I posted this in the Sprint Nav thread that started when Nav was updated to version 2.8, but never got a reply.

As we all know, the new version includes a night mode which darkens the background. Does anybody know if there is a way to force the night mode to come on. I live in WI and its dark here by 5pm now. But my nav still thinks its the middle of the day.

Has anybody else seen this problem and found a fix to it?
    11-23-09 10:09 AM
    Anybody???
    11-24-09 09:32 AM
    Launch sprint nav - go into share and more>preferences>map colors and change the option from auto to night.
    Last edited by mconk; 11-24-09 at 08:13 PM.
    11-24-09 03:26 PM
    Launch sprint nav - go into share and more>preferences>map colors and change the option from auto to night.
    thanksw thats useful info for me i rather ahve it night mode all the time since i sometiems drive from chicago to indiana and would like to save my battery!
    11-25-09 02:21 PM
    That is exactly what I was looking for. Now if only there were a way to set the time at which it switches to night mode if you leave it in auto.
    11-25-09 03:01 PM
    Setting the app into night mode does not save battery - it simply changes the maps color scheme to a darker color for easier viewing at night.

If you want to save battery, go into the same section in options, and set the screen to only turn on at turns. This way, the screen will light upwhen a turn is approaching, and then dim once you've made the turn. There's no need to keep the screen on at all times, especially considering the fact that the program tells you the next turn in advance anyway. You can press any key to turn it back on, otherwise it'll just turn on in advance to your next turn.

thanksw thats useful info for me i rather ahve it night mode all the time since i sometiems drive from chicago to indiana and would like to save my battery!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD