Hello guys,

Let me start by giving you a little info on how I got to where I am today. On December 5th i got a new BB 8330 from Metro I installed all kinds of apps on it without any problem. On Jan 6th someone stole my BB 8330. i filed a claim and got a new one from the insurance company. Now this phone came with no browser. i had to install it as well as the BB app world. Now when i try to install the apps that i had on my old phone like Iheart radio for example i get the message that the app is not supported in my phone. Metro support sends me to Asurion support and asurion support send me to metro. they are usless and won't help. how can i fix this my self? Help

Thank you
    Carlos
    01-12-10 10:13 AM
    Actually, when you first start up the 8330m from Metro there is no browser on it, as part of the setup process, when you activate the phone, the browser is installed along with BB Maps and maybe a couple other items. What I suggest doing is wiping the handset and then re-doing the setup; this may take care of the glitch. The next option would be to upgrade the OS either to a newer official version or to a hybrid per instructions on this site, if that doesn't work then I suggest going to a corporate store if there is one in your area and asking for help - they will SOMETIMES be able to help. Finally if none of those things work, contact Asurion, tell them the phone they sent you doesn't work and you want it replaced and you want the fee waved.
    01-12-10 07:04 PM
    Throwing in my two cents

A: Make sure your service books are there.

It sounds like you're device wasn't properly registered to the BlackBerry Network.

B: Go to Host Routing Table (under advanced options), and click "Register Now". You should get a message saying the device had been registered.

C: Does your email set up properly?

And I wouldn't try Corporate. No offense to John's advice, but unless they happen to have a BlackBerry Guru on staff, the normal training does not cover this type of issue, and they'll be clueless.

Good luck!
    01-13-10 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD