Ok, I hope this is the right section but if not, you can just move it. Ok, to sum this up easily, I've discovered that for that past 3-4 weeks(possibly longer), I haven't been able to receive SMS's from NON-Verizon customers. I receive them just fine from anyone who is Verizon, but I have a few friends on At&t, and T-Mobile(I haven't been able to test Sprint yet) and I do not receive their SMS messages. What's even weirder, is that I can receive their MMS Messages just fine, which we have been using for a work-around. But its still pretty annoying and just curious if anyone might know what's causing this or how to fix it. And yes, I have called Verizon and spoken to Tech support, they basically just said that they couldn't see anything not working correctly so there was nothing they could do. Is it possible its something wrong with my phone or would it have to be the network itself?
    10-03-09 01:41 PM
    Sounds like network, call tech support and have them delete you from the switch.
    10-03-09 03:33 PM
    I've been having the same problem!!! Hours though not weeks... Internet, calls, msn/aim works.... Haven't tried mms yet..

Scratch that, it's slowly starting to work.... Not getting ANY past messages.... but I am getting some texts... Not sure if there is a lag but?? One is with a former altell now verizon customer, and one is sprint....
    Last edited by xEchox; 10-03-09 at 04:16 PM.
    10-03-09 04:14 PM
    Sounds like network, call tech support and have them delete you from the switch.
    Calling tech support is a good idea. Deleting the subscriber from the switch is not going to do anything. Sounds like a trouble ticket for inter-carrier sms.
    10-03-09 05:37 PM
    Or refreshing a certain "profile" would do the trick, but if not then trouble ticket of course.
    10-03-09 06:34 PM
    Simple solution. Tell your friends to get VZW or you'll dump them as a friend. .
    10-05-09 01:27 AM
    Calling tech support is a good idea. Deleting the subscriber from the switch is not going to do anything. Sounds like a trouble ticket for inter-carrier sms.
    Trouble ticket ftw!
    10-05-09 07:13 AM
    I hate Trouble Tickets... :-p
    but yes... this would be the best solution... CALL again... whoever helped the first time... sheesh...
    theres ALWAYS something that can be done...
    10-05-09 08:20 AM
    Yea I would call again or move to AT&T get a iPhone ... now I'm going to get killed in this thread No but really call again and ask for a supervisor or manager if they are not cooperating with you.
    10-05-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD