Im in the Bronx, NYC area...is anyone else having this "edge" issue?? the "egde" is not allowing me to connect to aim, or receive certain msgs and emails. It is raining and it can be because of the weather..i just wanted to know is anyone else has this issue. i have an 8900.

Holla!!
    12-02-09 09:23 PM
    You do not have a connection to RIM's servers when it is in lowercase.

EDGE/3G/GPRS - Connected to RIM's servers for online content.

edge/3g/gprs - no valid connection

Try a battery pull, (if not working)then resending service books from BIS
    12-02-09 11:06 PM
    Does your area have 3G service?
    12-02-09 11:42 PM
    That happens sometime to my phone, occasionally go into manage connections, turn them off, do a battery pull and then turn the connections back on
    12-02-09 11:45 PM
    I think it just happens sometimes. A battery pull usually solves the problem. Sending the SB may help too. If nothing works, it's most likely an outage of some sort.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 05:12 PM
    I get the same problem from time to time, a reboot solves it.
    12-10-09 01:02 AM
    Same here. donno why it keeps doing it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 01:15 AM
    Today was the first day this week I've had a stable connection. I've turned my phone on in the morning to find my mobile network turned off, lower case edge, uma, and sos all week. I'm happy that whatever happened in the area cleared up.
    12-11-09 09:37 PM
    I dont even get edge or EDGE i only have GPRS. I have talked to tmobile and i cant even get calls over data! I still love my 8900 im just frustrated because i also am a net and pandora fiend. if anybody knows anything i can do or has had this problem please help! I hate not being notified i got a call until the voicemail pops up. Its frustrating because i cant recieve important calls and everybody thinks i am ignoring their calls.
    12-21-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD