Apparently all new Verizon Q10's with the new 10.2.1 update preinstalled have "broken" BlackBerry Worlds. They will not function and there's no solution for a fix. I bought two Verizon Q10's this week (April 21) and both have the problem. Several friends also bought them this week and all have the problem. Here's a YouTube demonstration.

04-24-14 01:10 PM
    Did you try a hard reset (press top button until the screen turns down)

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    04-24-14 01:16 PM
    Apparently all new Verizon Q10's with the new 10.2.1 update preinstalled have "broken" BlackBerry Worlds. They will not function and there's no solution for a fix. I bought two Verizon Q10's this week (April 21) and both have the problem. Several friends also bought them this week and all have the problem. Here's a YouTube demonstration.

I got my Verizon Q10 less than a month ago, but I didn't have this issue. You'd better restore from the Link, if the hard reset didn't work?
    04-24-14 01:24 PM
    Yes, I tried that and completely reinstalling the software (even to a different 10.2.1 version).
    04-24-14 01:36 PM
    I was unable to resolve this with Link and was then on the phone for almost 2 hours with BlackBerry trying to troubleshoot. Nothing solved the issue - including wiping and completely reinstalling BB10, even to a different version of 10.2.1.
    04-24-14 01:38 PM
    Did you try to side load an older version of BBworld? that may work, also watching the video what happens when you hit close on the download screen after hitting upgrade? Also I'm assuming your logged in with BBID
    04-24-14 01:42 PM
    I haven't tried to side load an older BB World, although I shouldn't have to do that. An average consumer would never go to that length - these units should work properly out of the box. Yes, I'm logged in with BBID. And after you hit close, it just goes back to the home screen.
    04-24-14 02:09 PM
    Another bug I've noticed is that it usually takes two or more attempts to turn off the screen with the power button. Sometimes I literally have to press it 4 times before it shuts off the screen. I'd much rather have bought these with 10.2 instead of the new software. It's a disaster!
    04-24-14 04:30 PM
    I'm really sorry you are experiencing all this problems. I just tested the top button and I press it once and the screen turns off. I have the 10.2.1.2947 OS with the .2235 radio file. Maybe try to load this OS then wipe the phone to get rid of any glitches in the software you may have and then do not reload anything from BlackBerry Link backup. Maybe something in the backup will trigger this problems. If you still encounter problems you should call verizon and change the phones. My Q10 works great.

04-24-14 04:40 PM
    I wiped and reinstalled 10.2.1.2122 (it came with 10.2.1.2112). Both have the same problems. Verizon has basically destroyed the Q10! Here's a video of the power button disaster...

04-24-14 04:56 PM
    I think is time to call verizon and get them replaced. You should not have to go thru this.

04-24-14 05:03 PM
    The problem is that two Q10's, one bought on Monday and the other on Tuesday, both have the problem. I have friends that also bought them this week, and all of their phones have the problem. I don't think replacing them will help. Seems to be an issue with their entire inventory after the update.
    04-24-14 07:42 PM
    If I will be in your situation I will keep sending them back until I will get a normal working phone. What's the other option you have to settle with a lemon?

04-24-14 07:45 PM
    Sucks you and all your friends all got faulty devices. I got one about a month ago with no issues other than no I get random reboots. Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 09:36 PM
    Thanks, I think this is a major bug caused by the 10.2.1 update being preinstalled on Q10's. I know several people (including myself) with Q10's (prior to the update) that haven't had any issues after updating from 10.2 to 10.2.1. I finally figured out what to do - you can manually update BB World with "BB World Recovery Tool", but it's ONLY AVAILABLE on Windows and I have a Mac. I finally borrowed a friend's Windows computer and successfully updated my BB World. I thought everything was solved, BUT this is my 11th BB that I've used my BB ID with. BB actually locks you out of your device after 10 devices with the same BB ID. I'm being punished for having more than 10 BlackBerry devices. This is really happening. A new video will be posted tonight...
    04-25-14 09:50 PM
    Just when I thought I had finally won, the battle continues.

04-25-14 11:36 PM
    checking the docs about this issue i found that it says 15 devices total or 10 of the same product category.
    Is this your 11th Q10?
    Last edited by ealvnv; 04-26-14 at 01:01 AM.
    04-26-14 12:35 AM
    Not sure what you saw, but it's 10 devices (any devices) with the same BB ID. That I'm sure of. It doesn't make any sense, because two devices can't have the same ID simultaneously, so one logs out when another logs on. So why impose some weird, nonsensical, arbitrary limit?
    04-26-14 01:46 AM
    That doesn't make any sense. In a sense BlackBerry is punishing those who stick with them over the years. That limit doesn't make any sense at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 03:28 PM
    It makes no sense!!!
    04-26-14 03:42 PM
    I'm sorry you're having this issue. I got my Q10 April 9th and haven't had this issue. I have 10.2.1.2122 and it's been okay. I did get an error code 0015 6 days after receiving this and I wiped out everything and reloaded the entire software off of BlackBerry Link and it's been fine. I never had an issue with BlackBerry World prior to that download either, so am clueless here and not much help.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 04:34 PM
    Not sure what you saw, but it's 10 devices (any devices) with the same BB ID. That I'm sure of. It doesn't make any sense, because two devices can't have the same ID simultaneously, so one logs out when another logs on. So why impose some weird, nonsensical, arbitrary limit?
    BlackBerry ID stays active if you are using multiple devices, it just BBM that you can't use on multiple devices t the same time , unless of course you are using BBOS devices in which it has to log you out.
    04-27-14 10:39 AM
    No if you are using BB10 devices it doesn't log you out when you swap devices unless you wipe either device, if you just switch SIM cards from device to device is just BBM that logs you out.

I use 5 devices with the same BBID back and forth and unless one of those is wiped I can use al BBID services related an all of them at the same time except for BBM.

Look the knowledge base docs from BlackBerry, they satate 15 different devices or 10 of the same category, is unclear what fits in one category but I'll asume all BB10 devices fit in one category.

If it the limit was 10, my question is is this your 11th device within 12 months? The documentation seems to indicate the limit is restarted every 12 months
    04-27-14 10:45 AM
    Yeah, it's a confusing mess to say the least. My 10 devices were within a calendar year, but included both BB10 and BB7 devices (there was a 9900 in there). This is my 11th device within a year. I was under the impression that only one device could have a BB ID at a time, but apparently that only applies to BBM. However, I thought if a device was completely wiped, the BB ID would be taken off, but it somehow remains in BlackBerry's servers. I always wiped my devices when I moved to a different one - didn't go back and forth between devices that had my BB ID on them. Only one device had the ID at a time.

My point is, if I'm wiping devices and removing my BB ID, why do I still have a 10 device limit (within a year). I think it would make sense (somewhat) to limit 10 active devices with the same BB ID on all of them, but that was not the case with me.
    04-27-14 05:50 PM
    Yeah, it's a confusing mess to say the least. My 10 devices were within a calendar year, but included both BB10 and BB7 devices (there was a 9900 in there). This is my 11th device within a year. I was under the impression that only one device could have a BB ID at a time, but apparently that only applies to BBM. However, I thought if a device was completely wiped, the BB ID would be taken off, but it somehow remains in BlackBerry's servers. I always wiped my devices when I moved to a different one - didn't go back and forth between devices that had my BB ID on them. Only one device had the ID at a time.

My point is, if I'm wiping devices and removing my BB ID, why do I still have a 10 device limit (within a year). I think it would make sense (somewhat) to limit 10 active devices with the same BB ID on all of them, but that was not the case with me.
    How can you go through so many devices within one year?

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-27-14 08:27 PM
36 12