Sprint Users can text their zip code to 62262 and will receive campaign updates...as far as I can see the only charges that apply are the standard text charges. I'm not sure if it will work fo other carriers but maybe worth a shot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 11:29 PM
    Nice! Thanks for the info... seemed to work for me. I replied with "Y" like it said, but no confirmation after that. We will see though... I imagine it worked.

Just got the confirmation... saweet!
    08-27-08 01:48 PM
    Be careful with this thread guys. When politics come into play, it has the potential to turn ugly. Good luck!!

08-27-08 01:55 PM
    Can anyone confirm this is ligit? I want to try it but don't want to get a bunch of spam texts about something unrelated.

08-27-08 01:59 PM
    Can anyone confirm this is ligit? I want to try it but don't want to get a bunch of spam texts about something unrelated.

It's legit... I can say it works and I also checked his campaign site:

Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | Home

Be careful with this thread guys. When politics come into play, it has the potential to turn ugly. Good luck!!

Yeah, politics can be dangerous subject on any forum Hopefully people understand this was just a tip for Obama supporters and not a "debate".
    08-27-08 05:09 PM
    ... go to the source

www .barackobama .com /mobilev2

Join the Movement
    Sign up to the right to receive text messages on your phone or text GO to OBAMA (62262).

By signing up, you can expect periodic updates from the campaign as well as advance notice about local Obama events and important updates about Barack's public appearances. We value your privacy and will not share your information outside the campaign.

Txt STOP to quit, HELP for help or call 877-822-5093. Standard service charges may apply.

For high-volume text users (once every few days) Follow Barack's updates and schedule on Twitter, a text messaging social network. Simply text FOLLOW BARACKOBAMA to 40404. For more information on Twitter visit: www .twitter .com /barackobama (This service is separate from Obama Mobile)

To receive specific issue updates, text
    HEALTH to OBAMA (62262) healthcare policy updates
    EDUCATION to OBAMA (62262) education policy updates
    IRAQ to OBAMA (62262) updates on bringing our troops home
    JOBS to OBAMA (62262) economic policy updates
    REFORM to OBAMA (62262) updates on cleaning up Washington & taking on special interests
    08-27-08 05:09 PM
    I would like it if I didn't have to hear about BHO in this forum. Just my two cents worth.

08-27-08 05:22 PM
    I would like it if I didn't have to hear about BHO in this forum. Just my two cents worth.

You might need to re-read the original post. The original poster just wanted to know if Sprint would have extra charges for this, they were not campaigning for any campaign, McCain or Obama.

There are a lot of post, I don't want to read about in other forums but I don't post in every single forum, I don't like that I don't want to hear about this, just don't respond to the post.

But to answer the OP question, there aren't additional charges. Sprint just counts it as a text sent and/or received.
    08-29-08 10:49 AM
    Make it four cents with my contribution.
    08-29-08 03:47 PM
    You might need to re-read the original post. The original poster just wanted to know if Sprint would have extra charges for this, they were not campaigning for any campaign, McCain or Obama.
    That is not even remotely close to the actual words OR intent of the post.

May I suggest that "you" re-read the post?

Make it 6 cents!
    08-29-08 06:43 PM
    That is not even remotely close to the actual words OR intent of the post.

May I suggest that "you" re-read the post?

Make it 6 cents!
    8 cents!!!! more?
    08-29-08 09:03 PM
    -2 cents

The thread title does include "Obama". You have the option to not read or even post about this topic if you choose. Especially if this is only your 1st or 5th post in the entire forum!! Its like the only reason you are here is to complain about politics.
    08-30-08 11:07 AM
    8 cents!!!! more?
    -2 more cents...

Simply read the posts that DO interest you, and don't bother to be a child whining 'bout something that doesn't suit your particular tastes or opinions... just pass the post, w/o being obnoxious...

A forum is for information sharing... that's what the OP was doing. If you don't want that info - don't read it, or access the link proffered in the post.
    08-30-08 11:23 AM
    What's it up to now, ten cents?

Leave him off this site plz?
    08-30-08 05:01 PM
    My intent was to simply share information...not force feed anyone my opinions or start a debate.

08-30-08 05:10 PM
    My intent was to simply share information...not force feed anyone my opinions or start a debate.

lol, no worries man... this was bound to happen no matter what. There are always going to be those "special" people out there
    08-31-08 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD