Has anyone else heard about sprint not offering the ERP anymore? Only the total protection insurance.
    06-04-10 06:17 PM
    That's news to me. Where did you get your info ???
    06-04-10 06:36 PM
    I read it on another forum. Don't know how true it is so that's why I was asking if anyone has heard of this also.
    06-04-10 10:17 PM
    No you can still get replacement phone I just got mine Tour, so far so good, it's my third, clumsy I guess
    06-04-10 10:27 PM
    I'm sorry, maybe I confused you. I meant if sprint is not offering the add on ERP for $4 anymore? Instead making you get the total protection for $7 and no other insurance options.
    06-04-10 10:30 PM
    It's included in the price, in the detailed billing section u will notice it also if u have asurion, u have it
    06-04-10 11:02 PM
    Ok, here's another explanation of what I'm asking. The ERP only covers replacement of your phone for $4 and total covers replacement and repair of your phone for $7. Both are through Asurion. I'm am simply asking If sprint has stopped giving the $4 add on as an option. I have it and I know I'm covered for a replacement if I need it.
    06-04-10 11:10 PM
    First let me start off by saying that I do not work directly for Sprint, but I do work for a company that provides security to Sprint Corp. office and call centers. Side Note (It is a very slow boring job with no internet but we do have intranet.) With that being said we do our fair share of reading on Sprint changes and up comings that go public for call center people to know.

There has been a minor change with ERP, meaning it is based on your account standing and honesty with Sprint. Sprint has been losing money right and left with people calling in say my keyboard will not work or my trackball is sticking. They ERP the device free get the original device back and lookie here the keyboard working fine and so is the trackball however the screen has a small crack this person just wanted a free replacement phone for cracked screen.

Sprint always warns that they will bill you if they can not find the problem. Truth there is that unless you are very stupid and send it in with it in pieces they will not bill I can not tell you how many times I hear the warehouse people yelling another ERP was done on water damage and not a defect.

So Sprint's minor ERP change is that if it is your first time wanting an ERP they will make you go to your closest corp. repair center for them to look at it and order the ERP to the store and change it out. Unless the store is too far away then they will mail it to you ONCE.

In the store if you try and pull a fast one on the repair tech you will never get an ERP period for life.

In the mail if the ERP you send back is your fault you will never get one in the mail again for life and will have to go to store every time.

So once again changes made, because of some bad apples.
    06-06-10 04:46 AM
    I don't know but I just got my 4th ERP phone, the first was my phone water damage confirmed by the asurion Tech, the second was because the screen suddenly burst n ink smeared the entire screen, the third would not connect to the internet after 3 hours on phone n memory wipe with Sprint Tech who called Asurion to guarantee me another n final phone I hope (fingers crossed) each time activation waived, $100 replacement cost/charge put on my account so I'd say both are still in effect just listed as one charge of $7 never once went to a store all done online n telephone.
    06-09-10 02:00 PM
    The only complaint I have with Sprint is the price of their total protection. For the last few years I paid $4.99 a month to Verizon for equipment protection. $7 just seemed like to much so I turned to SquareTrade. I researched it for several weeks and only found positive things. Not sure how things will go when I need to make a claim, but it may be something to look into.
    06-12-10 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD