Hi there! A newbie question for you crackaddicts out there,

I'm from Hong Kong and Handsets and Service Plans here are generally very very expensive. One of my colleagues told me that he went to the US and bought a device and signed up for a "global data plan" from T-Mobile for around $69.99 a month which allows him unlimited email and data traffic in about 30 odd countries.

I've been on the Tmo website and looked at the plans, and there is a plan for $69.99 which says it includes unlimited data - however, I don't know whether this means only in the US or does it mean globally?

Can anyone shed some light or make any recommendations? If it helps, I have a US address tha the phone can be shipped to and also have a US-issued corporate credit card.

Thank You.
    04-28-08 01:52 AM
    Hi there! A newbie question for you crackaddicts out there,

I'm from Hong Kong and Handsets and Service Plans here are generally very very expensive. One of my colleagues told me that he went to the US and bought a device and signed up for a "global data plan" from T-Mobile for around $69.99 a month which allows him unlimited email and data traffic in about 30 odd countries.

I've been on the Tmo website and looked at the plans, and there is a plan for $69.99 which says it includes unlimited data - however, I don't know whether this means only in the US or does it mean globally?

Can anyone shed some light or make any recommendations? If it helps, I have a US address tha the phone can be shipped to and also have a US-issued corporate credit card.

Thank You.
    hmm, interesting.

one thing for sure, if you get this plan you have to make sure that you don't make or receive any local phone call on this phone, since the call/ voice service is usually not included ( you will be charged international rate).
    04-28-08 11:54 AM
    Hello Luxeicon,
    I am also from Hong Kong and interested in the Blackberry Unlimited International Email Plan from T-Mobile. Did you ever try to get the plan?

I am normally based in Hong Kong but I have business trips every month to different countries like China, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Philippines.
    I was also hoping to get an Unlimited Email Plan. I dont really need the Data plan (e.g. surfing the web or google maps). I just wanted the one for Email but the carriers in Hong Kong have very high prices.
    I would be happy to know if you got the Blackberry International Plan from T-Mobile or if your colleague in HK is using it without any roaming charges.

I have asked T-Mobile a few months ago and they said it is unlimited email.
    Then, I had a friend in USA who double-checked with T-mobile last week and suddenly they started saying that HK carriers may charge a fee.

Please advise.
    Thank you!
    08-26-08 05:23 AM
    I am a former employee of T-Mobile. Here is what I know.
    Sounds like you are on to something. What you would need to get is the Blackberry Data/Email only plan which is 29.99; then you would need to have the Blackberry International Data add on which is 19.99. I would also recommend getting phone and Texts blocked. I have a friend that is a dealer who can help you get started if you need him to. What you would need is a USA address where the bill would be sent and the account & phone number would be based out of (which you would never use), the usual other info, payment for the BB, and to know what BB you want. Then we would just ship the BB to you. If you have any other questions feel free to email me and I will do my best to help you. PM if you have any questions.
    08-30-08 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD