So if we call or order online, what time would we have to do this? I'm in Hawaii (6 hours behind Eastern time).
    05-06-08 02:59 PM
    Sorry. I posted this today, but in response to an earlier reply. If we order online or call, what time would we have to do that? I'm in Hawaii (6 hours behind Eastern time).
    05-06-08 03:10 PM
    May 7th release date confirmed for both online and in stores. Stores should start receiving them via UPS today and tomorrow morning (prior to opening) for a May 7th purchse. Those of you who signed up for an email confirmation should start receiving this notification as early at 10pm Eastern Time.
    05-06-08 03:23 PM
    May 7th release date confirmed for both online and in stores. Stores should start receiving them via UPS today and tomorrow morning (prior to opening) for a May 7th purchse. Those of you who signed up for an email confirmation should start receiving this notification as early at 10pm Eastern Time.
    Will they be available earlier for online ordering?
    05-06-08 03:27 PM
    This is per blackberry tech support that the release date is late june or early july.

I just called them figuring they would have the best idea as to when it should be coming.

Now, I hope that they are wrong and it will be coming out tomorrow but I guess we will see.
    05-06-08 03:32 PM
    Now per telesales I was just told the middle of June...

Now how is it I can call 2 different departments and get almost the same release date but someother people say that the release date is tomorrow???

Called in again and talked to a different person and just asked right away when the BB 8330 would be avalible and she said mid June.
    Last edited by awayne; 05-06-08 at 03:41 PM.
    05-06-08 03:39 PM
    Will they be available earlier for online ordering?
    Unfortunately, there is no early release for special or pre-order sales.
    05-06-08 03:44 PM
    Telesales and Tech support are both out source support for Sprint. With that being said, there could be a delay in communication until the release is final.
    05-06-08 03:47 PM
    Where are you getting this information from?
    05-06-08 03:54 PM
    BBGEEKS is saying the 15th of May along with VZW.

More fuel for your fires.

Sprint, Verizon to get the Curve on May 15 | BB Geeks
    05-06-08 03:57 PM
    Brownberries = Dan Hesse
    05-06-08 03:58 PM
    now per retentions it IS showing a release date of May 7th but that is all. There was no other info that she had about it. She did say to call back into customer care tomorrow and see about an upgrade.... I guess we will see.
    05-06-08 04:04 PM

This cracks me up. What is their release date based on....it's all speculative...
    05-06-08 04:04 PM
    King...to your dismay you're not the only one with valued information. This information came/comes from Sprint's Sales and Distribution Department.

End of discussion on my part. You're more than happy to challenge this by yourself.
    05-06-08 04:05 PM
    I was told by Telesales also that it would be mid-June...but at the store they said tomorrow. *Sigh*....
    I know its bad when I went to the Cingular store last nite and played with theirs...can we say....OBSESSED?????
    05-06-08 04:10 PM
    April 20th, by the end of April, June 1st, May 7th, TBD whichever date you are given it all comes down to being a wait and see game.

I would much rather Sprint take care of all the problems they have found before releasing a substandard phone.
    05-06-08 04:13 PM
    I prefer to pretend that brownberries has the correct information. Then maybe I will be able to sleep better!!
    05-06-08 04:15 PM

Verizon decided to launch their device today! The 8330 is available online and in most major stores. The early push came this afternoon after Sprint's Offical Release of the Curve on tomorrow.
    05-06-08 04:18 PM

Interesting considering that VZW has already sold their vCurve, validated by the folks here on the forum who have posted pictures of their phone.
    05-06-08 04:18 PM
    I also called a CEO of a company that handles only business account in NY and FL and he told me that he got an email confirmation from Sprint today and also has talked with RIM and the curve will be coming out on May 10th and May 12th. I told him about the may 7th release date and he said he has not heard anything about that but the email that he received from Sprint today said May 10th.

Now the may 10th is for business customers and may 12th is for everyone else.
    05-06-08 04:20 PM
    Verizon decided to launch their device today! The 8330 is available online and in most major stores. The early push came this afternoon after Sprint's Offical Release of the Curve on tomorrow.
    Looks like it's another thumb in the eye for good 'ol Sprint. I love how VZW points out on the specs : "It is not Rev. A Upgradeable".

It's like they are telling us "don't even ask". How often do you see a company point out what a phone can't do on a spec sheet?
    05-06-08 04:21 PM
    Once again Verizon has beat Sprint to the point. Verizon even has the Curve on their site in its glory. I just don't know what Sprint has to do in order to get their act together.
    05-06-08 04:22 PM
    None received at any stores across the country, looks like a telesales and on-line launch tomorrow!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-08 04:22 PM
    This may be a stupid question...but what is "retentions?"
    05-06-08 04:23 PM
    I was told by retentions tomorrow as well and thanks for the info about Tech Support being out sourced now it all makes sense....

Verizon Curve is on the site and ready for purchase. I hope Sprint learns a lesson on this one!
    05-06-08 04:24 PM
2,942 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD