Word on the streets is that beginning very soon, Verizon will no longer offer a new phone for customers who have had several replacement devices due to manufacturer defect...
    01-15-10 06:18 AM
    Just an opinion,

If it does, it most likely is due to those that played the system to get a new device when the replacement was workng just fine. Maybe this is conjunction with the price changes. According to BGR some the plans look like they have been reduced. This maybe happening as the money lost for giving out all the relpacements/new devices that may not happen anymore.

once again, just an opinion
    01-15-10 07:11 AM
    IF it is true....... IF, then those are going to be some fune calls!!!!
    01-15-10 07:32 AM
    The bad ones ruin it for everyone.
    01-15-10 08:49 AM
    Just an opinion,

If it does, it most likely is due to those that played the system to get a new device when the replacement was workng just fine. Maybe this is conjunction with the price changes. According to BGR some the plans look like they have been reduced. This maybe happening as the money lost for giving out all the relpacements/new devices that may not happen anymore.

once again, just an opinion

Exactly! Too many people spend their time making a big fuss and figuring out every loophole to get what they want and Verizon is realizing that their losing too much money. It's sad because the people that truly need help, those that these programs were designed to help in the first place, get shafted also. To me it's a great thing.
    01-15-10 08:55 AM
    I really don't think its necessary for people to get a "new" device when their previous devices were acting up. I can agree that a different model may be acceptable, but theres no reason why it has to be new in box...
    01-15-10 05:57 PM
    I really don't think its necessary for people to get a "new" device when their previous devices were acting up. I can agree that a different model may be acceptable, but theres no reason why it has to be new in box...
    There used to be a process and the equipment for this. A customer would essentially get a fru phone, battery, charger and manual. I'd like to see that come back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 06:55 PM
    Rumor has it that it is...
    01-15-10 06:59 PM
    Can't wait until these rumors stop circulating
    01-15-10 07:40 PM
    And that's what has happened.........I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "I read on the internet that if I've had "X" amount of phones, I can come in and get a new phone".
    01-15-10 10:01 PM
    Pretty much. I know people that get a new phone because there are a few scratches.

I on the other hand had a blown speaker for over a week and I had to use my speaker phone before I got sick of it and got a replacement.

And before I did anything, I did a full wipe but nothing changed.
    01-16-10 12:55 AM
    Can't wait until these rumors stop circulating
    Not really a rumor from what I hear from my sources it goes live on monday along with the new price plans..
    01-16-10 03:22 AM
    Not really a rumor from what I hear from my sources it goes live on monday along with the new price plans..
    We weren't told anything about that, but hope it's true at least in the very near future. I saw two brand new Storm 2's being given out to a couple of cry babies yesterday.
    01-16-10 06:24 AM
    There used to be a process and the equipment for this. A customer would essentially get a fru phone, battery, charger and manual. I'd like to see that come back.

That never went away and still isn't going anywhere with these changes. Those replacements are "kits" and essentially allow you to get your phone replaced with a different model without affecting your upgrade date like a multifru would. The problem is that there are only a few models so it may not always be a comparable phone and they are not always available.

01-16-10 09:49 AM
    Yes they do. It ticks me off, most of those were do to user error. I have been through four Blackberry models over the years, and yes a couple needed to be replaced but not to the extent of 3 or more.
    01-17-10 05:09 PM
    I am glad this change is happening, as a VZW Tech rep I see way to many people abusing this. It does suck for those that really do deserve a new device. But like the other guy said, the bad ones ruin it for everybody...

And yes. It is effective Monday, Jan 18th.
    01-17-10 08:06 PM
    We weren't told anything about that, but hope it's true at least in the very near future. I saw two brand new Storm 2's being given out to a couple of cry babies yesterday.
    I see that all too often, too. My guess is that, that's what's driving the supposed change. So we can all extend a great big THANK YOU to all those who abused the system and drove this alleged change.
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 01-17-10 at 09:17 PM.
    01-17-10 08:49 PM
    I am glad this change is happening, as a VZW Tech rep I see way to many people abusing this. It does suck for those that really do deserve a new device. But like the other guy said, the bad ones ruin it for everybody...

And yes. It is effective Monday, Jan 18th.
    Probably shouldn't be posting information that hasn't been announced. It's bad for job security.
    01-17-10 09:00 PM
    I personally like Verizon, am satisfied with their service, and never had to utilize the multi-FRU. As for all of this, the 'abusers' will find another loophole to crawl through because it's in their nature.
    01-18-10 02:00 AM
    No more loopholes, a fru or none..................yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    01-18-10 06:50 AM
    And that's what has happened.........I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "I read on the internet that if I've had "X" amount of phones, I can come in and get a new phone".
    Because until this change in policy occurred...or is supposedly occurring, that was the case.

01-18-10 11:17 AM
    How do yo know they didn't have real issues? Sounds like you are a real gem to work with.

01-18-10 11:22 AM
    Yes they do. It ticks me off, most of those were do to user error. I have been through four Blackberry models over the years, and yes a couple needed to be replaced but not to the extent of 3 or more.
    Well I needed 4 Storm 1's replaced for actual issues. I took the phones into the techs to help me figure out a way to get them working. No luck. So I had 4 storms replaced in 4 months. Now my 5th that I recieved in April works perfectly.
    01-18-10 11:52 AM
    I finally got to tell a scammer to FRU off...lolol ,,was told last week he could change devices and didnt want to until today...............to bad so sad .....there were no notes on his acct, ( i dont want to get flamed ) or i would have had too give it to him
    01-18-10 12:31 PM
    I finally got to tell a scammer to FRU off...lolol ,,was told last week he could change devices and didnt want to until today...............to bad so sad .....there were no notes on his acct, ( i dont want to get flamed ) or i would have had too give it to him
    That person will get it, just not thru you.

01-18-10 12:45 PM
150 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD