I'm on the T-Mobile "Loyalty" plan. I have more than a year left on my contract. T-Mobile has been good to me but..

T-Mobile holiday gift: Aggressive unlimited prepaid plans | Crave - CNET

I think the days of contracts (or should I say years) are a thing of the past.
    Last edited by mnmnmn; 11-21-09 at 01:30 AM.
    11-21-09 01:25 AM
    Are you hinting of leaving or suggestion that contracts will soon be a thing of the past????

More detailz plskthx!
    11-21-09 08:54 AM
    I just read the article. So the people have more options now with TMO. I think my mom belongs with T-Mobile Complete since all I need for her is TALK. LOL It would be even better if it was unlimited everything. I mean, I can buy a Boost Mobile device and get unlimited talk, text, web, and walkie-talkie(not that I care for it) for $50. The device selection stinks though.
    11-21-09 09:17 AM
    It says that you can't BYO phone or get these plans online from T-Mobile...only at retail stores.

That kind of stinks...
    11-21-09 12:12 PM
    It says that you can't BYO phone or get these plans online from T-Mobile...only at retail stores.

That kind of stinks...
    Can't BYO yet, but does not keep you from using your own phone after the fact. I'm pretty sure there will be an option for BYO, sometime after the holidays. Right now it's all about putting shiny things in people's hot little hands for Christmas.
    11-21-09 03:23 PM
    I just don't see how TMO is suppose to compete with carriers like Boost Mobile that offer more for $50. $50 for just unlimited talk but no text or web. I'm sure people are gonna jump on that 8520 for $80 a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 03:47 PM
    Boost doesn't have BIS for bb right? Or am I missing something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 04:08 PM
    Boost doesn't have BIS for bb right? Or am I missing something.
    I believe you are right. I do not believe Boost or Metro PCS has BIS.
    11-21-09 04:20 PM
    Very strange deal. I guess we'll be reading more about it if people actually go for it. Wonder why its only for a limited selection of phones?
    11-21-09 04:51 PM
    With the exception of the low end $50 one mentioned, the plans are identical to the EM+ plans already, for which you can bring your own device. Not sure what the buzz is about.

Also, for what it's worth, the article confuses the T229 and T239
    11-21-09 05:50 PM
    I believe you are right. I do not believe Boost or Metro PCS has BIS.
    Actually, Metro PCS has BIS. They offer Blackberries to use on their network. As you said though, Boost doesn't have BIS. The only way to get BB working on Boost is to hack a nextel berry to work on the network. It's really sketchy, no BIS, and most things don't work...

Regardless, I think this is pretty cool. Prepaid people can now get Blackberries and get data for them...as well as other smartphones (like iPhones), am I right? Especially if you can BYO phone.

Before, you could only get prepaid data on Sidekicks but now you can do it on other phones...
    11-21-09 07:03 PM
    Actually, Metro PCS has BIS.
    LOL. I believe you but I have a friend who went into a Metro PCS store a couple of months ago looking to get a better deal than AT&T whom she has now. Of course my friend is a big BlackBerry nut and she needs BIS. When she got into the Metro store and inquired about moving over from AT&T, the Metro sales people told her that they couldn't recommend their service to support BlackBerry.

I assumed, based on this report from my friend, that Metro didn't support BIS. I guess they have it but don't think too highly of their own BIS offering.

I really couldn't imagine running a BlackBerry on anyone other than T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint or AT&T (and yes in that specific order).
    11-21-09 08:09 PM
    I know someone who had MetroPCS (not for smartphone though) and told me that he had difficulty with texts and reception in general. I agree, they do offer BIS, but it's probably not that good at all.
    11-21-09 08:20 PM
    LOL. I believe you but I have a friend who went into a Metro PCS store a couple of months ago looking to get a better deal than AT&T whom she has now. Of course my friend is a big BlackBerry nut and she needs BIS. When she got into the Metro store and inquired about moving over from AT&T, the Metro sales people told her that they couldn't recommend their service to support BlackBerry.

I assumed, based on this report from my friend, that Metro didn't support BIS. I guess they have it but don't think too highly of their own BIS offering.

I really couldn't imagine running a BlackBerry on anyone other than T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint or AT&T (and yes in that specific order).
    I know this is off topic, but why is there suddenly a Metro PCS store every 5 blocks from each other here in L.A? Is it just the cheap plans? Or that people go in and pay cash for their bills?
    11-21-09 09:26 PM
    I know this is off topic, but why is there suddenly a Metro PCS store every 5 blocks from each other here in L.A? Is it just the cheap plans? Or that people go in and pay cash for their bills?
    I can think of only one in Santa Monica and I think they just closed that store. It was on Wilshire. Seems the last time I drove past it, they had closed it.
    11-21-09 09:44 PM
    With the exception of the low end $50 one mentioned, the plans are identical to the EM+ plans already, for which you can bring your own device. Not sure what the buzz is about.

Also, for what it's worth, the article confuses the T229 and T239
    That's what I don't get either about this new deal. Why buy those particular phones full price to get the same deal as the EM+? Especially the Curve.

I think its all about selling bundled plans. Not as many options as we used to have with the individual plan pricing.
    11-21-09 10:05 PM
    someone else posted here they bought their phone at wal mart and got a plan tmo wont hold up too sounds fishy

sorry any deal that says "cant get it at tmo or online" sounds like a scam in the long run
    11-21-09 10:18 PM
    Here in Vegas, there is a MetroPCS/Cricket/Boost store every block almost. I would love to say that it creates competition, but I see so few people that are happy with their service with those carriers, cheap or not. MetroPCS is by far the worst from what I hear. Affordable is great, but I have tons of people telling me it's almost unusable
    11-21-09 10:50 PM
    I'll have to remember that you are in Vegas. I was just there last weekend.
    11-21-09 11:11 PM
    Hey, why not stop by my store? Heh. Not quite sure what for, other than to say hi, but still

I'm not in a convenient location to the Strip or Downtown, but if you're coming from LA I'm sure you have a car. If all goes well I may start dealing Blackjack soon.
    11-21-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD