Whoa, who said that? Last I heard, WFC for the Classic was supposed to drop "after Labor Day." Possibly tomorrow. Also the T-mobile Classics are exactly the same as the generic ones from Amazon and ShopBB, unless someone knows different.
    I must have read it wrong. My apologies.

The shopbb Classic and Z30 are running

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2339
    Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339

What OS is TMO branded Classic running?

Poetry in Motion
    09-09-15 12:59 PM
    This has been updated as expected.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/09/...ry-10-devices/

Poetry in Motion
    09-09-15 01:03 PM
    But I bet there were/are still people paying on them. And there are enterprise customers using them. If bought in release month, two years would have been up in March 2015. To me it doesn't matter if they weren't selling them online or in stores anymore because of the John and John spat. Also, Clewley said everyone would get 10.3.2, including all carriers - he said carriers would just be a little longer. At the very least, TMO should have pushed 10.3.1 as the Z and Q weren't even two years old.

10.3.0 was released late 2014.
    10.3.1 was released in February 2015
    10.3.2 was released in June 2015.

Poetry in Motion
    I'm in total agreement with you. But remember, this is a market where until Apple changed the rules. Vendors and telecoms weren't actively supporting devices past launch or telecom EOL dates.

Doesn't make it fair or right. And at least things are starting to improve.
    09-09-15 01:14 PM
    Whoa, who said that? Last I heard, WFC for the Classic was supposed to drop "after Labor Day." Possibly tomorrow. Also the T-mobile Classics are exactly the same as the generic ones from Amazon and ShopBB, unless someone knows different.
    Except they're branded to T-Mobile. Which means added bloatware, and the updates are up to them not BlackBerry.

Same as any other branded device.
    09-09-15 01:15 PM
    This has been updated as expected.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/09/...ry-10-devices/

Poetry in Motion
    All devices are "eligible" is market speak for "good luck with your telecom vendor".

09-09-15 01:17 PM
    What OS is TMO branded Classic running?
    OS version 10.3.2.876 is the latest, according to TMO.
    09-09-15 01:22 PM
    OS version 10.3.2.876 is the latest, according to TMO.
    Yep! My T-Mobile issued Classic is ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.876 And I have been pushing my OS Upgrade button several times daily in anticipation of "The Big One" AKA "The OS that finally drops WiFi-Calling capabilities"!
    No BIS on T-Mobile after 10 September 2015-img_20150909_165735.png
    Specifically created a home screen shortcut to hasten things a bit...

Posted via CB10
    Anovascular likes this.
    09-09-15 04:04 PM
    Will I be able to install WFC on my Verizon Classic whenever TMO released WFC? I use my verizon classic on TMO.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 06:29 PM
    Will I be able to install WFC on my Verizon Classic whenever TMO released WFC? I use my verizon classic on TMO.
    It hasn't worked this way in the past with Z10s and Q10s: WFC has only worked on the model TMO was selling.
    09-09-15 06:35 PM
    Soo...anyone without BIS today?
    09-11-15 06:07 PM
    Nope...so I have no idea why the person I talked to was SO CERTAIN it was going to happen.
    09-11-15 06:10 PM
    My 9900 and its' BIS still chugging along

Nope...so I have no idea why the person I talked to was SO CERTAIN it was going to happen.
    You weren't the only one who was told this, I saw this post a few days ago in the Classic thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...assic-1037728/ Stated that there is a $100 off Classic due to BIS servers being shut down... After seeing this post I contacted T-Mobile again and was fed the same line you originally posted. Was offered a selection of 4 phones for free (all hideous, cheap phones: 2 ZTE droid variants, an LG something-or-other and Sammy's economically thrifty device - the Galaxy Core Prime) OR $100 off almost any other smartphone, including the Classic, which I already have 2... I opted to have them put that $100 off on hold (which they noted in my account in case the Passport or Slider drop soon-ish) under the premise that I wanted to investigate phone choices. In the meantime, my 9900 and its' BIS rage on... I really don't think they have any clue what BIS entails or what's happening... But I now have a $100 credit + my BIS so I'm not really concerned with anything other than the fact that such a lack of knowledge and coordination exist haha! Guess it depends on the day and what rep you talk to...

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    09-12-15 11:59 AM
    I wonder if this has something to do with the UMTS 1700 shutdown. After all, TMO's BBOS phones were all UMTS 1700 models, and BIS is essentially a pre-LTE add-on.
    CivilDissident and rayporsche like this.
    09-12-15 12:26 PM
    I wonder if this has something to do with the UMTS 1700 shutdown. After all, TMO's BBOS phones were all UMTS 1700 models, and BIS is essentially a pre-LTE add-on.
    This is a better reasoning... Especially since this time when I called, the tech support rep when asked if BIS was being cut, began his spiel with '..short answer, YES' and then went on to say that 'beginning today (Sept 10th) your 9900 will no longer have a functioning data plan' and then moved on to the Free phones and and $100-off conversation... The T-Mobile BlackBerry tech support rep I spoke to a week ago however seemed very firm BIS will live on and even assured me that if I were to purchase a legacy device anew they would be able to affix a BIS plan no problem. Confusing, so rather than going by what a rep says I'm gaging things based on my 9900, BIS and how its' acting via T-Mobile, so far it's looking like BIS is holding on firm... My advice would be to jump in on the $100 off discount on the Classic (or asked them to put the discount on hold on your account) while you can, just in case anyways and also because why not? Their (possible) misunderstanding, our gain...

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 12:53 PM
    Received update on shopbb TMO phone

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639

Poetry in Motion
    CivilDissident likes this.
    09-15-15 03:19 PM
    Received update on shopbb TMO phone

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639

Poetry in Motion
    My ShopBB Blue Classic also just updated
    No BIS on T-Mobile after 10 September 2015-img_20150915_204440.png

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 03:49 PM
    Do either of you have WiFi calling?
    09-15-15 06:51 PM
    Do either of you have WiFi calling?
    I haven't put my SIM into it to try, but I'm betting no... I keep my Blue Classic SIM free, while using my Black T-Mobile issued Classic on an active live... I can try later, but history so far is a no...

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 06:56 PM
    I installed the update and I don't have WFC so I'm still stuck with Spare Phone.
    09-15-15 06:57 PM
    Starting a new thread in case anyone missed this.

I was told by the Specialized Resolution Team last night that T-Mobile will be shutting off BIS on September 10th.
    Well I was pretty busy this past weekend but this morning when I turned on my trusty old Bold 9900 from T-Mobile which does have an active BIS plan with them and have always shown 4G with full signal bars, huh!!! not anymore, the signal never went past EDGE during the whole day and there was no BlackBerry Logo in the signal area which usually means you have DATA. The funny thing about this is that everything worked, yes everything like browser, bbm, e-mail and other apps....of course at a very slooooooooow pace. This is in South Florida, I wonder if anybody else is experiencing this or it's just an isolated instance or perhaps the Specialized Resolution Team was right on the mark. Will check again tomorrow and see what happens.

Posted via P9983
    09-15-15 07:26 PM
    Well I was pretty busy this past weekend but this morning when I turned on my trusty old Bold 9900 from T-Mobile which does have an active BIS plan with them and have always shown 4G with full signal bars, huh!!! not anymore, the signal never went past EDGE during the whole day and there was no BlackBerry Logo in the signal area which usually means you have DATA. The funny thing about this is that everything worked, yes everything like browser, bbm, e-mail and other apps....of course at a very slooooooooow pace. This is in South Florida, I wonder if anybody else is experiencing this or it's just an isolated instance or perhaps the Specialized Resolution Team was right on the mark. Will check again tomorrow and see what happens.

Posted via P9983
    I don't have that problem yet still 4G and the BlackBerry data symbol... Pennsylvania here...
    No BIS on T-Mobile after 10 September 2015-screen_20150916_09118.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 09-16-15 at 09:07 AM.
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-16-15 08:20 AM
    No problem (so far) here north of Boston, Ma. My BB9810 still has BIS.
    09-16-15 10:38 AM
    TMO may have cannibalized their UMTS 1700 network around you. It would be an easy thing to check for if you have the non-North American model of some BB10 phones (Classic/Z30/Q10) or even the non-LTE variants of some (Z10, Q5.) I think even the Verizon models (Q10/Z30/Classic) could be used for this experiment.
    CivilDissident and rayporsche like this.
    09-16-15 10:48 AM
    Yes, it seems like they finally shutted down AWS 1700/2100 4G/3G U2100 Networks in our area......oh well they had Miami on schedule for August 20 and it is September 16 so I guess it is what it is and EDGE is definitely too slow to really operate effectively. We still run several Legacy devices mostly Bold's 9900 and to be frank we love them regardless of how many BB10OS we already have operating. We can only imagine that T-Mobile was looking to have all of those Legacy clients update their devices to newer ones and such, in our case we decided to go with option B and as of today all of the devices that are T-mobile branded are undergoing the unlocking procedure so we can sever our ties with them and possibly move to AT&T as much as we may dislike them as a service provider and their higher costs as well. You know what they say: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
    09-16-15 11:20 AM
    Yes, it seems like they finally shutted down AWS 1700/2100 4G/3G U2100 Networks in our area......oh well they had Miami on schedule for August 20 and it is September 16 so I guess it is what it is and EDGE is definitely too slow to really operate effectively. We still run several Legacy devices mostly Bold's 9900 and to be frank we love them regardless of how many BB10OS we already have operating. We can only imagine that T-Mobile was looking to have all of those Legacy clients update their devices to newer ones and such, in our case we decided to go with option B and as of today all of the devices that are T-mobile branded are undergoing the unlocking procedure so we can sever our ties with them and possibly move to AT&T as much as we may dislike them as a service provider and their higher costs as well. You know what they say: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
    Excellent solution long term...! (Also, way to channel Kelly Clarkson haha!) Short term, using your PorscheBerry's hotspot to power the 9900 is also an option... That's probably how I'd play it out... Or use my mobile broadband device that doesn't get play anyways, I'd make this worthless thing earn its' keep finally...

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-16-15 11:33 AM
97 1234