hands.
    Last edited by hydroblack; 05-04-08 at 02:07 AM.
    05-04-08 02:02 AM
    It's past midnight on the West Coast and alas no Curve. Oh well, I think the May 7th estimate is probably what is going to go down. At least that was my last CS correspondence.

Funny thing...checked verizon's site and they have it up. The don't seem to have the images posted though so I just get a [boxed "?"] where the picture should appear. I guess they want to show up Sprint so bad they don't even care their site doesn't work right.

Since my corporate store isn't open on Sundays anyways I will probably pick it up next Sat. so really I'm not that let down by no curve today. However, if it does show up this week I might make a special trip in the middle of the week.
    05-04-08 02:51 AM
    Check this out:
    BestBuy.com - Search Results
    Ridiculous price but maybe, just maybe the stores will have it this week!
    05-04-08 05:50 AM
    In today's Sunday New York Daily News there is a Sprint Insert the Advertises the Sprint Curve, No release date is given it just say "Coming Soon" with a price of 179.99 after $100 mail in rebate. The colors that will be avail will be Titanium and Red

05-04-08 07:44 AM
    In today's Sunday New York Daily News there is a Sprint Insert the Advertises the Sprint Curve, No release date is given it just say "Coming Soon" with a price of 179.99 after $100 mail in rebate. The colors that will be avail will be Titanium and Red

Are they advertising both of them together? If they are I would put my guess on the release date back to June.
    05-04-08 08:22 AM
    Yes, they're advertising both colors together.

05-04-08 08:29 AM
    VZN people had to call in and place an order. The vCurves aren't available to order online yet.

There's no point in hoping it comes out within the next couple hours.. it's not happening haha.

Enter your location

Verizon's available online now! lol. I know this isn't a Verizon thread, but I thought this would be interesting, because I doubt Sprint would let a phone of this magnitude come out a whole month after their competitor's. Hopefully this will push Sprint's release.
    05-04-08 09:49 AM
    Hmm ok I just found the same ad as well in my sunday paper. since they didnt put a date I will say it wont be this week.

But the Blackberry Curve on the page says SUN MAY 11....

Since the ad says that the deal says the offer on th email in is 5/31 - and the screen says 5/11 I would say 5/11 is has a higher chance then 5/7. Especially since sprint usually releases on sundays.

EDIT: The screen says SUN MAY 11th
    Last edited by CTLAdvance; 05-04-08 at 09:54 AM.
    05-04-08 09:52 AM
    5/11 was my prediction
    I bumped it up, but now I think I might bring it back to 5/11 hahahaha.
    05-04-08 10:03 AM
    My bet is still on 5-7 until I see proof otherwise.

Also the retail should be 599.99
    Minus $150.00 upgrade credit
    Minus $170 Instant savings
    Minus $100 MIR

That's a 179.99 after all full discounts, but a 599.99 retail price tag is pretty steep!
    05-04-08 10:19 AM
    My bet is still on 5-7 until I see proof otherwise.

Also the retail should be 599.99
    Minus $150.00 upgrade credit
    Minus $170 Instant savings
    Minus $100 MIR

That's a 179.99 after all full discounts, but a 599.99 retail price tag is pretty steep!
    Verizon was $449.99 (I believe) for full retail and Alltel was $519.99. Why would Sprint be so much more expensive? On most other phones it has always seemed to me that Alltel has had the highest retail price, which makes sense since they place much smaller orders....
    05-04-08 10:29 AM
    Way to go Sprint! Way to be in last place for releasing a product! Glad you were able to beat Verizon, Alltel and the Canadians to releasing a product! I am loosing faith that you know how to launch a product and I thought no one could do it as poorly as some of the auto manufacturers that I've worked for. At least you have a descent network and will hopefully, maybe oneday, get your act together and release the Curve!
    05-04-08 10:34 AM
    I currently work for sprint, the official Blackberry Curve release date is May 7th!
    05-04-08 10:55 AM
    I currently work for sprint, the official Blackberry Curve release date is May 7th!
    In stores or online or both? Thanks...
    05-04-08 11:09 AM
    I'll beleive it when I see it. Sorry but it was DEFINETLY 4/20, than 4/27, then 5/1....then who knows?
    05-04-08 11:09 AM
    The release date was pushed back because of a software glitch that was discovered right before the release. I can rest assue that the final release date will be on May 7th. It will only be available online and to order with telesales first, then by the end of May, all the Sprint Stores will have the phones in stock.
    05-04-08 11:30 AM
    I am going to Vegas next weekend. Sprint curve will be in had on Saturday before I leave for the week, or I will be holding an Alltel Curve.
    05-04-08 11:45 AM
    For a sec. I thought about just saying I'm done with sprint and going with the verizon curve. But after some calculations im not going anywhere, ill just wait for the sprint curve.

I have been with sprint for a total of 18 months and in that time have given sprint a total of $1083.81. that calculates to a average of $60.2 a month. that also includes the purchase of two phones(treo 700wx and a bb pearl). to top it all off with 1250 mins I never go over my mins.

so yes whenever the sprint curve comes ill just wait it out.
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 05-04-08 at 07:08 PM. Reason: language
    05-04-08 12:44 PM
    In stores or online or both? Thanks...
    May 7 has the ring of truth, corroborated by the CS rep I just spoke with on live chat at Sprint.com -- not five minutes ago. Here's the text of the exchange:

1:11:12 PM PDT Thon
    Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Thon. How may I assist you today?

1:11:34 PM PDT Ed
    hello Thon. I am wondering if you have an official release date for the Blackberry Curve (8330) ?

1:13:07 PM PDT Thon
    That is May 7. The projected date.

1:13:32 PM PDT Thon
    Was there anything else that I can further assist you with?

1:14:26 PM PDT Ed
    thank you - one more question -- is that date for online, or thru telesales, or thru the stores?

1:15:02 PM PDT Thon
    That is through the stores. In all Sprint.

1:15:19 PM PDT Ed
    so I could actually buy one in the local store on that date?

1:15:27 PM PDT Thon
    That is correct.

1:15:35 PM PDT Ed
    thank you.

The only thing I doubt is the "stores" part - can't imagine all stores will have inventory on May 7. If that were true, seems to me at least ONE of us on these forums would have seen a phone "in the wild" by now.
    Last edited by edbern; 05-04-08 at 03:30 PM.
    05-04-08 03:21 PM
    Like vbv said above, distribution likely starts May 7 with the big Sprint stores getting inventory first, then gradually the smaller city/suburb strip mall stores. A couple of weeks to get them to everyone sounds likely.
    05-04-08 03:28 PM
2,942 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD