I am in an affillate market and they get the sprint phones 2 weeks after the regular sprint stores. They got word from Sprint that it would be mid June before they had them in the store.
    05-05-08 09:14 PM
    I love my BB Pearl but I am leaning toward trading it in for the Curve.. I am still within my 30 days up until the 24th of this month. I hope it comes out soon so I can get the chance to play with one and make a choice.
    05-05-08 09:24 PM
    what's the fuss about. didn't KING already say May 7th! end of discussion ; that's ONE day and some change away from now.
    05-05-08 09:30 PM
    what's the fuss about. didn't KING already say May 7th! end of discussion ; that's ONE day and some change away from now.
    lol, lol...fuss-what fuss?
    05-05-08 09:40 PM
    My neighbor owns over 30 sprint stores. He's obviously very connected within the company and serves on one of their committees. I've been asking him for weeks when it would come out and he had no good info from Sprint. He told me he got an e-mail today from Sprint saying they are shipping it on May 12th. He expects to have it available for sale on the 15th.
    05-05-08 09:48 PM
    My neighbor owns over 30 sprint stores. He's obviously very connected within the company and serves on one of their committees. I've been asking him for weeks when it would come out and he had no good info from Sprint. He told me he got an e-mail today from Sprint saying they are shipping it on May 12th. He expects to have it available for sale on the 15th.

To our friends that work with Sprint (or anyone)...is this normal for a non-corp store? Is it possible for corp stores to receive first and then other non-corp locations? Secondly at least this information is still around our predicted dates...
    05-05-08 10:05 PM
    Hasn't it already been said that Sprint doesn't have franchises. I will assume that your friend owns authorized retailers, that would get the phones after the corporate stores. Thus adding more support to the May 7th release date, if your friend is to be believed.
    05-05-08 10:06 PM
    When I got the Mogul, none of the Sprint stores had it and didnt know when they were getting it, but a 3P store did have it so I bought it.
    05-05-08 10:08 PM
    Hasn't it already been said that Sprint doesn't have franchises.
    That's right they only have authorized resellers and preferred dealers, they don't carry the Sprint name on the store itself. Kind of like Radio Shack or Best Buy or even Advanced Wireless.

If you all have noticed TheSprintStore.Net is no longer around, he's also taken his blog down. I'm putting money on it that Sprint forced him to shut down under threat of legal action and trade mark infringement, etc.
    05-05-08 10:16 PM
    Alright---back on topic....

if telesales is set for tomorrow I presume a sign is for sprint.com to be shut down again correct? whAt time to what time and eastern or central?
    05-05-08 10:27 PM
    It goes by pacific I was told.
    05-05-08 10:39 PM
    It goes by pacific I was told.

lol, lol, lol...i will be pissed if I stay-up and it doesbt appear on Sprint.com. Talk about depressing, I check on the mornings we predict and when there is no curve I am floored
    05-05-08 10:59 PM
    lol, lol, lol...i will be pissed if I stay-up and it doesbt appear on Sprint.com. Talk about depressing, I check on the mornings we predict and when there is no curve I am floored
    It was 1 am eastern time when the website went down last time. I feel you on the depressing. I don't know what's worse all the waiting for Sprint, knowing that alltel and verizon already have them, or the fact that I am emotionally attached to a cell phone.
    05-05-08 11:09 PM
    I'm in love with this phone if we all went running or did some type of physical activity before this curve we all will be and great shape.
    may 7 one more day if not I'm jumping off a building and landing on dan hesse car lol its not the serious

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 11:22 PM
    but a little birdie told me that in the sprint system its still read TBD but I have selective hearing and reading so I reading & hearing the 7

05-05-08 11:24 PM
    Now, I don't want to veer off course too much on this topic... But I'd really like to throw it out there for people who criticize Sprint's "inability to communicate information to its employees."

To give a context... I work for Hilton Hotels. I don't work IN a hotel, I work for a call center that takes reservations for them, here in So. California. I've worked here for three years. I've worked as a phone agent, I've worked in the Operations department, (real-time staffing, and the dispersal of center-related information) and most recently in the IT department.

I've seen the way information becomes disseminated from quite a few different viewpoints, and I have to say - it doesn't go out very easily. Now, it IS quite simple to send an e-mail out, to direct people about different products, updates, and otherwise. However, when you're working on a large scale and throughout an enterprise of various locations, as well as financial statistics to meet, there's almost no guarantee that people are going to get the message.

So, to put it in a context with my hotels as an example... My call center has ~450 employees who take phone calls. If I send an e-mail out trying to let them know that a phone line is down, and that the agents will not be able to call a specific hotel for whatever amount of time... I will get, at least, four reports from people AFTER I sent the message, stating that they were unable to call that hotel.

The first problem with getting info out are the employees themselves. If your only process for sending out information would be e-mail and press-releases, chances are 80% of the employees aren't going to read or see any of it. They might look for it at the time that the question is presented, but if they delete those "extra" e-mails or don't know how to search effectively, they will fail to receive the information. I mean, a lot of people just don't want to work, they don't truly care, or they've got 1 million other bad things going on in their life where they simply aren't able to focus on call #148.

Second problem is that the ability to MAKE SURE that people get the information is limited. The #1 goal of any call center is to be profitable. Or at least to not lose money. So, if they have a lot of calls, or they have to send a lot of people home because they need to work on a tighter operating budget, they're not going to be paying people to sit around and listen to all the new products that are coming out. In a world like cell phones, where the product life is less than a year, it's really hard to justify spending all that money on making sure each employee has a personal training on what the current products are.

Now, you can mix and match those two to whatever degree you need to for it to make sense, but it's simply quite a chore to get information to people in a reliable manner. I mean, if there really WERE problems with the software for the Curve, and if there ARE supply issues... Then there might not be any message to GIVE to people. A lot of the "inconsistency" we're getting from Sprint could quite possibly be attributed to phone-agents TRYING to find what information they can so they can give you an answer. They may find different details, and they might not find anything. They also don't have the ability to find every release, every post, and track every quote every other agent has cited. They are just regular people, trying to help you out with what information they can find.

They're not the Borg. They're not connected by some collective.

(Whew. That was a million times longer than I meant. But it REALLY bothers me when people get on the CS folks for their information.)
    05-05-08 11:27 PM
    but a little birdie told me that in the sprint system its still read TBD but I have selective hearing and reading so I reading & hearing the 7

That little birdie can't read! LOL!

I don't need any praise for posting the correct the release date, just passing on the truth to anxiously awaiting customers!
    05-05-08 11:48 PM
    thank you for the novell goodnight and let hope for 05/07/08

05-05-08 11:49 PM
    Anyone tempted to wait on the 9000? Looks pretty awesome!
    05-06-08 07:55 AM
    Anyone tempted to wait on the (insert link from above here) Looks pretty awesome!
    It looks cool however we need to wait for the GSM release...THEN...ONCE AGAIN... Wait for a CDMA release. So at least 1 year out?
    05-06-08 08:01 AM
    Anyone tempted to wait on the 9000? Looks pretty awesome!

Dont do this to me- I just got the Pearl 6 days ago (Sprint 8130) and I'm already asking myself if I'm going to ditch it for the Curve. With so many members here foaming at the mouth in anticipation of the Curve, I cant, for the life of me, imagine these same people saying, "Ya know- I'll just wait on the 9000!"
    05-06-08 08:06 AM
    You guys are not going to believe this, but guess who just ordered the 8330 from SPrint! That's right this guy! I gave up my 8830 two days ago for a stupid Palm, now I can get back into the wonderfull world of RIM!
    05-06-08 08:12 AM
    You guys are not going to believe this, but guess who just ordered the 8330 from SPrint! That's right this guy! I gave up my 8830 two days ago for a stupid Palm, now I can get back into the wonderfull world of RIM!
    Sure you did.
    05-06-08 08:15 AM
    Believe me or not. Called retention...lady said June 1st....then said hold on a second...release date is tommorrow, just got email...ok I see the information....I am putting an order in and will call you tommorow with exact price charged to your account. then she said you must be one of the first to get this because the email just came to us. Lucky me I guess!
    05-06-08 08:17 AM
    im on the phone with them now to try to order one. I'll let you know how it goes
    05-06-08 08:20 AM
2,942 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD