Yes i doooooooooo pay alot for service. I have 1 line and I pay $150 a month for it and I pay $80 a month for my wireless card. I paid $200 for my Storm 1 when it came out and have been through 4 now. Give me a phone that isn't having issues all the time. If it was you you dealing with this you would be just as upset. Verizon is in the service business and I expect good service. When I am spending hours of my time dealing with a bad phone I expect them to treat me right until I am satisfied. The problem in this country is customer service has gone down the toilet.
    Thats easily fixed. you want a phone that works? Theres a great Samsung phone called the SCHu340
    Good phone, few problems...
    01-25-10 02:24 PM
    Who cares. Bunch of thieving scammers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Actually, the customers that abused the system resulting in the removal of the program are the thieving scammers.
    01-25-10 02:27 PM
    pretty much... Hey CN! Welcome to the eye of the storm..
    01-25-10 02:33 PM
    Yes i doooooooooo pay alot for service. I have 1 line and I pay $150 a month for it and I pay $80 a month for my wireless card. I paid $200 for my Storm 1 when it came out and have been through 4 now. Give me a phone that isn't having issues all the time. If it was you you dealing with this you would be just as upset. Verizon is in the service business and I expect good service. When I am spending hours of my time dealing with a bad phone I expect them to treat me right until I am satisfied. The problem in this country is customer service has gone down the toilet.
    It sounds like you have confused your service provider for your equipment manufacturer.

01-25-10 02:37 PM
    I know, right? It looks as though I stumbled in at just the right time... lol
    01-25-10 02:37 PM
    It sounds like you have confused your service provider for your equipment manufacturer.

So let me see........when my Directv DVR goes out do I call RCA(or whoever makes the DVR) to come fix my DVR? No! I call Directv because that who I pay for my service. I think Verizon reps need to go back and re-evaluate what customer service is. It isn't pawning it off on RIM. Stand up and say we will take care of you because you are a valued customer. What a novel idea.
    01-25-10 02:54 PM
    They do take care of valued customers. they go above and behond in some ways to fix things. However, they have limits and expectations set upon them by corporate and above on what they can and cannot do.
    It seems to unfortunately go over some peoples heads that they cant change policy just because some bottle baby wants them to. Supervisors dont have the power to do anything more than a rep does. Reps honestly have more power then they do, and they will take a reps word over yours and stand by them. 99% of the time.
    Verizon provides free tech support as a COURTESY to its valued customers so they can avoid being charged for technical support from the manufacturers. As other companies.. ie DirectTV takes the reins as a courtesy deals with the device itself for you, then THEY deal with the manufacturer.
    However, the home companies dont always KNOW where the problems lay no matter how much troubleshooting is done. Thats when its either replaced or referred to the manufacturer. EVERY phone that is sent back to the warehouses are sent back to RIM to be diagnostically tested to figure out what went wrong. Thats how they know how to fix the issue. Hardware issues generally with new generations. example.. S1 vs S2 with the screen not having the crack to let in dust. the T1 and the opening lines trackball issue... resolved at the warehouse.
    As customers we need to understand that the carrier and the makers of the phones need to work hand in hand with the devices... sometimes that means referring the customer to the manufacturer themselves. The carrier buys the phones from the makers.. carriers provide the phone service. Thats it. They provide the hardware as a courtesy... with contracts and discounts as a COURTESY to the consumer so they dont have to buy a $500 piece of equipment.
    I bet the cellular phone industry would be a HECK of a lot different if consumers had to pay retail for their phones.
    We sure wouldnt have every tween and snot nosed kid with a blackberry or worse an iPhone. hmmm... think about that!
    01-25-10 03:19 PM
    Exsctly. You could have paid $600+ for your phone and get tech support through email and a forum only like the Nexus 1. Most of the emails just say to read the forum too!

01-25-10 03:29 PM
    I'm going to assume, that with DirecTV, or Dish Network, or Comcast, or whoever... Won't give you an HD receiver or box when you normal one goes out... No matter how often it happens...
    01-25-10 03:32 PM
    So let me see........when my Directv DVR goes out do I call RCA(or whoever makes the DVR) to come fix my DVR? No! I call Directv because that who I pay for my service. I think Verizon reps need to go back and re-evaluate what customer service is. It isn't pawning it off on RIM. Stand up and say we will take care of you because you are a valued customer. What a novel idea.
    They did it just to **** you off, duh. It is the VZW conspiracy I have been talking about.

01-25-10 03:35 PM
    If the wireless corporation came to that decision, it would have to mean that the loss far outweighed the profit in their market. We would see less smart-phones in the hands of the everyday consumer, resulting in fewer complaints, in addition to seeing a decline in revenue. Also, a lot more research and time invested in self education in regards to smart-phones on the consumers part will have to be spent before determining if a device is right for them. Forums like Crackberry will BLOW up in that regards. The only way to get out of that hole, should it materialize, would be for all consumers to be FULLY HONEST in regards to their claims, all manufacturers to build perfect devices, and for networks to provide the highest quality service. Seems like a wake up call for everyone, myself included.
    01-25-10 03:36 PM
    Wonder what would happen if VZW or other carriers for that matter decided to not honor MFG warr anymore. They would just have to refer to the MFG for repair or replacment. Thats could be fun and save carriers MILLIONS a year. Would be a major problem for customers though, as they would be without a phone for 4-6 weeks, unless they have a back up.

Just a thought.
    01-25-10 03:42 PM
    Getting rid of the Multi-FRU program also prevents people from requesting replacments for no true reason other than to get a new phone without paying for it. I uses to love hot remarking peoples accounts when I relized that they were doing that.

01-25-10 03:46 PM
    OK Sweetcheeks.....you can get off your soapbox now. Come out of your CSR world and put yourself into the real world and tell me you don't expect good customer service. I am a business user and need my phone to work and not give me JVM errors. I will say it until I am blue in the face that I pay Verizon to handle hardware failures and software failures. I don't send my checks to RIM. Not everyone out there is out to get big red. I just need something that works and if Verizon continues to draw lines in the sand I will find another carrier who will happily take my money. I came to Verizon from Sprint and think Verizon has the best coverage but their policies are something to be desired. Early ETF changes, strict hardware replacement issues are a couple of things that will lose them customers.
    01-25-10 05:03 PM
    So is the real world where we whine and complain to get our way?

YAY
    01-25-10 06:01 PM
    OK Sweetcheeks.....you can get off your soapbox now. Come out of your CSR world and put yourself into the real world and tell me you don't expect good customer service. I am a business user and need my phone to work and not give me JVM errors. I will say it until I am blue in the face that I pay Verizon to handle hardware failures and software failures. I don't send my checks to RIM. Not everyone out there is out to get big red. I just need something that works and if Verizon continues to draw lines in the sand I will find another carrier who will happily take my money. I came to Verizon from Sprint and think Verizon has the best coverage but their policies are something to be desired. Early ETF changes, strict hardware replacement issues are a couple of things that will lose them customers.
    And when you call VZW for help with those JVM errors you will get good cust service from whoever you speak to as long as you are respectable. You will then receive your replacement FRU. If you don't like it, switch carriers.

01-25-10 06:03 PM
    So is the real world where we whine and complain to get our way?

YAY
    It defiantly seems like it huh.

01-25-10 06:05 PM
    I was so thinking the same thing when I posted my message... ( Soapbox ) but I will gladly stay on it. And as much as I am a tech rep and csr I am a consumer and vzw customer. I was a customer much longer than I've been a csr as well. Never would I question policy or how things are done. To be honest I've always carried insurance on a phone as well. Only had to use it once and then the times I've had to get warrenty replacemnts I was thrilled that verizon would replace them at all. As lastraid stated verizon COULD choose to not help with warrenties at all and leave customers to the mercy of the manufacturers for the warreny, where they have you send the phone in, they fix it and give it back. No replacement option.
    Again entitlement where it shouldn't be EXPECTED. Because Verizon doesn't HAVE to provide these services.

01-25-10 06:44 PM
    And when you call VZW for help with those JVM errors you will get good cust service from whoever you speak to as long as you are respectable. You will then receive your replacement FRU. If you don't like it, switch carriers.

In fact that is not what happened when I called tech support. What I was told was that they could not help me with my problem and connected me with RIM who also said they didn't have a fix for me. I needed my phone because it is for business so I drove to a Verizon store and they exchanged it for me. When is it that someone will just change the phone for a model that works better?

01-25-10 08:10 PM
    You can do that at any you want. Go back to that store and buy a different device. ******** about your issue with your phone on the internet and complaining that VZW is not throwing a new phone at you to make your life better when they have 80,000,000 other customers to think about as well. But hey they aint as important as you now are they.

And by the way, when that rep xferd you to RIM to resolve your issue he was doing you a solid. He didn't have to get you to RIM so you can get your issue fixed. He could have had you call them yourself and give them your creditcard number.
    Last edited by IMP42; 01-25-10 at 08:33 PM.
    01-25-10 08:30 PM
    Ahhh. JVM errors are very fixaable. May not be able to retrieve contacts and pim if u don't do backups or sync.. But, ah, I fix JVMs about 5x a week if not more. There's a link in my signature to the instructions how to fix. Being sent to rim isn't the answr for that issue. Its a dead berry essentially and any rep fresh out of training knows either how to fix it or fru it.

01-25-10 09:17 PM
    I do agree that the transfer to rim was a solid, they charge for tech support. We fit the bill for that.

01-25-10 09:21 PM
    But that is just another way VZW tries to help out their oh so grateful customers.

01-25-10 09:39 PM
    You can do that at any you want. Go back to that store and buy a different device. ******** about your issue with your phone on the internet and complaining that VZW is not throwing a new phone at you to make your life better when they have 80,000,000 other customers to think about as well. But hey they aint as important as you now are they.

And by the way, when that rep xferd you to RIM to resolve your issue he was doing you a solid. He didn't have to get you to RIM so you can get your issue fixed. He could have had you call them yourself and give them your creditcard number.
    So getting into a discussion on a message board about Blackberries is just ********? I put the scenerio out there and I basically get told I am just another customer trying to beat the system. If that is what you want to believe then so be it. I am a good customer that pays his bill on time and ask for the service I expect from every company I pay my money to. Good Luck to you.
    01-25-10 10:01 PM
    So getting into a discussion on a message board about Blackberries is just ********? I put the scenerio out there and I basically get told I am just another customer trying to beat the system. If that is what you want to believe then so be it. I am a good customer that pays his bill on time and ask for the service I expect from every company I pay my money to. Good Luck to you.
    Again, Verizon Wireless is a wireless service provider, not the equipment manufacturer. As was pointed out earlier, every service provider will have their limits of how much they will help you with your equipment issues. Since it's ultimately not their problem, any assistance beyond basic connectivity to their service is "good customer service".

You pay your bill and Verizon makes sure there is a cell phone network available for you to use.
    01-25-10 10:10 PM
150 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD