from Sprint CS

"The scheduled date for launching Blackberry Curve (8330) is June 01,
    2008. I noticed that you have purchase a new Blackberry 8830 on April
    24, 2008. You can exchange this handset within 30 days. But when the
    Blackberry Curve (8330) will come in the market, the current handset
    will have crossed the 30 days exchange period. Therefore, it will not
    be possible to exchange this handset with Blackberry Curve (8330).

However, considering your long term association with us, I have put the
    notes on the account so that you can get this handset through
    replacement.

All you need to do is visit the nearest Sprint Store and our store
    representative will be glad to assist you in provide you the handset,
    after launching the handset. Then you will be able to get the
    Blackberry Curve (8330)."

Replacement: what does that mean? Does that mean a straight-up swap from my 8830 to the 8330?

Also, two days ago CS told me May 7th, and this morning they're saying June 1st. Sprint probably thinks we are freaks for chomping at the bit.
    Yeah its a simple swap. Any date you hear can be changed at anytime.
    05-02-08 11:56 AM
    Yeah its a simple swap. Any date you hear can be changed at anytime.
    Thank you. That's what I was hoping it meant.
    05-02-08 12:13 PM
    Thank you. That's what I was hoping it meant.
    No prob
    05-02-08 12:14 PM
    Jamieg, I agree with Oregonrealestatediva. I have been with sprint for over 10 years, it's the only cell service I have ever had. I will admit that if I call cs one more time and get someone in india named sally whom I can't understand I will scream but that seems to be what's going on with most large companies these day. Overall, I'm fine with sprint other than a few billing issues that they fixed fairly quickly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for May 7th!!
    05-02-08 12:18 PM
    Great! Thx to both of you for your info!! I am going to the local Sprint store and pick up an 8800 until the Curve comes out!! Fingers crossed for May 7th on the release of the Curve!!
    05-02-08 12:29 PM
    Just talked to 3 different Sprint stores here in Houston. Number 1 said May 20. Number 2 said late June or mid July. Number 3 said he has no idea, nor does his manager. Who knows!?
    05-02-08 12:58 PM
    BlackBerry Curve Launch Date

Sprint has revised its launch schedule of the BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone. Previously slated for purchase in April 2008, Sprint plans to make this handset available online at Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint and in direct ship sales channel by mid-May. Retail stores will begin carrying the BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone shortly thereafter. The decision to postpone commercial availability until May stems from Sprint�s desire to conduct additional testing to ensure a high-quality user experience for all functionality of the BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone, including exclusive Sprint services like Sprint TV and Sprint Music Store. Once available, Sprint will provide additional updates on Buzz About Wireless letting customers know when and where they can purchase the BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone. In the meantime, Sprint customers can also sign up to be notified of availability by via email at Be the first to hear. Sprint would like to extend its thanks to its customers for their interest and patience as we strive to deliver the best possible experience with our products.
    05-02-08 01:28 PM
    and this was from that signup for notification at sprint.com/curve. It's not the date but atleast now we know it will be mid-may (unless they postpone again) but there will be another email for the exact date is what I'm getting so this is just a closer idea.
    05-02-08 01:30 PM
    I just received this email 5 minutes ago

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I would be glad to assist you with
    your inquiry regarding the Blackberry Curve.

I understand that you are interested in the Blackberry curve. The launch
    date for the Blackberry curve is May 07, 2008. I would like to share
    with you that this date is subject to change.

Thank you for emailing us. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
    Ammie Y.
    Sprint
    05-02-08 01:46 PM
    and this was from that signup for notification at sprint.com/curve. It's not the date but atleast now we know it will be mid-may (unless they postpone again) but there will be another email for the exact date is what I'm getting so this is just a closer idea.
    nice! I just signed up at sprint.com/curve. This is wonderful . I hope everyone on this thread takes heed - this is just what we've been looking for.
    05-02-08 01:57 PM
    nice! I just signed up at sprint.com/curve. This is wonderful . I hope everyone on this thread takes heed - this is just what we've been looking for.
    Well, I figured that being from Sprint themselves it was the most CONCRETE information to provide since phone calls and emails seem to be conflicting. I hope they are right!!!
    05-02-08 02:08 PM
    Back when they were talking about the 4/20 date I received the following from Sprint:

Thank you for your interest in our new Blackberry Curve. The
    anticipated date that the Curve will be available to the public is April
    20th. You can sign up at Be the first to hear to register to be one of
    the first to purchase this devise.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
    Melaine Hoilett
    (757)223-3761
    Sprint

Sooo, I'm not too sure about this May 7th day. I know that they never said an official date on any release but c'mon Sprint, your business is suffering and Alltel wireless is the first CDMA carrier for the Balckberry Curve! It is bad enough that GSM carriers get the phones first, and the CDMA carriers release them 6 months later. The Curve has been out since last December of 07, know wonder why GSM carriers laugh at this. I will accept that CDMA will always get them at a later date, but I am at a point where it bothers me that Sprint is not the first CDMA carrier, and may not even be the second. I just needed to rant.
    05-02-08 02:23 PM
    I believe my email was from that [email protected] (after a buddy of mine did it knowing it would go to his admins) and she came back with this...
    Please be aware that the Simply Everything pricing plan is not being discontinued in the near future. We do reserve the right to make changes to pricing as necessary but we will end the SE plan on May 31. In regards to the Curve, On April 1 Sprint has announced plans to begin offering this device sometime in April. At this time we have not announced plans to change this timeline. While we have not announced a specific date of availability you can sign up to be notified at Be the first to hear.

Please watch our new site Sprint | Newsroom Home Page and our Buzz About Wireless site Cell Phone Ratings & Reviews | Buzz About Wireless - Sprint Nextel - Home for communication on this and other updates/news from Sprint.

Thank you for your interest.

Amy Schiska-Lombard

Sprint, Media Relation

So I came back with this...

Thank you for your response. I appriciate it but April is now over and still no news on a release date. I guess we'll all just have to sit and wait. I just figured someone between Sprint and RIM would have some information

and that's when she said this (which took me to the forum where my previous post came from)

Please be aware Sprint has revised its launch schedule for this device. An official statement has been posted on our Buzz About Wireless user site. This can be viewed at baw - BlackBerry Curve Launch Date - BlackBerry Smart Phones - Buzz About Wireless

Customers wishing to be notified via email about availability of the BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone may register for notification at Be the first to hear. Thank you for your interest in Sprint.

No hard core DATE but atleast it says Mid-May... but I guess we'll see.
    05-02-08 02:31 PM
    I have been watching both sprint and verizon's forums on dates. It seems that a few ppl have purchased and received their new curve. Go see there are pics to back it up.I left verizon for sprint to save money on my plan. I guess i get what i deserve. Yes I know that verizon cost more but all around they do take care of you as a customer. This is another prime example of that.It seem to retain accounts i would be keeping my ear to the ground and try to please whom I can. (cough) Are you listening Mr Hesse?
    No release date commited. Like everyone else here I have called alot and different ppl within Sprint. All have different dates, not a freakin clue. And this forum just makes it worse for me.
    Not blaming anyone person, I fuel the anger myself by reading.

Can just one person with creditablity just come forth and say YO!, the date is
    (fill in answer here) and let us move on with our lives.
    05-02-08 02:34 PM
    I had a chat with a rep, and of course no real help. I can confirm that I will be able to buy the phone THIS YEAR!!

3:27:42 PM System Connected to sprint-ap2.cnxchat.com
    3:27:42 PM System Session ID: 1844898
    3:27:47 PM System Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly.
    3:27:48 PM System Renee has joined this session!
    3:27:48 PM System Connected with Renee
    3:27:48 PM Renee Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Renee. How may I assist you today?
    3:28:48 PM Rudy When can I expect to be able to purchase the Curve 8330?
    3:29:07 PM Renee I do apologize however, at this time we do not have a current release date for the Curve.
    3:29:34 PM Rudy Do you have a release month?
    3:30:12 PM Renee I do apologize however, we do not have that at this time.
    3:31:27 PM Rudy Can I expect to be able to purchase the Curve 8330 this year?
    3:31:57 PM Renee You should be able to expect it this year.
    3:33:22 PM Renee Do you have any further questions?
    05-02-08 02:34 PM
    Ok I would tend to believe the May, 7th date....

I just got a call from some one on the engineering side of IPCS (Sprint in N.E. PA) I was told that the stores in the area could order and sell the Curve as of right now.. I called the store and they expect the Curve order to be in on Friday the 9th. Im waiting for a call back to see if I can indeed order one, apparently you have to activate on thier area code and I live in NY so of course I would want a local number to me. Once im finished with my transaction I will post the store number etc so everyone else can harass them.
    05-02-08 02:36 PM
    Just got back from my daily Curve fix from AT&T. Man I can't wait till we get the curve. So I will continue to believe a May 7th release date, maybe they'll surprise us and release it tomorrow
    05-02-08 02:39 PM
    I had a chat with a rep, and of course no real help. I can confirm that I will be able to buy the phone THIS YEAR!!

3:27:42 PM System Connected to sprint-ap2.cnxchat.com
    3:27:42 PM System Session ID: 1844898
    3:27:47 PM System Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly.
    3:27:48 PM System Renee has joined this session!
    3:27:48 PM System Connected with Renee
    3:27:48 PM Renee Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Renee. How may I assist you today?
    3:28:48 PM Rudy When can I expect to be able to purchase the Curve 8330?
    3:29:07 PM Renee I do apologize however, at this time we do not have a current release date for the Curve.
    3:29:34 PM Rudy Do you have a release month?
    3:30:12 PM Renee I do apologize however, we do not have that at this time.
    3:31:27 PM Rudy Can I expect to be able to purchase the Curve 8330 this year?
    3:31:57 PM Renee You should be able to expect it this year.
    3:33:22 PM Renee Do you have any further questions?
    LOL this seems like a typical response from a CS from any company that's tired of the same question from 10000000000000 people everyday. LOL
    05-02-08 02:39 PM
    Ok heres the info.....

Scranton Sprint Store
    249 Scranton Carbondale Highway
    Scranton, PA 18508

570-558-7727

Can order today and shipments are expected in a week or so.
    05-02-08 02:44 PM
    Ok heres the info.....

Scranton Sprint Store
    249 Scranton Carbondale Highway
    Scranton, PA 18508

570-558-7727

Can order today and shipments are expected in a week or so.
    That is too funny because I actually called that number and she said they don't have it in and I asked her if I could pre-order it and she said no but they could put an order in (didn't want to correct her in what she just contradicted) and I said... "So I can order one now and it will be in next week?" she said she could take my number and call me when they come in if I want to order one. I'm thinking they are doing their own thing and holding orders until they can order them themselves and they won't even get them until the rest of the world does. Some company's are shady like that in that they will pre-order things and word gets around so they will get the initial revenue rather than some other private store.
    05-02-08 02:51 PM
    I believe my email was from that [email protected] (after a buddy of mine did it knowing it would go to his admins) and she came back with this...
    Please be aware that the Simply Everything pricing plan is not being discontinued in the near future. We do reserve the right to make changes to pricing as necessary but we will end the SE plan on May 31. In regards to the Curve, On April 1 Sprint has announced plans to begin offering this device sometime in April. At this time we have not announced plans to change this timeline. While we have not announced a specific date of availability you can sign up to be notified at Be the first to hear.

Please watch our new site Sprint | Newsroom Home Page and our Buzz About Wireless site Cell Phone Ratings & Reviews | Buzz About Wireless - Sprint Nextel - Home for communication on this and other updates/news from Sprint.

Thank you for your interest.

Amy Schiska-Lombard

Sprint, Media Relation

So I came back with this...

Thank you for your response. I appriciate it but April is now over and still no news on a release date. I guess we'll all just have to sit and wait. I just figured someone between Sprint and RIM would have some information

and that's when she said this (which took me to the forum where my previous post came from)

Please be aware Sprint has revised its launch schedule for this device. An official statement has been posted on our Buzz About Wireless user site. This can be viewed at baw - BlackBerry Curve Launch Date - BlackBerry Smart Phones - Buzz About Wireless

Customers wishing to be notified via email about availability of the BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone may register for notification at Be the first to hear. Thank you for your interest in Sprint.

No hard core DATE but atleast it says Mid-May... but I guess we'll see.
    Hey just an FYI - according to the instinct ad, its coming out sometime in June but ion order to get the discount you have to put the phone on of of there SEP plans or you will have to pay full price. Its in the fine print... I posted it here once already.

Sprint | now is good

Purchase of the Instinct requires activation on an Everything plan, starting at $69.99. Existing customers can switch to Everything plans without extending their contract. New line activations require a two-year agreement. Instinct requires an Everything plan for key features to function appropriately. Customers currently may not switch to a service plan for the Instinct other than an Everything plan. GPS reliability varies by environment. Coverage is not available everywhere. Offers not available in all markets/retail locations or for all networks. The Sprint Mobile Broadband Network reaches over 230 million people. The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches over 262 million people. Other restrictions apply.

And I agree some what with the idea that they are taking extra time to test the device on the network. It is going to ba a "Macdaddy" of berry so to speak. For the business man or the individual.
    05-02-08 03:06 PM
    That is too funny because I actually called that number and she said they don't have it in and I asked her if I could pre-order it and she said no but they could put an order in (didn't want to correct her in what she just contradicted) and I said... "So I can order one now and it will be in next week?" she said she could take my number and call me when they come in if I want to order one. I'm thinking they are doing their own thing and holding orders until they can order them themselves and they won't even get them until the rest of the world does. Some company's are shady like that in that they will pre-order things and word gets around so they will get the initial revenue rather than some other private store.

I too called the store just now and was told the phone CANNOT be ordered, they don't have it in, and maybe it will come in the next couple of weeks. So no go on this Scranton store.
    05-02-08 03:34 PM
    Hey just an FYI - according to the instinct ad, its coming out sometime in June but ion order to get the discount you have to put the phone on of of there SEP plans or you will have to pay full price. Its in the fine print... I posted it here once already.

Sprint | now is good

Purchase of the Instinct requires activation on an Everything plan, starting at $69.99. Existing customers can switch to Everything plans without extending their contract. New line activations require a two-year agreement. Instinct requires an Everything plan for key features to function appropriately. Customers currently may not switch to a service plan for the Instinct other than an Everything plan. GPS reliability varies by environment. Coverage is not available everywhere. Offers not available in all markets/retail locations or for all networks. The Sprint Mobile Broadband Network reaches over 230 million people. The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches over 262 million people. Other restrictions apply.

And I agree some what with the idea that they are taking extra time to test the device on the network. It is going to ba a "Macdaddy" of berry so to speak. For the business WOman or the individual.

Were you talking about the CURVE or the INSTINCT? You said Instinct above but thought maybe you got it confused because we are talking about the curve. Just curious.
    05-02-08 03:42 PM
    ...For the business Man or business WOman or the individual.....

I was citing the instinct because on the sprint link I posted it states that to get the instinct you have to activate an SEP plan, where as above someone said it was ending in may, like th epromotion says itself.

However in the last paragraph I stated the curve being the "Mac Daddy" or "MacBerry" for that matter, it has the media functionality of the pearl and business friendlyness (less global-ness) of the 8830.

Hesse, the Architect of sprint has stated that they will no longer allow flawwed devices and services (something of this sort) to go out to the customers. If there is an issue on the berry rest assured it will be fixed before release.
    05-02-08 04:06 PM
    So far I have been rather impressed with what he has presented..
    Seems to have his you know what together..
    05-02-08 04:09 PM
2,942 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD