So how is your experience w/ it on T-mobile's network?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 10:38 AM
    Thought about ti. I went with the n900 instead. Dells website says it should ship tomorrow.

01-06-10 10:49 AM
    So how is your experience w/ it on T-mobile's network?
    I DESPISE the new threaded sms function on the new Blackberrys. It will probably be the end of me buying BlackBerrys unless they fix it and fix it fast.

I went into T-Mobile's store last night to see if the new Nexus is in inventory to look at. I found out that while Google uses T-Mobile as a primary netowrk partner, T-Mobile stores will not carry the Nexus and that you must buy this device directly from Google.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for one that I can play with a little. If I find one and I like what I see, I will be abandoning BlackBerry and buying the new Google device.

I couldn't be less happy with RIM over the way they have totally ruined sms message processing on the 9700.
    01-06-10 11:54 AM
    I am planning on buying one, i just have to sell my 9700 first
    01-06-10 12:46 PM
    I will not be buying one, the battery life SUCKS on Android Phones. and my Onyx is pure gin and juice in my book.

01-06-10 01:17 PM
    I'm gonna buy a new Blackberry... probably the 9100. I hope it comes out for TMo.
    01-06-10 05:31 PM
    I'm thinking about getting one but I need more info before I decide.
    01-06-10 11:19 PM
    It looks cool and I'm interested in playing with it, but I don't see myself owning it anytime soon.

I like Android but it still has a way to go in terms of battery life, app development, and consistent email delivery (that is, for emails other than Gmail). I'm perfectly happy with my BB. Nexus One seems quite pricey.

I'm waiting to see what other new BBs come out in the future.

01-07-10 12:37 AM
    Bought one yesterday, it was delivered this afternoon. I bought it outright, unlocked and no contract. I put it on my family plan and had T-Mobile activate unlimited data on that line for me. I love the thing, more so than my iPhone 3G S I sold last month. The only flaw I would place on it, is the trackball. HTC needs to just dump it, totally not needed for a full screen device.

I use Google Voice and have 3 phones set up through it so I can just grab whatever phone I want for the day.
    01-07-10 12:59 AM
    I like Android but it still has a way to go in terms of battery life, app development, and consistent email delivery (that is, for emails other than Gmail).
    The poor battery life a lot of users experience with Android devices can be managed with some simple settings changes. Also, the newer builds of Android did wonders for the battery life as well.

Instant email is indeed something BB has cornered the market on, but Android has a lot of other advantages.

I think Android has THE best platform for application development. App World has been a big disappointment for me. Very few useful apps. Apps that seem useful end up functioning poorly. Google released development platforms for all three major OSes, plus hosts their own online guides for developers.
    01-07-10 01:19 AM
    Bought one yesterday, it was delivered this afternoon. I bought it outright, unlocked and no contract. I put it on my family plan and had T-Mobile activate unlimited data on that line for me. I love the thing, more so than my iPhone 3G S I sold last month. The only flaw I would place on it, is the trackball. HTC needs to just dump it, totally not needed for a full screen device.

I use Google Voice and have 3 phones set up through it so I can just grab whatever phone I want for the day.
    How much is T-Mobile charging for the internet with these phones? The same as the blackberry internet service?

If someone grandfathered the $19.99 unlimited BIS plan, will that work with a droid?
    01-07-10 04:27 AM
    I would like to give one a try, but I read somewhere that if purchased through T-Mobile, there is only one plan you can get for $79.99.

But if I purchase the phone outright, would I be able to keep my current plan?
    01-07-10 08:28 AM
    I would like to give one a try, but I read somewhere that if purchased through T-Mobile, there is only one plan you can get for $79.99.

But if I purchase the phone outright, would I be able to keep my current plan?
    You don't purchase through T-Mobile, it's only available via Google's phone store. The only service plan offered on contract is the EM 500 $39 plan with unlimited data and text bundled onto it. However I have read that you can call T-Mobile after you have it activated and change to a different EM plan, you can't ditch the data or text plans though.

How much is T-Mobile charging for the internet with these phones? The same as the blackberry internet service?

If someone grandfathered the $19.99 unlimited BIS plan, will that work with a droid?
    Yeah, same as the Berry plan. $30 for unlimited data added to my Unlimited EM plan, I didn't opt for the text plan as all my SMS is done via Google Voice. I doubt a grandfathered BIS would work as that's for BlackBerry's to connect to the BIS.
    01-07-10 09:14 AM
    I ordered one this morning, should get it tomorrow. I just wish that TMo had at least one at their stores that people could use first before buying...
    01-07-10 01:22 PM
    I DESPISE the new threaded sms function on the new Blackberrys. It will probably be the end of me buying BlackBerrys unless they fix it and fix it fast.

I went into T-Mobile's store last night to see if the new Nexus is in inventory to look at. I found out that while Google uses T-Mobile as a primary netowrk partner, T-Mobile stores will not carry the Nexus and that you must buy this device directly from Google.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for one that I can play with a little. If I find one and I like what I see, I will be abandoning BlackBerry and buying the new Google device.

I couldn't be less happy with RIM over the way they have totally ruined sms message processing on the 9700.
    Dude for the love god could you please stop posting about the damn threaded sms feature of the new 5.0 OS. I have read countless post by you trashing one damn feature. The OP asked a simple question and that was who if anyone was getting one? Now I understand that you wanted to explain why you want to move on to a new device and that is great, but just f****** do it.

Now to answer the question at hand. I have given this much thought and I am considering getting one. I just love all of the videos I have seen which just makes me want it more. This has been the first phone that has me wanting to leave the berry. I may just make that move I guess we shall see.

01-07-10 03:41 PM
    The Nexus One looks cool but I don't plan on getting one. I wouldn't mind testing one out if tmobile ever got them.

01-07-10 04:02 PM
    I may get one for the wife... she likes the touch screen and other features. She had a Storm on T-Mo, but thats kinda sucky.
    01-07-10 04:20 PM
    I will wait for ... Nexus Two (or maybe be Nexus One II) LoL

Just avoid the trackball and no physical keyboard
    01-07-10 05:41 PM
    LOL@Sirhil

Moving on! Although I just got my 9700 on Monday, I'm happy with it and I don't think it's going back to TMO. The Nexus One caught my eye with that 1Ghz snapdragon processor and screen. Now why can't BBs come with a processor like that? I'd like to check it out but I'm not fond of touchscreens.
    01-07-10 08:50 PM
    No Nexus one for me... The only reason why I have a BB instead of the iphone is I need to feel some sort of keyboard, not a big fan of touchscreens.

I would be interested if Tmobile ever get the GSM version of the motorola Droid Verizon is carrying, that is a nice phone.
    01-08-10 12:11 AM
    @Armando

I'm glad to hear you're liking that 9700!

(Back on topic)...I'm interested to see what the Nexus touch screen is like. The best touch screen I have used is iPhone/iTouch but even that could be improved a bit. I wonder what Nexus has to offer.

01-08-10 12:38 AM

so your answer is to go with a **** operating system that threads sms anyway?

that makes no sense whatsoever. Andriod is a gimicky ****box of an os. there is a complete and total lack of quality control on an ton of applications that are all over hyped. this phone is over hyped. As someone who has used all of the major OS's the bb is by far the best and of the highest quality.

here is a helpful hint on buying the nexus one. don't buy it. if you do, pay full price cause NO ONE understands a damn thing about how this discount works on this damn phone. no one except google....trust me on this.
    01-08-10 12:38 AM
    I just got my nexus one earlier today.

01-08-10 02:11 PM
    I just got my nexus one earlier today.

When you can tear yourself away from it report how you like it!
    01-09-10 08:27 PM
    Buyer beware! Nexus One is sold through Google. If you buy one & are not out of contract, you're gonna get wacked w/an ETF to switch plans or the $35 migration fee depending on how deep you are into your contract.Also don't expect to be eligible for discounts on this phone unless you're off contract.

T-Mo will not service the phone nor are they selling it. If your phone freaks out, T-Mo will trouble shoot the phone & fix network issues only. If your phone is the problem, you'll have to talk to Google tech. You need a replacement phone, you'll need to call Google.

01-09-10 10:20 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD