That person will get it, just not thru you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The only way that person will get it is from another site. Not through VZW since the policy is no longer there...
    01-18-10 01:10 PM
    I just had a woman ask me when the T2 was coming out because she wanted a multifru. She said the store reps were morons because they didnt know. She had seen on here I'm assuming about the T2 showing up in inventory but wanted a date.
    I had to tell her that 1. I didnt know and that any date is tenative and subject to change and 2. that as of today the policy where we could replace her T1 with the T2 was discontinued. She got angry but then allowed me to change her FT plan to the new T&T unlimited plan. Then she asked me about upgrade dates and she has a couple lines eligible in feb and march. She seemed okay with this. Glad that she didnt rip my head off.
    01-18-10 02:04 PM
    My Story:

I got a Tour a week after it was released. The ball was Messed up. I got a replacement. That replacement was fine until that ball got messed up and it wouldnt scroll whatsoever. SO i called VZW and they sent me another replacement. I had this 2nd replacement for a few weeks and the ear piece wouldnt not work at all (I have kept my BB Tour in a case and has never been dropped) So yet again i call them up and they send me yet another replacement. I have this one for a few weeks and the back of the Phone gets super hot while not even charging so i take it to the store and they give me yet another replacement. FInally i call them up and they decided to send me a Brand New Tour in box like the day i bought it . I asked the guy if they would switch phone so maybe i could try something else and they said that as of now they dropped the 3 Strike Policy where if you have 3 replacements in a SHort amount of time that they will switch devices to a different model
    01-18-10 02:12 PM
    Well, I had to get a replacement phone thru the warranty (and when my trackball had issues) the INSURANCE has a 1 year warranty on it. Loophole, you betcha!!
    01-18-10 02:17 PM
    Its still a FRU ......no more NEW phones
    01-18-10 02:37 PM
    OH I SEE...Well wtf would anyone expect a new phone for? The refurbished one was better than the one out the box
    01-18-10 03:42 PM
    Because people just want to abuse the system, and again I am glad they got rid of it. Way too many people calling in for "I WANT A NEW PHONE GIVE ME NOW" or "I read on the forums that people get new phones all the time after X replacement".

And then you read their history... and they do this every contract year. People just love to abuse the loophole, and get free stuff... or people wanted the Multi-exchange, and expect to have a free phone AND new contract. Ahhhh..

I'm just happy VZW is stepping up to the plate. Giving out free phones due to the policy which was abused everyday is good for them. Now people will consider what's really "defective" "broken" "user error" ...
    01-18-10 04:02 PM
    Today was the day, No More Multi-Exchanges! Good Riddens, I couldnt stand that program. I dont know any employee that needed a multifru, and we all use the same devices as everyone else... Every other person I spoke to today caught wind that the program was up and thought the'd give it all the had to see if they could "Squeak through" on the first day the policy took effect. I personally put it into effect on Saturday for anyone that talked to me, but I had 3 people escalate to a Supervisor over being declined for a multiexchange, even ones that were told last week that they were eligible and all 3 were turned down so I'm sorry to those that were on the fence about what to do. Its Certified Like New from here on out. Even if they do cave and finally allow you to get a new phone its going to be a Certified Like New Kit "Refurb thats been packaged with a battery and charger".
    01-18-10 05:00 PM
    started today, bad apples and ignorance kiling it for the good guys
    01-18-10 05:02 PM
    I've had to use the Multi Fru policy on my Storm before because it was either badly muffled voices, screen didn't click on all sides, etc. But these were legit complaints. Then you have those people posting openly admitting that they lied and used all the excuses people once used just to get his way even though his device was fine. I was fed up with the Tour that they sent me as the radio would drop calls even on the replacement I received. I bought a Droid outright and my signal is so much stronger. But to be honest, I don't blame Verizon. The point of a business is to make a profit and the abusers of the program ruined it for all. Welcome to life. I never expected a replacement, I wanted a new phone afyer a while but it was them OFFERING it to me that allowed me to do it.

I hope you Verizon representatives have an easier time now. I always hear T-Mobile has the best CS but you guys have helped me on the first try and not the second or even third. Thanks guys

01-18-10 05:56 PM
    So what does "certified, like new" device mean?

Does it mean that by looking at it, you won't be able to tell the difference between it and a new device? Is it allowed to have surface defects (scratches) that are considered "minor"? Screen scratches? Anyone know?
    01-18-10 07:10 PM
    So what does "certified, like new" device mean?

Does it mean that by looking at it, you won't be able to tell the difference between it and a new device? Is it allowed to have surface defects (scratches) that are considered "minor"? Screen scratches? Anyone know?
    A nicer way of saying refurbished
    01-18-10 07:11 PM
    A nicer way of saying refurbished
    Well yeah, of course, but what about the rest? Basically, how beat up can a refurb phone be for Verizon to consider it an acceptable replacement -- or do the refurbs all truly look "like new"?
    01-18-10 07:28 PM
    Refurbished units look new. No scratches or damage of any kind.

01-18-10 07:35 PM
    Well yeah, of course, but what about the rest? Basically, how beat up can a refurb phone be for Verizon to consider it an acceptable replacement -- or do the refurbs all truly look "like new"?
    For the most they look new. On very rare occasions I have seen a story where units do not. The carrier will rectify this as well.
    01-18-10 07:40 PM
    Thanks for the info. Never had to get a refurb phone.
    01-18-10 07:46 PM
    Thanks for the info. Never had to get a refurb phone.
    You are welcome. BTW I rin a refurbed device and have so for months, I have not had one problem with it.
    01-18-10 08:06 PM
    You are welcome. BTW I rin a refurbed device and have so for months, I have not had one problem with it.
    Yeah, I can see why people would want a new device, and in certain cases could feel taken for not ending up with one, but honestly I can't see a reason to care much about this change. If the refurb looks new, acts new (in some cases perhaps better than new), and is still covered under warranty, I can't get too worked up about it.

Of course I'm assuming they'll use common sense in interpreting "after a certain number of returns".
    01-18-10 08:17 PM
    Yeah, I can see why people would want a new device, and in certain cases could feel taken for not ending up with one, but honestly I can't see a reason to care much about this change. If the refurb looks new, acts new (in some cases perhaps better than new), and is still covered under warranty, I can't get too worked up about it.

Of course I'm assuming they'll use common sense in interpreting "after a certain number of returns".
    I amsure something may be done, but common sense must work both ways. Once word gets out that there is loop hole is no longer there and no game to play.
    01-18-10 08:26 PM
    I hate how people think theycan just work the system and that they think they are owed it Legit reasons for a replacement is just and right, but because of a scratch. I have never seen it happen over a scratch. I did a few fru calls and they were legit. I did have a couple of people TRY to take advantage but it a phone can't duplicate the problem, they are out of luck.
    I saw where someone was going to try and get the new Tour 2 on release by saying their phone was lost and then when they get it, they would try to sell that lost phone I think in their reasoning they forgot that phone will be reported LOST and will have a bad esn and will not be able to activate it. Those kind of customers will definitely have bad karma. I have the Tour and I don't intend on trying to cry and get the Tour 2 I did need a replacement and it was legit, the trackball had stopped working completely after two months. And the replacement has worked fine ever since I have gotten it.
    01-18-10 09:14 PM
    Hopefull the people with legitimate, defective phones won't feel off put by this change. If you really have issues with a phone, and it's still under warranty, it'll get replaced. All thats happening is no more "new" devices will be issued to those who've had to replace their phone several times. The "policy" is gone, and now its pretty much all up to the reps or their superiors...
    01-19-10 04:35 AM
    Yup, Its sad they had to stop the Policy because of people trying to screw the system
    01-19-10 10:56 AM
    Hopefull the people with legitimate, defective phones won't feel off put by this change. If you really have issues with a phone, and it's still under warranty, it'll get replaced. All thats happening is no more "new" devices will be issued to those who've had to replace their phone several times. The "policy" is gone, and now its pretty much all up to the reps or their superiors...
    And people can still get a new model device, but its a fru device and comes with all the needed accessories.

01-19-10 07:12 PM
    Wrong.

10char
    01-19-10 07:38 PM
    Actually.... She's correct here...
    01-19-10 07:46 PM
150 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD