01-05-10 12:55 PM
    Another big score for VZW
    01-05-10 02:13 PM
    Bigger score for Tmobile who got it first.
    01-05-10 02:17 PM
    True True but VZW will probably sell a whole lot more of them. Maybe it'll eventually come to Sprint since I just changed to them LOL
    01-05-10 02:20 PM
    With this phone coming to VZW, makes the iphone irrelevant. Not that it was anyway!
    01-05-10 02:29 PM
    the N1 is no iPhone killer......the N1 UI is still rough.....

i the iPhone is so irrelevant why does it continue to be the standard for what needs to be met?

I JB'd my 3G and BB doesnt hold a match to it.....im not looking to get into an argument.....but IMO N1 falls short of what I was expecting
    01-05-10 02:33 PM
    the N1 is no iPhone killer......the N1 UI is still rough.....

i the iPhone is so irrelevant why does it continue to be the standard for what needs to be met?

I JB'd my 3G and BB doesnt hold a match to it.....im not looking to get into an argument.....but IMO N1 falls short of what I was expecting
    Really? You've used one and been able to compare them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 02:44 PM
    used is a relative term......Ive played with one for about 90 seconds......didnt make a call......
    01-05-10 02:46 PM
    used is a relative term......Ive played with one for about 90 seconds......didnt make a call......
    When and where did you get hands on? The N1 that is
    01-05-10 04:02 PM
    When: Sunday
    Where: local pal with a demo.....its not a big deal their already up on Craigslist for 850.....well they were anyway....it wasnt a CDMA version though as far as I could tell
    01-05-10 04:19 PM
    Just watched Engadget's video demo....looks like a great toy. They spent most of the vid demonstrating the "Live Wallpaper" which looked really cool, if I was around 18 or 20 years old.

On a positive note, I did like the overall look of the phone. At least it looked like a solid build from HTC.
    01-05-10 04:28 PM
    Just watched Engadget's video demo....looks like a great toy. They spent most of the vid demonstrating the "Live Wallpaper" which looked really cool, if I was around 18 or 20 years old.

On a positive note, I did like the overall look of the phone. At least it looked like a solid build from HTC.
    def a solid build....I just didnt like the clutter of the 5 home pages....it was actually too much.....but the whole device is super slim......

the one he had looked like a slightly modded android 2.0........i hated the little trackball though
    01-05-10 04:36 PM
    Looks super cool.

That name evokes White Zombie to me; though I'm guessing that they won't be airing commercials and playing More Human Than Human in the background.
    01-05-10 04:37 PM
    Wonder how many S1 and S2 owners will jump to this when it comes?
    01-05-10 05:29 PM
    none.........has anyone here read the reviews?

FAIL
    01-05-10 06:04 PM
    looks cool. I want a Droid phone though,with a real Keyboard, that isn't crap like the Moto.
    01-05-10 06:16 PM
    none.........has anyone here read the reviews?

FAIL
    Sure ive read plenty of reviews. Why do you say it fails?
    01-05-10 06:18 PM
    Don't mind him, he can't help himself. Anyone who doesn't agree with him regarding his jesusPhone *must* be: 1) wrong; 2) uneducated; 3) misinformed; 4) clueless.

Like I said, just ignore him.

OT: I'll be adding a line for the N1 when it drops on VZW. It's the Android phone I've been waiting for.
    01-05-10 06:24 PM
    Don't mind him, he can't help himself. Anyone who doesn't agree with him regarding his jesusPhone *must* be: 1) wrong; 2) uneducated; 3) misinformed; 4) clueless.

OT: I'll be adding a line for the N1 when it drops on VZW. It's the Android phone I've been waiting for.
    Im glad i didnt get a S2 now. Come spring i'll be upgrade eligible so more than likely im going to get this.
    01-05-10 06:55 PM
    Its just not what Ive been hoping for..........how do you sum up a lacking UI? I dunno......personally Ide prefer the droid

(scratches head) all I can say is try it for yourself......I just think it wont be till summer that android has its iPhone challenger.......but im quite sure android is gonna surpass the iPhone soon.......I still agree with some of the folks that say theres too many hands in the pot...

Android IS better than the iphone....the problem is it needs software refinement and hardware is sorely lacking....for instance

moto blur
    sense UI
    LG is gonna toss their enviro on it

you have all these environments kinda like how WinMo is an OS but you have all these devices so it never gets its true effect.....all these enviro's are thrown over the android and I think it steals it's glory.....youre free to disagree and thats awesome...Im just tossing in MHO

and uh......yeah......iPhone is far from the jesus phone......I love BB.......just needs an OS/UI rework.......
    01-05-10 07:02 PM
    Its just not what Ive been hoping for..........how do you sum up a lacking UI? I dunno......personally Ide prefer the droid

(scratches head) all I can say is try it for yourself......I just think it wont be till summer that android has its iPhone challenger.......but im quite sure android is gonna surpass the iPhone soon.......I still agree with some of the folks that say theres too many hands in the pot...

Android IS better than the iphone....the problem is it needs software refinement and hardware is sorely lacking....for instance

moto blur
    sense UI
    LG is gonna toss their enviro on it

you have all these environments kinda like how WinMo is an OS but you have all these devices so it never gets its true effect.....all these enviro's are thrown over the android and I think it steals it's glory.....youre free to disagree and thats awesome...Im just tossing in MHO

and uh......yeah......iPhone is far from the jesus phone......I love BB.......just needs an OS/UI rework.......
    The nexus is running updated software(yes other will have 2.1 soon) plus its running a 1ghz processor . That alone sets it apart from the droid. If your talking having a physical keyboard, then ok droid is the way to go but in just UI terms..... Nexus will perform better across the board.
    01-05-10 07:16 PM
    Um, like so many others and so many other posts before, I'm not trying to hate and I'm not ANY kind of fanboy but....here goes:

Three generations of the iPhone and still:

No multitasking. Multitasking DOES slow a device down so why do most iPhone users want it?

No replaceable battery.

3.0 MP camera? C'mon Apple!

Approximately 5,000 or more USELESS apps and more being created every month. (iFart Mobile? Seriously? There are about 50, YES 50, apps all dedicated to making fart noises on the iPhone or iPod touch. How many do you need?).

32 GB is alot, but no expandable memory for the future as SD cards and others become cheaper. Here's how it hurts: Apple simply creates a new version of the iPhone or iPod Touch for you to buy as you toss away your $199 or whatever you paid for your old iPhone.

I hope there's an app for ALL that somewhere!
    01-05-10 07:49 PM
    The nexus is running updated software(yes other will have 2.1 soon) plus its running a 1ghz processor . That alone sets it apart from the droid. If your talking having a physical keyboard, then ok droid is the way to go but in just UI terms..... Nexus will perform better across the board.
    its def. a nice device......cant argue that....but when you get a chance I think youll agree its not gonna earn the hype.....the droid is a better device.....and the snapdragon processor....yep its nice.....but it felt like it was throttled back.....i dunno rumor is there gonna root it and up the clock

Um, like so many others and so many other posts before, I'm not trying to hate and I'm not ANY kind of fanboy but....here goes:

Three generations of the iPhone and still:

No multitasking. Multitasking DOES slow a device down so why do most iPhone users want it?

I JB'd mine so I can KINDA mutlitask.....but I dont need multi tasking....lol...def if you need it android is absolutley the way to go.....
    No replaceable battery.

I can replace my own.....I'm familiar with the process and the 3G(s) dont require soldering so its pretty simple....but def outta the box the average user.....its sucky....although I like the form factor not having a removable battery provides....smooth

3.0 MP camera? C'mon Apple!

no argument here.....moreover how bout a front facing 3.2mp for video chat AND rear facing 5.0 AT LEAST

Approximately 5,000 or more USELESS apps and more being created every month. (iFart Mobile? Seriously? There are about 50, YES 50, apps all dedicated to making fart noises on the iPhone or iPod touch. How many do you need?).

again....some I like some not so much.....but with cydia I have a 3G unrestrictor so I can do VOiP over 3G....tethering app...bump app....photoshop...tfln....tech junk ...I really like alot of em and thats the point something for everyone...unlike BB app store....FAILLLLLLL

32 GB is alot, but no expandable memory for the future as SD cards and others become cheaper. Here's how it hurts: Apple simply creates a new version of the iPhone or iPod Touch for you to buy as you toss away your $199 or whatever you paid for your old iPhone.

I got my 3g for 99......but listen I dont think this is true.....heres why....iPhone resale value on craigslist is HIGGGGGH....2G are still bringing 180.....so when iPhone 4G comes out....ill sell the 3G for like 250 and subsidize my 199 upgrade fee...its like a totally free upgrade

I hope there's an app for ALL that somewhere!
    lol all good points.....honestly I love the UI......its just the device for ME....not shoving it down anybodies throat or saying BB sucks or anything stupid like that

PS: I would like to see the iPhone on VZW think it would be a great move on apples part.......come on apple
    01-05-10 07:57 PM
    I read through an interesting article today comparing the iPhone to the old macs, well actually apple's business model for them

Hey, Apple, Wake Up -- It's Happening Again

It does bring up some valid points about the iPhone vs android devices
    01-05-10 09:21 PM
    More info:

Google confirms mobile phone plans
    Nexus One selling for $179 if consumers commit to T-Mobile

Associated Press

Jan 5, 2010, 03:48 PM ET
    MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. � It's official: Google Inc. will sell its own mobile phone in an effort to protect its online advertising empire as people increasingly surf the Web on handsets instead of personal computers.

The phone announced Tuesday had been widely anticipated since Google handed out the device, called the Nexus One, to its own employees three weeks ago.

Consumers will be able to buy the Nexus One for $179 if they commit to a two-year service contract with T-Mobile USA. The phone is going on sale Tuesday online.

Google also will offer versions of the Nexus One that will give people the option of selecting the wireless networks of other major carriers. That's a departure from the way most mobile phones have been sold in the U.S.

The price of these so-called "unlocked" phones will be $529.

Verizon Wireless in the U.S. and Vodafone in Europe will begin offering subsidies on the Nexus One this spring, according to Google executives.

The Nexus One escalates Google's budding rivalry with former Silicon Valley ally, Apple Inc., which has sold more than 30 million iPhones in the past 2 1/2 years. Apple announced a deal Tuesday to buy mobile advertising service Quattro Wireless to counter Google's proposed $750 acquisition of Quattro rival AdMob.
    01-05-10 09:37 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD