I really hope i can be a android fanboy!!
    01-05-10 09:40 PM
    check out my Nexus One theme at the 95xx section
    01-06-10 03:03 AM
    I've played with the droid and I really like Android 2.0 That being said I'm still getting a BB because I'm not sure that android is quit polished yet. Plus the community support for a BB has a much larger user base and a deeper well of knowledge.
    01-06-10 06:08 AM
    check out my Nexus One theme at the 95xx section
    A link to the thread would be nice.
    01-06-10 08:31 AM
    I've played with the droid and I really like Android 2.0 That being said I'm still getting a BB because I'm not sure that android is quit polished yet. Plus the community support for a BB has a much larger user base and a deeper well of knowledge.
    Too be honest I don't think BB is quite polished yet either. There is glitches with my storm 1 I wish that were fixed but its just not gonna happen anytime soon.

BB does have a larger support though.
    01-06-10 10:26 AM
    Should be alot of initial storm buyers up for early renewal by spring,wonder how many leave S1 for a nexus? Thats assuming monthly bill will be around the same. Im more than likely going to give the nexus a shot once it gets here. Hate to bail on my storm but it seems its time. lol. Hopefully BB steps up the OS soon. I hear rumors of S3 already but more and more im assuming its still going to be more of the same. Hope im wrong but to see the S2 hit and more or less be the exact same phone with wifi and more memory didnt impress me at all. Thought i wanted one initially but that wore off quick. Lets see how the reviews go as people start getting the Nexus.
    01-06-10 11:57 AM
    Should be alot of initial storm buyers up for early renewal by spring,wonder how many leave S1 for a nexus? Thats assuming monthly bill will be around the same. Im more than likely going to give the nexus a shot once it gets here. Hate to bail on my storm but it seems its time. lol. Hopefully BB steps up the OS soon. I hear rumors of S3 already but more and more im assuming its still going to be more of the same. Hope im wrong but to see the S2 hit and more or less be the exact same phone with wifi and more memory didnt impress me at all. Thought i wanted one initially but that wore off quick. Lets see how the reviews go as people start getting the Nexus.
    Want to race to the VZW store when it's released?
    01-06-10 01:11 PM
    I'll probably be getting my Storm3 then.
    01-06-10 01:15 PM
    Flash is coming to the Nexus 1, check out the video from Engadget

Nexus One previewed with Flash 10.1 beta: careful what you wish for (video) -- Engadget

The web browsing seems solid.
    01-06-10 02:57 PM
    Want to race to the VZW store when it's released?
    Sure. lol More than likely Google will do the same kind of deal with verizon as Tmobile with the selling of the phone.
    01-06-10 03:05 PM
    I'll probably be getting my Storm3 then.
    Good luck with it. As i said i really hope RIM has something new in store for S3. I just dont feel like waiting till Oct. ,Nov. to find out. Without a major OS overhaul i cant stay on the storm. Would be nice to see RIM just make the storm a seperate entity altogether. Meaning make a OS dedicated to the storm only. It seems their continued effort to make a outdated OS touchscreen capable as opposed to making a New and fresh full touch OS is their own worst doing right now tech wise. If they can get all that done by the spring I'll stay...
    01-06-10 03:18 PM
    I would gladly switch to the n1 when it comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 04:57 PM
    i the iPhone is so irrelevant why does it continue to be the standard for what needs to be met?
    If iPhone is the end-all-be-all of phones, why does AT&T sell non-apple devices?

They've all got their advantages, disadvantages, and lovable quirks. Otherwise there wouldn't be such a wide market with so many buyers still buying.
    01-06-10 06:00 PM
    i the iPhone is so irrelevant why does it continue to be the standard for what needs to be met?
    The iPhone is the standard for some, not all.

For some people the BB is the standard the iPhone has yet to meet.
    01-07-10 08:07 PM
    The iPhone is the standard for some, not all.

For some people the BB is the standard the iPhone has yet to meet.
    Absolutely. To me the fact the iphone cannot support a replaceable battery renders it useless. I carry around a spare battery that gives 3.5 days of power without a charge. I want a business device first consumer device second.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 10:00 PM
    Sure. lol More than likely Google will do the same kind of deal with verizon as Tmobile with the selling of the phone.
    Yeah, I see now that it appears their plan is to sell all the N1's direct. That's fine too...it will just be a race to see who can fill out the online form the fastest!

Flash is coming to the Nexus 1, check out the video from Engadget

Nexus One previewed with Flash 10.1 beta: careful what you wish for (video) -- Engadget

The web browsing seems solid.
    Looking good! Now I want it even more!

Good luck with it. As i said i really hope RIM has something new in store for S3. I just dont feel like waiting till Oct. ,Nov. to find out. Without a major OS overhaul i cant stay on the storm. Would be nice to see RIM just make the storm a seperate entity altogether. Meaning make a OS dedicated to the storm only. It seems their continued effort to make a outdated OS touchscreen capable as opposed to making a New and fresh full touch OS is their own worst doing right now tech wise. If they can get all that done by the spring I'll stay...
    I don't want to wait either and risk having it be more of the same. I figure I'll get an Android phone (probably the N1) this Spring and then if the S3 is hot enough I might change again at that time or certainly by the following Spring. I suspect by then though there will be even hotter Android devices too, so who knows? I'm not very brand loyal when it comes to phones...lol!
    01-07-10 10:49 PM
    the N1 is no iPhone killer......the N1 UI is still rough.....

I JB'd my 3G and BB doesnt hold a match to it.....im not looking to get into an argument.....but IMO N1 falls short of what I was expecting
    I can actually agree with you to an extent. I guess I just haven't played with it enough, I'm not seeing the whole Android-mania-whatever...but I wasn't drawn to the iPhone either. Though, the iPhone was the game changer.
    01-07-10 11:25 PM
    read Cnet if you want to know more as for me BB only.
    01-07-10 11:27 PM
    Nexus looks awesome but can't leave blackberry for 2 yrs so will just wait for the nexus 2, or better yet if new phones come out every couple of months maybe it will be the nexus 4-5 hehe
    01-08-10 12:13 AM
    Does anyone know when VZW will have this in stores (if so)? AND if we'll be able to use our VZW upgrades?

It seems that you can only currently buy it directly from Google.com/phone, but maybe someone else has more info?
    01-09-10 10:41 PM
    I might get this... Though...

I would certainly miss the physical keyboard. I've had several touch screen only devices in the past; such as the Eris, Storm and a couple WinMo phones, and every time I get fed up with not being able to blaze out text messages, that I eventually switch to a phone with a physical keyboard. Every time I get a touch screen only phone, I assume that the typing will be more accurate, and genuinely believe that I'll have better luck, but this has yet to happen...

On top of this, the Nexus One appears to have marginal improvements over the Moto Droid. The 1ghz processor is very impressive, but so far from what I've read, it still doesn't make the device a whole lot snappier than the Moto Droid...

I'll have to look into it more, and I'm generally a sucker for these new devices, so I may end up getting one anyways...
    01-10-10 04:41 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD