Big THANK YOU to Jmotl, I applied his instructions to my Verizon branded 8703e and I now have full data, BB mesenger, Facebook, and EVDO speed after being told numerous times by unhelpful Alltel staff that "it simply could not be done, it was absolutely impossible, sorry we can't (won't) help you."

Did not even need qxdm. Just fixed the reg. ID and mdm address, which got my facebook and BB messenger working immediately, then a helpful Alltel rep who noted my phone model and "pushed the button" that put me into the BB data stream which enabled my web browser.

By the way, another thing I found to be cool was the rep advised me to stay with a national freedom plan and add the $20 unlimited data package rather than go with a tethering/BB plan...this saves me a buttload of money and he swore up and down I would incur no extra data charges...we'll see about that...as of now I have 5 My Circles, 750 anytime, unlimited N/WKNDS/MTM, **unlimited data**, email, and texts for $69.99 plus tax.

Thanks everyone for this great forum.
    03-10-09 05:29 PM
    Big THANK YOU to Jmotl, I applied his instructions to my Verizon branded 8703e and I now have full data, BB mesenger, Facebook, and EVDO speed after being told numerous times by unhelpful Alltel staff that "it simply could not be done, it was absolutely impossible, sorry we can't (won't) help you."

Did not even need qxdm. Just fixed the reg. ID and mdm address, which got my facebook and BB messenger working immediately, then a helpful Alltel rep who noted my phone model and "pushed the button" that put me into the BB data stream which enabled my web browser.

By the way, another thing I found to be cool was the rep advised me to stay with a national freedom plan and add the $20 unlimited data package rather than go with a tethering/BB plan...this saves me a buttload of money and he swore up and down I would incur no extra data charges...we'll see about that...as of now I have 5 My Circles, 750 anytime, unlimited N/WKNDS/MTM, **unlimited data**, email, and texts for $69.99 plus tax.

Thanks everyone for this great forum.
    I got my 8703e from my job. I want to get Facebook(mobile?) on it. Can someone help me? Is it possible? I'Ve tried to D/L it but it fails.
    Thanks for any help
    03-10-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD