I am over Sprint. My contract is up for renewal and if tomorrow turns out to be another failed promise date, Verizon will be getting an old customer back. Who cares if it is a few bucks more a month? Atleast they know what is going on within their own company.
    05-08-08 11:42 AM
    We are going to be the first to have 4G technology which is faster than DSL.

we were going to be the first cdma carrier with a curve also...
    05-08-08 11:42 AM
    I am not contesting anyones information simply providing what I have to you all...I am not sure why stores are saying June, but there is no cause for panic yet because all of my systems still say 5/9. I am not saying it couldn't change, but don't go to Verizon yet. We are going to be the first to have 4G technology which is faster than DSL.
    Hawk, the average life span of a information provider in this forum is 2 days. You're now on life support. I would cease with the sharing of information, because most the users in this forum are from Missouri...THE SHOW ME STATE!

Truth will be once it's in the hand of someone that can provide proof!
    05-08-08 11:44 AM
    so what I am hearing is avoid this. I paid cash at the sprint store, how would retentions handle the exchange would I have to pay for the curve up front and then they would credit the account or how would that work?
    Go back to the store today to return the phone if you can. Or go back and speak with the rep in the store you purchased the phone from and strike a deal.
    05-08-08 11:45 AM
    So, then I can order tomorrow then?
    Can retention get me a phone now?
    This is silly considering the where so close, but I just want to get my phone ordered and the whole process rolling.

Anybody on the forum finally get an order placed?
    Telesales and online orders can be officially placed tomorrow and depending on shipping could be received by Saturday.
    05-08-08 11:45 AM
    we were going to be the first cdma carrier with a curve also...
    Huh
    05-08-08 11:46 AM
    I am not contesting anyones information simply providing what I have to you all...I am not sure why stores are saying June, but there is no cause for panic yet because all of my systems still say 5/9. I am not saying it couldn't change, but don't go to Verizon yet. We are going to be the first to have 4G technology which is faster than DSL.
    I think the frustrations people are beginning to feel are more to do with the lack of consideration from Sprint vs the 8330 itself. And this is what Sprint needs to avoid. The funny thing is that as an easier fix. "Press Release" with a firm date.
    05-08-08 11:46 AM
    Hawk, the average life span of a information provider in this forum is 2 days. You're now on life support. I would cease with the sharing of information, because most the users in this forum are from Missouri...THE SHOW ME STATE!

Truth will be once it's in the hand of someone that can provide proof!
    You must not be able to read very well...all I am doing is reading the updates off my computer screen.
    05-08-08 11:47 AM
    Noon central is 13 minutes away, the dude I spoke with last night in retentions told me that it would be available for order today noon central.

In 13 minutes I will be calling to see if I can order the phone with the information he provided.
    05-08-08 11:47 AM
    Please let it be true. I'm not up for another web watching party tonight
    05-08-08 11:52 AM
    I have become so sick with all this chatter it is crazy! Every Sprint rep has a different answer because either A. They have not read their Sprint email or B. They dont really care about their company!

Hawk is correct here guys...tomorrow is the day no matter what anyone says right now. The only thing is Sprint is leaving the subject to change thing open. This thread will probably be dead tomorrow night since everyone will be playing with their new precious!

Those thinking of switching to Verizon check out a prior post I set up. $1,385 over two year deal to switch with them.
    05-08-08 11:53 AM
    To move conversation along here....

So now that we've all waited this long for the Curve and since we're inching closer to the release of the Instinct....what's making you all want to buy into the Curve?

For me...Keyboard....but I like the fact that the Instinct supports rev a and full html browsing....now if they only added a slide out keyboard to the Instinct...it would be the perfect phone...
    I think the frustrations people are beginning to feel are more to do with the lack of consideration from Sprint vs the 8330 itself. And this is what Sprint needs to avoid. The funny thing is that as an easier fix. "Press Release" with a firm date.
    kboogie...you're absolutely correct. I'm sure everyone has done a part in making sure they provide the most accurate information along to everyone in this forum. But, the inconsistancy information is starting to get old. There shouldnt be any name calling or stone throwing because we're all pushing toward the same goal..to have the Curve ASAP. So, leave the political battle to Hillary and Obama. Let's work together!
    I have to say this look promising on the Sprint Technical Support and Customer Service site. Select Blackberry, then hit go, the sCurve shows up in the list of Blackberry devices.
    05-08-08 11:54 AM
    Noon central is 13 minutes away, the dude I spoke with last night in retentions told me that it would be available for order today noon central.

In 13 minutes I will be calling to see if I can order the phone with the information he provided.
    Please let us know if you have any luck or what their story is now.
    05-08-08 11:55 AM
    You must not be able to read very well...all I am doing is reading the updates off my computer screen.
    Thanks for all of the info, hawk! It is greatly appreciated. Atleast someone is keeping us updated to the best of their knowledge.
    05-08-08 11:57 AM
    Please let us know if you have any luck or what their story is now.
    2 minutes and counting, I'll post what I find out. Hopefully when I call back in I get a guy, the women reps seem to not be as helpful.
    05-08-08 11:57 AM

So now that we've all waited this long for the Curve and since we're inching closer to the release of the Instinct....what's making you all want to buy into the Curve?

For me...Keyboard....but I like the fact that the Instinct supports rev a and full html browsing....now if they only added a slide out keyboard to the Instinct...it would be the perfect phone...
    I've been a BB user for a few years now and the Instinct does look great but I agree that the lack of a keyboard turns me off.
    05-08-08 11:58 AM
    I just got off the phone with telesales, and they indicated that the 8330 will not be released till mid-June. I sure hope they are wrong with this date
    kboogie...you're absolutely correct. I'm sure everyone has done a part in making sure they provide the most accurate information along to everyone in this forum. But, the inconsistancy information is starting to get old. There shouldnt be any name calling or stone throwing because we're all pushing toward the same goal..to have the Curve ASAP. So, leave the political battle to Hillary and Obama. Let's work together!
    Thanks...we should see what the morning brings and reevaluate at that time. Until then lets keep others in the loop with as accurate information as possible.

the last couple samsung phones i had weren't that good. the lack of a key board. if it's supposed to compete with the iphone, then where is the massive space for storing mp3s and stuff? it seems like the concept of the instint is ok and will probably be great for most people, just not as practical as the blackberry. is it supposed to compatable with corporate e-mail server systems?
    05-08-08 11:59 AM
    I have become so sick with all this chatter it is crazy! Every Sprint rep has a different answer because either A. They have not read their Sprint email or B. They dont really care about their company!

Hawk is correct here guys...tomorrow is the day no matter what anyone says right now. The only thing is Sprint is leaving the subject to change thing open. This thread will probably be dead tomorrow night since everyone will be playing with their new precious!

Those thinking of switching to Verizon check out a prior post I set up. $1,385 over two year deal to switch with them.
    It would only cost me 20 bucks more a month to move to Verizon because I dont need GPS and such.... That comes to $480 over two years plus tax. Not to mention, even if it was thousands of dollars, I really wouldnt care. Atleast Verizon follows through. Just my opinion....
    05-08-08 12:00 PM
    Here's the problem - on April 1 at the CTIA 2008 Sprint put out a press release stating they will introduce the Curve into their BB lineup later this month. When us on CB began to hear rumblings that the April release may not happen, there was a post (on Endgadget, or BGR can't remember for certain) questioning Sprint on a delay, they received a reply from Sprint Media Relations that the Curve will still launch by end of April. We all know how that went. Now, tons of us (myself included) have pounded Sprint CS, Retention, email CS, chat, and everyone else we can think of to get the answer to 1 simple question - When? And we are all frustrated, angry, etc about getting answers of 5/7, 5/9, June, October, and what is the Curve?. I know communications in big corporations can be a mess(I used to work in one). However, not many CEO's like Dan Hesse have the guts to put themselves in a commercial and give an email address (albeit a generic email box). He knows Sprint has issues, we all know that. They are banking a lot on this $99 SEP plan and it's an awesome offer. They are also banking on not only the Curve, but all the other new phones they have coming out (Instinct). They put advertisements in newpapers last Sunday describing the Curve 'for the mom on the go' which is obviously an allusion to Mother's Day this Sunday. They are announcing earnings next week (which are not going to be too good). They could really use a silver lining by getting this BB out now and end all of this. There is no more wow factor I think as they got punked by Verizon releasing theirs early.

Sprint - wake up and either get the phone out there or give customers an explanation whats going on and when we can expect it - You've lost 600k customers in the 4th quarter of 2007 and I have heard you expect to lose about 1 million more this quarter. Let's not mention you also wrote down the value of Nextel from 35 billion when you merged to now about 6 billion. I think your customer (myself included) deserve a little better than what you are giving us, or in this case not giving us.
    05-08-08 12:00 PM
    Here's the problem - on April 1 at the CTIA 2008 Sprint put out a press release stating they will introduce the Curve into their BB lineup later this month. When us on CB began to hear rumblings that the April release may not happen, there was a post (on Endgadget, or BGR can't remember for certain) questioning Sprint on a delay, they received a reply from Sprint Media Relations that the Curve will still launch by end of April. We all know how that went. Now, tons of us (myself included) have pounded Sprint CS, Retention, email CS, chat, and everyone else we can think of to get the answer to 1 simple question - When? And we are all frustrated, angry, etc about getting answers of 5/7, 5/9, June, October, and what is the Curve?. I know communications in big corporations can be a mess(I used to work in one). However, not many CEO's like Dan Hesse have the guts to put themselves in a commercial and give an email address (albeit a generic email box). He knows Sprint has issues, we all know that. They are banking a lot on this $99 SEP plan and it's an awesome offer. They are also banking on not only the Curve, but all the other new phones they have coming out (Instinct). They put advertisements in newpapers last Sunday describing the Curve 'for the mom on the go' which is obviously an allusion to Mother's Day this Sunday. They are announcing earnings next week (which are not going to be too good). They could really use a silver lining by getting this BB out now and end all of this. There is no more wow factor I think as they got punked by Verizon releasing theirs early.

Sprint - wake up and either get the phone out there or give customers an explanation whats going on and when we can expect it - You've lost 600k customers in the 4th quarter of 2007 and I have heard you expect to lose about 1 million more this quarter. Let's not mention you also wrote down the value of Nextel from 35 billion when you merged to now about 6 billion. I think your customer (myself included) deserve a little better than what you are giving us, or in this case not giving us.
    good post
    05-08-08 12:03 PM
    touche touche
    05-08-08 12:06 PM
2,942 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD