I have verizon. I got the Storm on Sept 3 and I am just not happy with it, however I am out of my 30 day return. I have had numerous problems with the storm and finally they did send me a new one, but I am still have the same problems. Screen sticking, certain points don't work, device freezes, I am doing a battery pull like every other day.

So during all this no one ever offered me a differant phone or told me I only had 30 days, but apparently it is on my bill, so I guess I have to take some responsibility here.

I have a call in to a supervisor and if he/she isn't willing to work something out for me to go back to the curve, what should I do?

1.. My husbands line has a free upgrade right now. I could upgrade him to the curve then switch it to my number, however, he doesn't have a blackberry now so would we have to continue to pay for the blackberry service if we remove the blackberry from his line and he goes back to his old phone? I am not sure about this optiont hough because it uses his upgrade and if something happens to his phone and he needs a new one, we could be corned.

2. Just buy a Curve outright??? Paying more, but not using any upgrades. Isn't there a website I hear of people using?

What should I do? Do you think there is any chance verizon will pull through for me?

Christie
    11-22-09 08:35 PM
    How you get the curve is up to you. If you use the hubbys upgrade you would activate the device on his account then switch it yours. If he has a phone that does not required data, then you can remove the data from his phone with no penalties.
    11-22-09 08:44 PM
    ok, that was one of my main concerns that we would have to keep the data on his line.
    11-22-09 08:46 PM
    So during all this no one ever offered me a differant phone or told me I only had 30 days, but apparently it is on my bill, so I guess I have to take some responsibility here.
    wow.. so do you read anything you sign your name to for 2 years?!?!?!?!

Just buy a Curve off eBay or use the upgrade - your only solution at this point. No supervisor I know would swap your phone out for something else. You had 30 days to decide if the device was right for you.
    11-22-09 09:03 PM
    umm yeah, I said I took responsibility for not realizing the thirty day thing, but thanks for making a ********* comment about it.

I guess i should have paid closer attention, but I didn't, my fault....just trying to get some advice on what the most logical next step for me would be.

i have read through several of the threads on here looking for what others are doing in my situation and seems like people are so mean here. Why is that?
    11-22-09 09:07 PM
    Human nature, also long timers and aggitated about those who feel they have a self entitlement for a specific issue.

Do not let them get to you. there are a lot of good people here that have lots of great info that can help get though many situations.

You will find this behavior on many sites. just have to weed through it.

Welcome to CB.
    11-22-09 09:13 PM
    Thank You.

And for the record I don't feel I am entitled to a new phone for nothing. I am willing to pay for it, use an upgrade or whatever, I just thought I would try the return route first since basically all they can do is say no and then I am no worse off than I am now, right?

Chrsitie
    11-22-09 09:16 PM
    Did you say you're on #2 or #3? My understing of VZW's multi-FRU program is that if your phone is replaced 3 times under warranty, they can swap you to a comparably priced device. So another option I suppose would be to get another replacement Storm and, if there are legitimate hardware problems request a FRU to the Tour, or whatever's on the FRU list for the Storm 1. As an aside, not all Storms are bad, I promise I got mine on 11/21/08 (the day they went on sale) and maintained that original Storm under the Storm2 came out on 10/28/09. Many of us are in that category. Unfortunately there were a number of sub-par devices shipped out, hence many of the replacements. Good luck to you.
    11-22-09 09:24 PM
    Thank You.

And for the record I don't feel I am entitled to a new phone for nothing. I am willing to pay for it, use an upgrade or whatever, I just thought I would try the return route first since basically all they can do is say no and then I am no worse off than I am now, right?

Chrsitie
    I would not even try the return option to be honest with you. Either get the used one, or use the upgrade would be the best bet. Asking for return would not value your time.

Did you say you're on #2 or #3? My understing of VZW's multi-FRU program is that if your phone is replaced 3 times under warranty, they can swap you to a comparably priced device. So another option I suppose would be to get another replacement Storm and, if there are legitimate hardware problems request a FRU to the Tour, or whatever's on the FRU list for the Storm 1. As an aside, not all Storms are bad, I promise I got mine on 11/21/08 (the day they went on sale) and maintained that original Storm under the Storm2 came out on 10/28/09. Many of us are in that category. Unfortunately there were a number of sub-par devices shipped out, hence many of the replacements. Good luck to you.
    Why would you even bring the multi-FRU into this conversation? The issue here is 30 WFG question by the OP. First off there are other requirements about this that you do not know, and second this is option that is at the discretion of the rep - NOT guarenteed. If in fact this is used, it is more on case by case basis.
    11-22-09 09:32 PM
    I'd think it would be pretty easy to find a trade on Craigslist
    11-22-09 09:36 PM
    umm yeah, I said I took responsibility for not realizing the thirty day thing, but thanks for making a ********* comment about it.

I guess i should have paid closer attention, but I didn't, my fault....just trying to get some advice on what the most logical next step for me would be.

i have read through several of the threads on here looking for what others are doing in my situation and seems like people are so mean here. Why is that?
    Because a lot of us here listen to people who make mistakes and get something they don't like. It is our job to sit there and explain to you why you cannot upgrade at any given time or trade out your phone because you don't like it anymore. Even after it is CLEARLY described to customers the 30 Day WFG period. You have to start paying more attention to what you put your signature on.

Seems like a lot of people who come to this forum expect a customer service tone, why? Then when someone points out the VERY PROBLEM (your not "paying attention") THAT STARTED THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE - they get called a smart a$$ or whatever your "*******" really meant.

But if you truly take responsibility for your actions, then you know what you can do. Buy used/full retail or upgrade. Why feel entitled to getting a different phone through a supervisor? Why feel that a supervisor should be WILLING?

Your first post answered your own questions.
    11-22-09 09:50 PM
    I would not even try the return option to be honest with you. Either get the used one, or use the upgrade would be the best bet. Asking for return would not value your time.

Why would you even bring the multi-FRU into this conversation? The issue here is 30 WFG question by the OP. First off there are other requirements about this that you do not know, and second this is option that is at the discretion of the rep - NOT guarenteed. If in fact this is used, it is more on case by case basis.
    I'm not going to get into an argument, we're both trying to help the OP. I raised what is, IMO, a potentially valid consideration and, additionally, i used the word "can" when referring to the FRU; I never implied that it wasn't a case-by-case decision. I agree that the OP should have taken advantage of the 30 day WFG period. Had she done so she'd not need advice from CB.

Thanks.
    11-22-09 09:55 PM
    I'm not going to get into an argument, we're both trying to help the OP. I raised what is, IMO, a potentially valid consideration and, additionally, i used the word "can" when referring to the FRU; I never implied that it wasn't a case-by-case decision. I agree that the OP should have taken advantage of the 30 day WFG period. Had she done so she'd not need advice from CB.

Thanks.
    Not arguing, but debating. The op in this case does not even come close to the program you are refereing to. The OP has never even had a replacement, hence why even bring it up?
    11-22-09 10:05 PM
    I'm going to go out on a limb of my own here and tell you all to stop harassing people based on their opinions. Not that I matter on this website, she only had a question regarding her situation and was looking for advise. I agree with the fact that everyone on here has their panties in a bunch over things that really don't affect them directly, and they base that off of what other people say negatively regarding their own personal opinions. Jeeze guys, take it easy.

Anyways, my personal opinion on what your best option would be is to consider how old your husbands phone is, if he requires it for work, and if he could purchase a cheap phone from craigslist or ebay if the issue arrises that he needs a new phone before your upgrade is available to him. Also keep your current Storm as a back up for the both of you since it semi works, that way if you use his upgrade you have a plan. I learned this recently the hardway. I say use his upgrade and get the tour.
    11-22-09 10:10 PM
    It isn't your job to belittle or be rude when a poster asks a simple question, further it is not your "job" to post replys at all. I didn't ask you to explain anything to me, nor did I deny that I should have paid more attention. Further, I don't simply just not like my phone anymore, I wish I could like it, however, it is constantly freezing on me, not letting me select things on certain parts of the screen and other issues. I was looking for options and advice more or less on what people thought the best course of action is. I am not happy with my phone because it has problems so why wouldn't I go to the vendor I purchased it from and ask them to fix the problem? I would really like to go back to the curve which would be a downgrade from the phone I have now,s o it isn't like I am asking for free storm 2 or anything.

I made the comment I did not because I didn't get "customer service" from a public message board, but because of your tone and comments. You have a lot to learn about tact. My not paying attention may not get me to trade my phone for what I really want, but it isn't the cause of my original problem which is that this phone is causing numerious problems and frustration and I want a new phone because of that, not because I am just tired of it or simply want a new one.

I don't feel a superviser should be willing or will be, I am simply a customer who wants to know what all my options are for correcting a situation I am not happy with.

As for you, I hope that you will realize in the future it is a human being on the other side of the computer screen and maybe unlike you I guess we can't all be perfect, we make mistakes. Several other people were able to give me advice in a nice, mature way without being rude and insulting. Maybe you should read through those to learn a lesson in how to behave? Perhaps you were not raised to treat others in a respectful way? Maybe you feel about about yourself when you treat others badly? Remember, what goes around, comes around.

Christie

Your first post answered your own questions.[/QUOTE]
    11-22-09 10:12 PM
    and they have replaced the storm once already.
    11-22-09 10:13 PM
    and they have replaced the storm once already.
    Your best bet is to get a Curve, if you get if full retail you can sell your Storm to cover some of the cost. or use your husbands upgrade.
    11-22-09 10:17 PM
    Not arguing, but debating. The op in this case does not even come close to the program you are refereing to. The OP has never even had a replacement, hence why even bring it up?
    Actually apparently she has, but only one. My mistake on that point.
    11-22-09 10:20 PM
    Christiep, i would like to apologize for all the tools here, we are not all grumpy, some time the people here read to much into the post. just dont pay any attn. to them. if you want a straight answer ask Twins he will give you a straight answer w/o the BS
    11-23-09 07:42 AM
    Christiep, i would like to apologize for all the tools here, we are not all grumpy, some time the people here read to much into the post. just dont pay any attn. to them. if you want a straight answer ask Twins he will give you a straight answer w/o the BS
    Thanks, but some will argue with that.

If you're wanting to go back to the original Curve, don't waste another line's upgrade on it- look @ eBay or Craigslist for a good used one. Just make sure you check the ESN/MEID with VZW & it is a reputable seller.

As for the Multi-FRU "program" it is not a policy, nor is it guaranteed. Anyone who brings it up on a Website is doing everyone a disservice, as you do not know the details. There are times where 10 replacements do not warrant invoking anything like this mythical program & others where two might trigger it. So just don't broach the subject, as you leave yourself open for the ignorance flag & you setup others for disappointment. Just don't do it.
    11-23-09 08:10 AM
    Thanks, but some will argue with that.

If you're wanting to go back to the original Curve, don't waste another line's upgrade on it- look @ eBay or Craigslist for a good used one. Just make sure you check the ESN/MEID with VZW & it is a reputable seller.

As for the Multi-FRU "program" it is not a policy, nor is it guaranteed. Anyone who brings it up on a Website is doing everyone a disservice, as you do not know the details. There are times where 10 replacements do not warrant invoking anything like this mythical program & others where two might trigger it. So just don't broach the subject, as you leave yourself open for the ignorance flag & you setup others for disappointment. Just don't do it.
    Fair enough Twins. I respect your opinion, and you depth of knowledge on wireless services. I've always appreciated your impartiality vis a vis carriers and devices. After a decent night's sleep, and reading back through this entire thread, I agree with you that I shouldn't have raised the FRU spectre.
    11-23-09 08:26 AM
    Sell - Storm
    Buy - Curve
    11-23-09 09:59 AM
    <action>waving mod stick</action>

A reminder folks.....

From the Rules Sub Forum.....

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    11-23-09 10:18 AM
    Gee, I hope no one thinks I picked on the OP. I was debate the multi FRU comment only. I have said exactly what twins said, just in less words. I gave my opinion to the OP.

New outlook on life - Whatever!
    11-23-09 07:22 PM
    As for you, I hope that you will realize in the future it is a human being on the other side of the computer screen and maybe unlike you I guess we can't all be perfect, we make mistakes. Several other people were able to give me advice in a nice, mature way without being rude and insulting. Maybe you should read through those to learn a lesson in how to behave? Perhaps you were not raised to treat others in a respectful way? Maybe you feel about about yourself when you treat others badly? Remember, what goes around, comes around.

Christie

Your first post answered your own questions.
    Hilarious.. the "job" I was talking about was actually working in tech support and dealing with people in your situation each day. This forum doesn't hire me. You mentioned you wanted to call in and speak to a supervisor. I gave you the reason WHY that wouldn't work in most cases. You also mentioned that several reps you spoke to failed to advise you of the 30 days to return your phone.

Pointing out the obvious flaws in your decision is not insulting or rude. You should take it as an opportunity to learn from your mistakes. Going back to a Curve is not a viable option at this point due to it being outside the 30 day window. This is where all this stems from..

Now obviously you have problems with your Storm and you can get another replacement. If you continue to have issues with it and the person you talk to is nice enough, then you MIGHT get to switch to a different device like a Tour. I've done it for customers before and would probably do it for you in this case. There is nothing written in stone that we HAVE to offer you as an option, but if we feel as if your case warrants a different device we might accommodate.

And according to my surveys by customers I'd think they would disagree with your comments.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 11-23-09 at 08:08 PM.
    11-23-09 08:05 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD