I just switched from a iPhone to the q10 and have an unlimited data plan. AT&T just informed me that I can't get a LTE unlimited plan with any of the new blackberry's. the only way you can I'd you opt out of the unlimited data plan and get a 3gig or 5gig plan. This is insane!!! I can get LTE unlimited for the SAmsung S4 or the iPhone 5!!!
    So blackberry is the only device I can't get the LTE unlimited plan.

This can't be right! I am trying to stay with blackberry but things like this are unbelievable! AT&T is the blame but how can blackberry have a chance with relationships like this that are unfair!!!

If anyone has any input please let me know.
    08-17-13 08:13 AM
    I just switched from a iPhone to the q10 and have an unlimited data plan. AT&T just informed me that I can't get a LTE unlimited plan with any of the new blackberry's. the only way you can I'd you opt out of the unlimited data plan and get a 3gig or 5gig plan. This is insane!!! I can get LTE unlimited for the SAmsung S4 or the iPhone 5!!!

This can't be right! I am trying to stay with blackberry but things like this are unbelievable! AT&T is the blame but how can blackberry have a chance with relationships like this that are unfair!!!

Use the APN that AT&T uses for the S4 or iPhone, it should work.
    08-17-13 08:18 AM
    Moved your thread to the appropriate forum and made a minor edit for specificity. Also deleted the redundant thread.
    08-17-13 08:19 AM
    Why would they offer unlimited for everything but BBRY??? Strange
    08-17-13 08:21 AM
    I had unlimited data for the Z10 on AT&T when I had the Z10. Try another rep if you haven't bought the Q10 already.
    08-17-13 08:22 AM

Call again, and ask for a supervisor... I do have Q10 and have my unlimited data plan...
    08-17-13 08:22 AM
    It's really strange and makes no sense!! I am now looking how to change the apn settings but when I try the boxes wont accept input.
    08-17-13 08:24 AM
    Whatever plan they offer for the iphone5 or S4 or anything really will work fine on the Z10 or q10. They are just trying to restrict you. Insist on one of the standard plans. Hell call customer service and tell then you bought an S4 used and want the plan, then power your blackberry back up. No reason it won't work.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 08:25 AM
    Is it LTE. I tried talking to a supervisor and they said AT&T does not offer a LTE plan for the blackberry's that are unlimited. This is so strange.
    08-17-13 08:25 AM
    I will try that. When I mentioned that they informed me that if you do that the system when it finds out will automatically change to the non LTE plan thus the blackberry 4 g plan only. Very strange. That's why they ask you for the imei number.
    08-17-13 08:28 AM
    I will try that. When I mentioned that they informed me that if you do that the system when it finds out will automatically change to the non LTE plan thus the blackberry 4 g plan only. Very strange. That's why they ask you for the imei number.
    I call it BS. I am also with at&t and when I upgraded my phone I specifically asked if I'm about to lose my unlimited plan, I was told not. It's about 5 months since I upgraded to Z10 and I'm my unlimited plan includes LTE.

Just go to a at&t store.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    08-17-13 08:44 AM
    They are bull ****ting you. I didn't even swap from my bis plan. Just activated the simm on Verizon and away I went.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 08:45 AM
    It should be a grandfathered service due to you having unlimited service before. The servise is called "Blackberry Personal for LTE with Visual Voicemail". They may not know the name or what to do as they push the apple and samsung products.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    08-17-13 08:46 AM
    You don't need a "blackberry" plan. You should be able to just swap you SIM into the Q10 and it will work.

I had a Galaxy S3 with an LTE plan. I bought the Q10, never called ATT. I just popped out the SIM and put it in the Q10 and LTE worked.
    08-17-13 08:51 AM
    The data plan I'm on (with AT&T) is called Blackberry Personal for LTE w/Visual Voicemail, and it is unlimited. I had to call up to add my grandfathered unlimited data back to my plan after ordering, which took a few calls, but they did it.

When I ordered (around the time the Z10 was released on AT&T) online, I had to add one of the DataPro plans as they didn't have an unlimited option listed. A rep on the phone assured me that it could be added after the fact, and that you need to call in before activation to have it added. That did happen for me, but as I mentioned, it took a little back and forth with customer service.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    08-17-13 08:55 AM
    Thanks everyone. I will try again and see what they tell me. I will report back. Thanks!!!
    08-17-13 08:59 AM
    You don't need a "blackberry" plan. You should be able to just swap you SIM into the Q10 and it will work.

I had a Galaxy S3 with an LTE plan. I bought the Q10, never called ATT. I just popped out the SIM and put it in the Q10 and LTE worked.
    It is true that the data will work just by switching the SIM card. There are some of the email push features and BBM items that may not work as well as they should. If you don't see the berries in the upper right next to the network type, the BlackBerry servers might not be used for BBM. The delivered and read indicators might not indicate correctly.
    08-17-13 09:03 AM
    Ok here what happened: called had AT&T go back into my account to pull up the correct plan I had before. They still don't offer LTE unlimited plan for blackberry straight up via their system. This is kind of nuts that blackberry users have to deal with this. So I am now on the unlimited data plan with LTE. Thanks to all and this forum is awesome.

Now lets get AT&T to treat blackberry users as the other smartphone users.
    potatoguy likes this.
    08-17-13 09:46 AM
    I bought my z10 at best buy then went to att n asked for a new Free sin card. , they did it, and I have my unlimited plan w 4g which is pretty fast, no problems
    08-17-13 09:54 AM
    Whoever you dealt with is full of it. I ordered mine over the phone the day it was released. It came in the mail and I was shortly ready to go. For s few days I noticed my LTE wasn't flashing. I called AT&T to ask and the guy couldn't help me, corporate store was baffled, and it wasn't until I called AT&T again that I finally got an answer.

What had happen was this. I had a 9810. They activated my phone, but never updated in the system that I had the Z10, thus I wasn't setup for LTE data. Anyway, when it was all said and done I had LTE on an unlimited plan. She said she had to submit to higher to request it, but because I had the unlimited data from my previous plan that it would work and she did it all the time.
    08-17-13 10:39 AM
    Another sign of an AT&T rep not knowing what they are talking about... AT&T needs to really train their reps a lot better... I know first hand it took me two days to open up my account with AT&T because of reps not knowing how to properly do their jobs...
    08-17-13 11:03 AM

You don't NEED a special BlackBerry Plan with the new phones. it appears on their network just as if it were any other Android device or tablet or PC.

Just swap SIM's and enjoy.
    08-17-13 11:06 AM
    The data plan I'm on (with AT&T) is called Blackberry Personal for LTE w/Visual Voicemail, and it is unlimited. I had to call up to add my grandfathered unlimited data back to my plan after ordering, which took a few calls, but they did it.

When I ordered (around the time the Z10 was released on AT&T) online, I had to add one of the DataPro plans as they didn't have an unlimited option listed. A rep on the phone assured me that it could be added after the fact, and that you need to call in before activation to have it added. That did happen for me, but as I mentioned, it took a little back and forth with customer service.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    Correct. When I ordered my phone online I was told to call before activation to keep my plan since, when you order the phone, the only available choices are the 300 MB, 3, and 5 GB plan options. I was told to choose any of those to process the order and call once the phone arrived to activate it.
    rsp21286 likes this.
    08-17-13 01:00 PM
    yes, really
    08-17-13 01:46 PM
    Guys 4G LTE coming to India ,but BB doing nothing already Samsung and sleepy Apple which was not interested earlier in Indian market is appeasing big players to do business.
    BB send some specialized team to dive multi billion dollar deals in India
    Even small players and LG are have comitted to launch sets to match Indian LTE requirements.

Are you lisening Thorsten Heins ,work fast in this matter ,if it really is worth it
    08-17-13 02:41 PM
38 12