So I just recently moved to a new area, only to discover that T Mobile didn't have any coverage here whatsoever. So I called in and they agreed to cancel my service without the termination fee which was good but of course it was under the condition that I could provide valid picture ID with my current address. That of course took a couple of weeks to get once I moved here, meanwhile I am sitting here with no service and my berry is nothing more than a very expensive phonebook/calculator. After the cancellation finally took place they send me my "final bill" and of course it's prorated but still I wasn't able to use my phone, no calls, text messages, data was sent or received. I call them up and make this point and they are still making me pay because the service was "available" to me. I think its ridiculous because basically they are charging me for making no calls, no data,no text messages. Right now I am pissed, its ridiculous and the lady on the phone was bitchy which has never happened with T Mobile customer service. I was going to consider going back with them at a later date if I ever should move into coverage area again but I think not, now...
    07-14-08 06:37 PM
    Sorry for your poor experience!!

I would call and talk to another CS rep, then explain you signed up for TMo and now moved and have no service and would like to cancel your service and have the charges for the month dropped since you made no calls, txts, etc!!

The best thing you can do is try again and make sure you bring up the fact that you moved!! Otherwise they will just think you are irresponsible!
    07-14-08 06:41 PM
    Thanks that is what I was gonna try...
    07-14-08 06:42 PM
    So I just recently moved to a new area, only to discover that T Mobile didn't have any coverage here
    Out of curiosity, where exactly is this city with no coverage?

You appear to live in the South. att is rated as the poorest service carrier in the South.

What city is this you are in again?
    07-15-08 01:05 PM
    Savannah TN....Its just a little north of the Alabama/Mississippi borders...the only carriers that have service in this area are AT&T and Verizon....Yes I live in the middle of nowhere....
    07-15-08 03:43 PM
    Savannah TN....Its just a little north of the Alabama/Mississippi borders...the only carriers that have service in this area are AT&T and Verizon....Yes I live in the middle of nowhere....
    If you were aware that ATT and VZW were the only carriers with good coverage in your area... it really makes me wonder why you chose TMobile. And there is a coverage chart on TMobile's website, but it seems you are already knowledgeable about the coverage in your area.

That brings me to wonder why you would go with a carrier that has no coverage! As much as I love TMo... coverage is important. With no coverage, there is no question...
    07-15-08 03:54 PM
    He was probably with Tmo before moving to the new place...
    07-15-08 04:03 PM
    If I had to choose between Verizon and AT&T.... I would definitely choose Verizon!
    Last edited by Queen4111; 07-15-08 at 05:17 PM.
    07-15-08 05:06 PM
    If you were aware that ATT and VZW were the only carriers with good coverage in your area... it really makes me wonder why you chose TMobile. And there is a coverage chart on TMobile's website, but it seems you are already knowledgeable about the coverage in your area.

That brings me to wonder why you would go with a carrier that has no coverage! As much as I love TMo... coverage is important. With no coverage, there is no question...
    Like I said I jusy recently moved before this I lived in Southern California where I had excellent coverage...I moved here and then no coverage...
    07-15-08 05:27 PM
    Like I said I jusy recently moved before this I lived in Southern California where I had excellent coverage...I moved here and then no coverage...
    We'll miss you here in SoCal and yes TMo's coverage here is excellent.

No cell carrier is going to be perfect everywhere. I responded recently in a similar type post that if some obscure carrier offers service in an office building where you spend most of your day, you'd be hard pressed not to consider using that carrier particularly if the major carriers didn't match the coverage. When it comes to cell coverage, you gotta do what you gotta do when it comes to what works for you.

I do believe it's a bit harsh to post that TMo is all of a sudden terrible when they have provided excellent service to you and you made the decision to move to what appears to be an extremely rural area where perhaps their service isn't as good as other options.

As you well know, you could move from Tennessee to Southern California and be hard pressed to get call connectivity on Los Angeles' biggest street Wilshire Boulevard where a string and a tin can are certainly more productive than att's poor service.

I'm with our friend Mr. McClure on this one. I think you'd do well to ask to escalate this to a senior TMo manager or even call TMo's head office (800.937.8997) and explain your delima. I'd go easy on the threats to never use them again and just be nice about explaining your situation.

You'd be surprised how cooperative some companies can be. I used to work for a company who would bend over backwards for most people. But the minute a customer threatened to see a lawyer, all cooperation stopped.

TMo isn't unreasonable. It you aren't unreasonable, you might be surprised where you might get. Telling them they suck after years of good service isn't going to get off on the right foot though.

Best of luck.
    07-15-08 06:25 PM
    If I had to choose between Verizon and AT&T.... I would definitely choose Verizon!
    You're a smart lady.
    07-15-08 06:28 PM
    What's still missing: The consensus is that the iPhone still has some significant deficiencies.

No voice dialing
    No video recording
    A limited camera
    No memory-card slot
    No copy-and-paste function
    No MMS for sending photos to other phones
    No Bluetooth stereo audio
    No support for Adobe Flash, Windows Media Video, or Java
    I was traveling in the car for a few hours the other day with a friend who has an iPhone and that horrible att/666 service. We were basically together for 1/2 a day. I never had one issue with sending or receiving a call on my Curve on the TMo network. My friend either couldn't make a call or dropped it as soon as he got connected.

This happened all day.

Not sure if his problem was the iPhone or att or both but I would have loved to have had this all on video for a T-Mobile commercial.

att/666's latest commercials claim they'll make sure you can make calls in Hong Kong (where they have no cell towers); in France (where they also have no cell towers); in creepy pool halls (where no one makes cell phone calls) and on desolate tropical islands (where NO one, not even them, has service and no one lives). The question is, when will att/666 establish reliable service in the nation's largest state?
    07-15-08 06:34 PM
    I'm sure T-mob will have service in the future there unless they don't want to capture any of that market. Back in May, I traveled through Birmingham Al, Tupelo MS, and Memhis TN and had excellent service in all area including all the driving I did between the cities. If At&t is suppose to have bad service in the south, I did not see it and was very happy.
    07-15-08 06:34 PM
    Sorry about your experience. There is always a bad apple in the buch. T mobile's sevice is award winning. Try speaking to another rep

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 06:35 PM
    Sorry to hear about your experience with customer service. It's already been suggested, and you've probably already done this by now, but I'd call back and speak to a different rep. who might be more helpful. Think about your job. Is there a guy (or gal) there who you consider not very capable of doing their duties exceptionally well? There are times when working that you think... "that was not the proper way to handle that situation. I probably could have been a lot more helpful than that guy (coworker)"

Well every company has a person like that, and perhaps you got ahold of them when you called. I hope the situation works itself out as it should.

Best of luck with your wireless service, and most importantly, your relocation.
    07-15-08 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD