Hey everyone,

After having issues with my pearl, retention department told me I could upgrade to any phone I wanted at the local telus store and that she was going to put it on the account as long as I agreed to another 3 year.

I am trusting her because she spent over an hour trying to trouble shoot my annoying GPS issue and even she said it was hopeless.

Does this mean I get a new phone but have to pay the difference on the 3 year price? She also said any phone but kept mentioning the curve word a lot which I don't think will fix ye ol GPS issue, if anything, make it worse.

Any comments/suggestions on making this go easier would be great. Oh, curve users, is it really a horrible phone or no ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Janye; 02-10-09 at 06:47 PM. Reason: missed a line
    02-10-09 06:46 PM
    I also had a problem with my old phone.. So they offered me $400 Of any Blackberry as long as I signed a 3 year contract. I got the Storm for $199 and a great
    rate plan. If u have an online account with Telus u can go under MY OFFERS and it will tell u what amount u can get off a phone. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 08:52 PM
    Hi,

I go under my offers and nothing is really showing that I could click which now worries me Loads are there but nothing I can choose ?

Did she lie to me ?
    02-10-09 09:03 PM
    Available Offers
    You do not have permission to redeem this offer.

and then it shows this below it

3 Year Service Agreement
    Offer Expires: April 15, 2009
    $100 Discount on a Phone or Data Device
    Offer Expires: May 11, 2009
    $500 Discount on a Phone
    $0 Data Device (*Subject to promotional minimum data & voice plan requirements.)

This is all bolded and have expiry dates

Last edited by Janye; 02-10-09 at 09:29 PM. Reason: had to add a sentence.
    02-10-09 09:06 PM
    I've never been able to redeem anything online, I've always had to call in to redeem ANYTHING.
    02-10-09 09:32 PM
    What about going to the store ?

Thats what she told me to do tomorrow.
    02-10-09 10:07 PM
    Same with mine, I went to a TELUS Corp store and I did everything there. Your offers are there so don’t worry but I would go before it expires.
    02-10-09 10:21 PM
    Going tomorrow

Does 0 dollar on a data phone include any blackberry I want ? Like if I wanted a storm or a curve would I have to pay for it ?
    02-10-09 10:25 PM
    My offer specificaly said Blackberry, but if that's what you want call them back and ask.
    02-10-09 10:51 PM
    Click on the manage account option in mytelusmobility and make sure the account that shows N/A is selected, if this is selected you should be able to select the offers.
    02-11-09 03:42 PM
    Just an update...

I got to the store and picked up my storm no issues and only a 20$ xfer fee exchange of handsets.

I have to say, I find the rep I dealt with last night amazing. After tech support and customer care could do nothing for me, the lady in L&R spent an hour and a half trying to trouble shoot my phone. I was wondering if there was somewhere I could write a letter to ?
    02-11-09 04:54 PM
    One of the L&R reps gave me the info a while back but I have no clue where it is. Check the web site. I'm happy everything worked out, enjoy your phone! I LOVE mine even with it's bugs
    02-11-09 07:33 PM
    Yea I got a free storm for renewing, despite the bugs I still love it.
    02-14-09 12:38 AM
    I guess the thing that made me skeptical is that I was only 9 months into a 3 yr contract. I guess they really wanted to keep me happy.
    02-14-09 09:45 PM
    It is hit and miss sometime you can renew really early, that is what I am hoping for later this year. Want the CDMA Bold if it is ever announced and makes it to market.
    02-15-09 10:27 AM
    I emailed customer care and they told me that they will contact "Bree" and her manager to let her know. I am very glad. She did go above and beyond. When I was with Robbers, I would just be transferred from person to person. Once I got up to 17 people !
    02-16-09 08:55 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what sort of issues were you having with the GPS?

02-23-09 08:54 AM
    It would not work in BB maps or Google Maps. After an hour and a half with tech support, 20 mins with customer care and an hour and a half with the retention lady she gave up and told me to get whatever I wanted.
    02-24-09 06:22 PM
    Consider yourself lucky. I had issues with my GPS, Audio Port and Camera. They replaced for the camera, wouldn't for the GPS and have told me they will now replace for the audio port but it's been coming up two weeks and still no replacement curve.

I've had Telus ever since Cellular was out with them, and now my wife and 2 daughters also have Telus cells. The Loyalty Team told me "forget it, we don't owe you anything" (yes that was a direct quote) when I asked about upgrading to a storm after 1 year into my three year contract, even though I said I would agree to a new 3 year contract and pay the price of the phone on a 3 year contract.

I'm no sure who I PO'ed with my loyalty but I guess in the Calgary area they don't feel the need to compete.

Mike.

03-02-09 11:37 PM
    Well, in the end with my adventures, I got a new Curve, and $400 discount on any new BlackBerry device if I decided that the Curve isn't right for me anymore.
    03-03-09 11:33 AM
    Well, in the end with my adventures, I got a new Curve, and $400 discount on any new BlackBerry device if I decided that the Curve isn't right for me anymore.
    Man, will you negotiate for me?

Mike
    03-03-09 11:43 AM
    Wow, you got pretty lucky. I was told that they do not support any GPS issues other than the ones with TELUS navigator.

Luckily for me, Crackberry came to the rescue and someone figured out how to unlock the GPS on TELUS and its worked amazing since then.
    03-03-09 12:30 PM
    That being said, I had to replace my storm and the screen feels "crunchy"

Like when I press on it, it feels different than my other one
    03-14-09 08:23 PM
    I had same issue
    03-21-09 08:40 PM
    I have not done anything about it yet. It's useable, but heck does it ever feel different. I am sure Telus would order a refurb but GAH! I don't want a refurb. I wanted a new phone, not N2U.

That being said, I am curious if the refurbs are better.
    03-21-09 09:30 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD