I am being forced to go to a Smart phone (read Blackberry) for work. I will need corporate email and web browsing capability. Since I have to pay the bill I want to know how is Sprint in NYC and Long Island.
    12-15-09 10:42 PM
    I really need feed back from Sprint users about the coverage in the NYC Long Island area. My living will depend on being able to reach my clients and office instantly. I am in the real estate business and in today's market instant communication is a MUST. Please give me genuine feed back about Sprint in NYC and Long Island.

Thanks
    12-16-09 07:57 AM
    What the h e l l do you think my post was? A lie? I live in NYC and have had Sprint for 7 years. I've always had great coverage, no dead spots or issues at all. I don't know how much more genuine I can be. Your response was pretty damn insulting. Don't ask for feedback and then brush it off when you get it!
    My My did you get up on the wrong side of the bed? I asked for feed back and you were the only one that took the time to reply and I thank you for that. My request for additional info was a request for more people to chime in with an answer. Try a decalf and relax.
    12-16-09 08:29 AM
    Been using Sprint for 9 years, with no problem in NYC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 08:54 AM
    My My did you get up on the wrong side of the bed? I asked for feed back and you were the only one that took the time to reply and I thank you for that. My request for additional info was a request for more people to chime in with an answer. Try a decalf and relax.
    lol at this.. but you did reply half asshhish .. be nicer
    12-16-09 09:03 AM
    Another 1 for NYC, service is great wherever i go
    12-16-09 09:07 AM
    I work in downtown Manhattan and I always have a great Sprint signal!
    12-16-09 09:32 AM
    great reception in NYC, and i frequent long island alot and i have great service there too. i have been in many places in nassau, westbury, hicksville,franklin square, merrick, seaford, freeport. and some in suffolk cnty shirley, east yaphank, smithtown and no issues there either. i dont know where in LI your going to be but everywhere i have been to or even drove threw i never had coverage issues.
    12-16-09 12:34 PM
    Sprint's coverage in NYC is excellent. Works everywhere (sometimes even in the subway). The only place I had difficulty was in my former office on the 68th floor of the Empire State Building, but AT&T and Verizon were both awful up there too (Sprint actually worked best of the 3, and I think poor service is just unavoidable that high up...same issues with multiple services on the 72nd floor of the Trump tower). Other than that, I consistently have service when others do not (i.e., elevators, other random spots). I have also had excellent service in Long Island (Syosset, Old Westbury, Hamptons, and along the train ride back and forth). My phone almost never roams, call quality is excellent, and data is fast. I consistently get annoyed that Sprint seems to get new BlackBerrys after other providers, but I stick with them because the service is so consistent. Sprint's customer service earned it a bad rep, and somehow people tend to view it as being "behind" AT&T and Verizon, but my experience is just the opposite.
    12-16-09 02:23 PM
    Thanks to all of you that have replied. You have made the choice for me easy and I will be going with Sprint.
    12-16-09 04:21 PM
    I'll back what everyone else said. I work in the city and always have great service. The only time I don't is on the lower level of Grand Central, and in the Subways. I also used to frequently travel between Westchester and Long Island (out to Seaford area) and never noticed any signal problems.
    12-16-09 04:24 PM
    I've been with Nextel for 9 years. Coverage in NYC is great. I Live in BK and work in the BX. No issues anywhere.
    12-16-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD