FYI - The sCurve will have full GPS support. It will be unlocked just like the 8830, 8130. Unfortunately it is ATT, TMob and Veriz that all have GPS problems (Verizon would be fine but its locked only for use by the VW Navigator).

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/cmastaticf...d16=curve_8330

Sprint | News Release: Sprint Bolsters Industry-Leading Blackberry Portfolio with Addition of the BlackBerry Curve 8330

There would be no reason to lock this all now especially with the amount of apps avail through sprint that take advantage of the GPS. Like GeoCache!!!!!

Edit: Also this is one of the big things sprint is pushing now with there devices is the wide variety of the GPS usage.

so by having the SEP...when I getmy 8330 will I have to purchase any other plan for gps nav or will it be ready to go once I activate my 8330. How will that work?
    05-02-08 10:34 PM
    so by having the SEP...when I getmy 8330 will I have to purchase any other plan for gps nav or will it be ready to go once I activate my 8330. How will that work?
    No - native GPS is supported, you will however get unlimited Sprint Navigation which is pretty handy. You do not need a special plan for the GPS like for BB Maps. However the maps are downloaded as needed from the web so you need to make sure and have a good data plan!
    05-02-08 10:36 PM
    No - native GPS is supported, you will however get unlimited Sprint Navigation which is pretty handy. You do not need a special plan for the GPS like for BB Maps. However the maps are downloaded as needed from the web so you need to make sure and have a good data plan!
    with sep, shouldnt have to worry about data...
    05-02-08 10:40 PM
    with sep, shouldnt have to worry about data...
    Bingo - SEP Simply Everything Plan - brought to us by Dan "the Architect" Hesse and sprint
    05-02-08 10:48 PM
    The Curve was delayed because of a software glitch that caused the phone to freeze after 7 minutes of using any data application causing the user to have to remove the battery to restart the phone. The Verizon edition of the Curve has the same problem which is why they have had to delay as well. " engadget "
    05-02-08 11:13 PM
    ya sprint get yer head outa yer ****. I talked to customer service this morning, 12:00pm, they said they dont know when they are expected to launch after the delay, I was told could be end of the year. My wife and I made the unfortunate mistake of buying Palm phones and have regretted it since. I have since repented and got myself an 8310 curve, it rocks. Now we have to get my wife into a blackberry but she uses Sprint which doesn't seem to have a good alternative ATM till that 8330 comes out. AAAAAUUUUGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!111
    05-02-08 11:17 PM
    Every Sprint Curve thread seems more and more depressing.. Then i switch to the verizon and alltel threads with people posting pics of their curve that they have already received.

When does the madness end sprint?
    05-02-08 11:42 PM
    Got this from CS today:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand that you wish to upgrade
    the handset on the account.

I am happy to inform you that Blackberry Curve 8330 will launched on May
    07, 2008.

You can upgrade your handset after May 07, 2008.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
    Dain M.
    Sprint
    05-03-08 12:17 AM
    If the sCurve is being released this coming week that what is with this bit of U-G-L-Y news:

Latest word from Sprint: "mid-May" for BlackBerry Curve - Engadget Mobile

I would classify that as "NO BUENO"
    05-03-08 12:48 AM
    quit calling it the 's'Curve!! it's redundant. it should already be known; and a given...that any talk of the Curve in this thread...IS the CURVE for SPRINT.

some people are like a herd of sheep; one person tags it as the 's'Curve...and people follow suit. heck; even i've caught myself referring to it as the 'sCurve'. so from now on, it's just the curve.

anyways...my money's on the Curve coming out May 7th.
    05-03-08 01:49 AM
    quit calling it the 's'Curve!! it's redundant. it should already be known; and a given...that any talk of the Curve in this thread...IS the CURVE for SPRINT.

some people are like a herd of sheep; one person tags it as the 's'Curve...and people follow suit. heck; even i've caught myself referring to it as the 'sCurve'. so from now on, it's just the curve.

anyways...my money's on the Curve coming out May 7th.

Just curious why May 7th? What brings you to that date? I thought Sprint releases on Sundays...
    05-03-08 07:28 AM
    I havent seen any proof that it will b eout on the seventh, how ever that doesnt mean it wont be. My money is that it wont come out until after the 12th, most likely when the instinct releases.

prove me wrong sprint!
    05-03-08 07:39 AM
    I havent seen any proof that it will b eout on the seventh, how ever that doesnt mean it wont be. My money is that it wont come out until after the 12th, most likely when the instinct releases.

prove me wrong sprint!
    I think the same thing. Unfortunately but fortunately, it will be that following Sunday. The question is if it releases on that Sunday does that mean it will be telesales on the 7th? Or telesales on the 12th
    05-03-08 07:51 AM
    would be the 12th...
    05-03-08 07:55 AM
    Has anyone been in the Alltel or VZW threads...talk about torture. Its like Christmas over there, you can feel their excitement, I am happy for them...

as for us...we shall see
    05-03-08 08:26 AM

prove me wrong sprint!
    I read somewhere (Engadget?) that the Instinct was coming out mid-June. Not that the Curve and Instinct compete with each other, but I want Sprint's attention on the Curve release in May - next week would be nice
    05-03-08 09:07 AM
    I was told in email yesterday May 7 now this is saying May 15th.
    This from phonenews.com
    Sprint and Verizon BlackBerry Curve Now Delayed to May 15th

* Written by Humberto Saabedra on May 2, 2008
    * BlackBerry (RIM), CDMA2000, EV-DO, Sprint, Verizon

Sprint and Verizon have begun circulating internal memos stating that the launch of the respective versions of the BlackBerry Pearl have been pushed back due to software issues, contradicting Sprint’s earlier response stating an April launch was still on track and delaying Verizon’s expected launch on May 9th.

The problem has been pinpointed to a bug in firmware that causes the device to freeze and lock up after using data-intensive applications after only seven minutes of use, though it is not known if the Alltel version suffers from the same bug despite having identical hardware and software to both forthcoming versions on the aforementioned carriers.
    05-03-08 09:16 AM
    That is incorrect for Verizon. Everything is on course for may 9th and 12th for verizon. and also others have their curve from verizon......
    05-03-08 09:21 AM
    I was told by the Upstate New York rep from Sprint that the 8330 will be here "at the end of the month or early June"..whatever that means!
    05-03-08 09:45 AM
    Just curious why May 7th? What brings you to that date? I thought Sprint releases on Sundays...
    I spoke with a Sprint Customer Care Rep and this is what he reported to me:

05/02/2008 03:24:49PM Agent (Brent): "Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Brent. How may I assist you today?"

05/02/2008 03:25:20PM Brittany: "Hello. I'm interested in knowing the some information about the Blackberry 8330 Curve that Sprint will be releasing"

05/02/2008 03:25:44PM Brittany: "I've heard that it will be released on May 7 and then I heard June 1"

05/02/2008 03:26:26PM Brittany: "Do you know which one of these dates is accurate?"

05/02/2008 03:26:27PM Agent (Brent): "Should be May 7th."

Grant I don't like the fact that he answered me with "Should be..." but at least have it in writing. I'm just ready get my Curve! I've been waiting too long for this and I will not allow Sprint to mess it up!
    05-03-08 09:51 AM
    The curve should definitely be released mid may as Sprint reported yesterday on their site "buzzaboutwireless.com." Seeing we keep hearing may 7th and Sprint says middle of may, we can be confident it will release between may 7---may 12. In any event, it should go down in this time frame...
    05-03-08 10:18 AM
    I was told by the Upstate New York rep from Sprint that the 8330 will be here "at the end of the month or early June"..whatever that means!
    I keep getting told in albany area sometime in June, or they dont know...

Also I am not saying that the curve would compete with the Instinct but that they would release them at the same time to badger the IPhone 2 release. Also note they dont care about the curve being released as much as the instinct. So unfortunately were kind of screwwed.
    05-03-08 10:21 AM
    The curve should definitely be released mid may as Sprint reported yesterday on their site "buzzaboutwireless.com." Seeing we keep hearing may 7th and Sprint says middle of may, we can be confident it will release between may 7---may 12. In any event, it should go down in this time frame...
    I didnt know they made an announcement! SAWEET!

At this point I would say may 7th would be a long shot, I would say that they would release either the 12th or the 19th if they actually follow-through.

EDIT**** I cannot find a release on the 8330 on there buzzaboutwireless.com website. Anyone have a link?
    Last edited by CTLAdvance; 05-03-08 at 10:27 AM.
    05-03-08 10:24 AM

At this point I would say may 7th would be a long shot, I would say that they would release either the 12th or the 19th if they actually follow-through.
    yeah thats pretty cool!! Given that news, its safe to say they are ready to release soon. If I were forced to name a date....5/7. I feel confident to go ahead and order all my accessories. Have you (or anyone who is reading this) seen any sites or places that have "8330" any accessories?
    05-03-08 10:32 AM

EDIT**** I cannot find a release on the 8330 on there buzzaboutwireless.com website. Anyone have a link?

Try this the email several people received yesterday from Sprint ....

Please be aware Sprint has revised its launch schedule for this device. An official statement has been posted on our Buzz About Wireless user site. This can be viewed at
    baw - BlackBerry Curve Launch Date - BlackBerry Smart Phones - Buzz About Wireless
    05-03-08 10:36 AM
2,942 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD