Are there any Companies with an 8330 that can be activated on Sprint? Like Telus, Bell, Alltel or Verizon?
    05-08-08 12:54 PM
    I'm checking outta the sCurve hood for now dudes and dudettes. Keep the home fire burning but no feakin' out. Hawk keep it pushin' home skillet. Kbizzle gotcho back in my absense. Peace out.
    05-08-08 12:54 PM
    I just got off the phone with those Sprint f***ers and the rep left me on hold for a few minutes and then said she spoke directly with the sales deparment and was told the 1st week of June. I'm lost for words at this point, I can't believe this bulls***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alright I called back because it was killing me and spoke with a male rep who stated they can not order the phone today but that it will be released tomorrow in red RED! I hate red, the only sku showing in their system is the SP 8330 RIMR.

When I asked about the launch date being firm he stated that previous to this it would show the date and say anticipated next to it. Todays "sheet" shows launch date 5/9 with nothing after it so its leading him to believe that the date is firm.

Now lets see if he calls me back at 6am as promised to place the order.
    05-08-08 12:55 PM
    My story;

Came to Sprint for the SEP, great deal! However i do want the curve, i have gotten very fond of the blackberries. I got the pearl and I am a big fan of the full qwerty. I was with verizon and cancelled my plan and took the hit on the cancellation fee. I still will come out ahead with the plan from Sprint in a few months time. With verizon I had the 8830, great phone but boy is that curve the BOMB.
    I had to leave sprint for my 30 days was up on the 6th of this month. Verizon was so nice to speak with as far as their CS. I spoke to the win back dept and got a everything voice, data added text(250 messages) all for $134 a month. Not the best deal but a good deal. I also got a $300 credit to be used how I see fit (new phone or billing). On top of that Lisa was kind to find me a curve and mail next day. Waive my cancellation fee and waive my activation fee.
    I can say I have the verizon curve on my desk as i write this. I really want to come back to SPRINT for two reasons.
    1. free nav,nope i don't need it but man it is cool to have.
    2. sprint tv, keeps my kids quiet when we are out. LOL
    Oh and of course i can save $34 a month.

Now i ask this. Is it really worth the wait or bail on false promises by alot of uninformed ppl?

That is my story and ty for letting me rant.

P.S. a 3rd party sprint/nextel store said she can order tomarrow and maybe get it overnited to me for Saturday. Lady if you can do it, you have my bussiness.
    05-08-08 12:55 PM
    Hey guys! The Curve just posted on our device current price list as "NEW" and they dont normally do this until the device is released or within a day or so.
    05-08-08 12:58 PM
    Here's the problem - on April 1 at the CTIA 2008 Sprint put out a press release stating they will introduce the Curve into their BB lineup later this month. When us on CB began to hear rumblings that the April release may not happen, there was a post (on Endgadget, or BGR can't remember for certain) questioning Sprint on a delay, they received a reply from Sprint Media Relations that the Curve will still launch by end of April. We all know how that went.
    Sprint - wake up and either get the phone out there or give customers an explanation whats going on and when we can expect it - You've lost 600k customers in the 4th quarter of 2007 and I have heard you expect to lose about 1 million more this quarter. Let's not mention you also wrote down the value of Nextel from 35 billion when you merged to now about 6 billion. I think your customer (myself included) deserve a little better than what you are giving us, or in this case not giving us.
    Very well said and I agree completely. About a hundred pages ago, I posted an opinion that the miscommunication was because "it's hard in a big company with subcons". Now however, it seems pretty pathetic to me as well.

Once they missed the "April 30 midnight in Samoa" deadline, they lost alot of credibility and have made it worse by apparently not communicating inside of Sprint either. If the original problem was actually in RIM's software, I could see why RIM would stay quiet, but Sprint's got more to lose since we're their customers. They could at least come out with something saying "to ensure the maximum user experience with the unique Sprint 8330 Curve, we are continuing our focused testing efforts because our customers deserve and expect the best performance. Our forecast for launch is May 9, 2008". Everything but the date might be complete BS, but at least it would be something. From what I've read at buzzaboutwireless, Sprint isn't even taking the opportunity to communicate to people reading their own funded user site.
    05-08-08 12:59 PM
    Fact: Sprint email to associates States Release is tomorrow May 9th (Subject to availability)

Fact: Hawk is awesome leave him ALONE!

Fact: Sprint Reps know nothing and could care less, but keep calling and asking as maybe some report somewhere records these ridiculous messages!

Fiction: Anything in June expect for the instinct.

Fiction: In stores to sell today.

Fiction: Verizon is worth the switch.
    05-08-08 01:00 PM
    Hey guys! The Curve just posted on our device current price list as "NEW" and they dont normally do this until the device is released or within a day or so.
    Cool...thank you for the update!
    05-08-08 01:05 PM
    To move conversation along here....

So now that we've all waited this long for the Curve and since we're inching closer to the release of the Instinct....what's making you all want to buy into the Curve?

For me...Keyboard....but I like the fact that the Instinct supports rev a and full html browsing....now if they only added a slide out keyboard to the Instinct...it would be the perfect phone...
    I have the 8300 now for work so for me, it's EVDO and getting back to one phone for everything. eBay posts for the 8300 and Treo 700p are already written/ready to post and I know what Curve apps I'm going to buy. Since it's the year two thousand wait, I'll turn my attention to a OS4.5, DocsToGo and SlingPlayer release schedules.
    05-08-08 01:07 PM
    Very well said and I agree completely. About a hundred pages ago, I posted an opinion that the miscommunication was because "it's hard in a big company with subcons". Now however, it seems pretty pathetic to me as well.

Once they missed the "April 30 midnight in Samoa" deadline, they lost alot of credibility and have made it worse by apparently not communicating inside of Sprint either. If the original problem was actually in RIM's software, I could see why RIM would stay quiet, but Sprint's got more to lose since we're their customers. They could at least come out with something saying "to ensure the maximum user experience with the unique Sprint 8330 Curve, we are continuing our focused testing efforts because our customers deserve and expect the best performance. Our forecast for launch is May 9, 2008". Everything but the date might be complete BS, but at least it would be something. From what I've read at buzzaboutwireless, Sprint isn't even taking the opportunity to communicate to people reading their own funded user site.
    Thanks for the feedback - and I agree with you just give us an explanation I don't even care if it's BS just something and find a way to get the info to your employees, vendors, etc. I can't believe that a company that is projecting subscriber losses of about 1.6 million in the past 6 months can be this arrogant, clueless, whatever.

Dan Hesse, you may be improving some things and I know this is not an overnight fix, but you got a lot further to go my friend.
    05-08-08 01:09 PM
    Is it the red 8330 showing both or titanium? Thanks for hanging in there and keeping us in the loop...
    05-08-08 01:15 PM
    Is it the red 8330 showing both or titanium? Thanks for hanging in there and keeping us in the loop...
    It is only showing one and that would be the Titanium. I believe that the SKU SP8330RIMR is a typo, because the black or titanium or whatever you want to call it is the only one releasing 5/9.
    05-08-08 01:19 PM

One more question, how does Brightpoint fit into this? Are the 8330s showing in brightpoint?
    05-08-08 01:20 PM
    Ok how about this.

Let’s give Sprint a chance to get all their ducks in a row, say 7pm Central.
    Between now and then we, “The Curve Army” rally our troops…

Pick 1 number to call, EVERYONE call that number.
    At the same time EVERYONE start a sales chat.
    Same time, EVERYONE email eCare.

Don’t try to order, just say something like “I hear the Curve is coming out this week, how and when do I order that to get it ASAP”

To rally the troops we post on every blog, forum, bathroom wall, call family, enemies whatever to get people to join the army and execute the call in.

I highly doubt the 100 or so of us will crash anything however it will make one heck of a statement.

What do you all think?
    05-08-08 01:23 PM
    One more question, how does Brightpoint fit into this? Are the 8330s showing in brightpoint?
    I dont have access to brightpoint...but I can tell you this it has to be releasing tomorrow or in the next couple days because they have also just posted the rebate/discount information that expires on June 14th so why would it come out in June.
    05-08-08 01:23 PM
    I'm checking outta the sCurve hood for now dudes and dudettes. Keep the home fire burning but no feakin' out. Hawk keep it pushin' home skillet. Kbizzle gotcho back in my absense. Peace out.
    what the?????

riiiiight, whatever you say homefry
    05-08-08 01:24 PM
    Let me shed some light on this one. Brightpoint is a distribution center that works with Sprint. An order is placed by Sprint to BlackBerry. Blackberry gets to phones together and ships to brightpoint. Brightpoint seperates the shipments and sends out to stores, corporate, kiosks....pretty much everywhere. Insted of Sprint using a shipping department they use brightpoint (basically when they say the warehouse them mean Brightpoint)
    05-08-08 01:26 PM
    Ok how about this.

Let�s give Sprint a chance to get all their ducks in a row, say 7pm Central.
    Between now and then we, �The Curve Army� rally our troops�

Don�t try to order, just say something like �I hear the Curve is coming out this week, how and when do I order that to get it ASAP�

To rally the troops we post on every blog, forum, bathroom wall, call family, enemies whatever to get people to join the army and execute the call in.

I highly doubt the 100 or so of us will crash anything however it will make one heck of a statement.

What do you all think?
    I think this is happening about 10 times a day whether it's planned or not
    05-08-08 01:26 PM
    what the?????

riiiiight, whatever you say homefry
    To translate...He is leaving the post. Hawk is awesome. Dont freak out over this stuff. Talk to you guys later.
    05-08-08 01:27 PM
    Ok how about this.

Don�t try to order, just say something like �I hear the Curve is coming out this week, how and when do I order that to get it ASAP�

What do you all think?

Beer,

I am in. LOL!!!
    05-08-08 01:28 PM
    Ok how about this.

What do you all think?

good idea, im in
    05-08-08 01:30 PM
    I dont have access to brightpoint...but I can tell you this it has to be releasing tomorrow or in the next couple days because they have also just posted the rebate/discount information that expires on June 14th so why would it come out in June.

Thanks hawk for taking the time, I sincerely appreciate it.
    05-08-08 01:32 PM
    Let me shed some light on this one. Brightpoint is a distribution center that works with Sprint. An order is placed by Sprint to BlackBerry. Blackberry gets to phones together and ships to brightpoint. Brightpoint seperates the shipments and sends out to stores, corporate, kiosks....pretty much everywhere. Insted of Sprint using a shipping department they use brightpoint (basically when they say the warehouse them mean Brightpoint)
    coo...thanks for your insite. I trying to figure out if that would be a cue that the 8330s are moving forward?
    05-08-08 01:34 PM
    Ok we need a good number for the army to use, we should all call the same number.

Any ideas? Should lead right to the reps, no menus
    05-08-08 01:35 PM
    Well, I went to 2 stores just a little bit ago. The first one says they don't know when its coming out. I tell them its suppose to be tomorrow then another guy jumps in and says it was suppose to be today but they did not receive any.

I went to the next store and they tell me that they are suppose to receive them today... I really didn't push the issue to see if they would sell today, but I will go back in later to see if they got them.

As for everyone calling telesales a bunch of times. They will have no clue as to whats going on so don't waste your time. The only department that I might trust and waste time calling is retentions.
    05-08-08 01:37 PM
2,942 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD